Maternity Leave

i knew it! i knew the guy with the beard had a fake beard!

and isnt it weird that claire saw alex? also, its creepy to know that there's a "him"...a superior to both the guy with the fake beard and ethan...

I thought "Maternity Leave" was gonna have Libby flashbacks, but it ended up not having any flashbacks at all! Well, I mean, not any before-they-were-on-the-island flashbacks. ;)

Anyway, this episode, in my opinion, was absolutely amazing. We got some of our oldest questions answered, and we got see more of the main story than we usually do. I just loved every minute of this week's episode. I'm not gonna write a long summary (I'll leave that up to other people), but I might comment on everyone else's opinions.

I give this week's episode a 4 out of 4!!

The next episode (which has no known title or air date :Ponder: that I can see) looks really cool. Looking at the previews for the next episode, I feel like it will be the beginning of the end of the season. People are starting to take action, and other problems are being created. Or, is that was Lost is always doing? I don't know, but that's the feeling I got when I watched the previews.

Well, we have to wait at least three weeks for the next episode because...
"Whatever the Case May Be" (01x12) is on March 8th, and "House of the Rising Sun" (01x06) is on March 15th. After that, I don't know what's going to air, but hopefully we'll have a new episode on March 22nd. :D

I can't wait!!

"Maternity Leave" was extremely well done. I figured that we wouldn't be seeing a pre-crash flashback, but that was fine with me. Most people should be fairly happy that some things were revealed in this episode. We got to see exactly what happened to Claire while she was away. We also learned that Zeke likes to play dress-up. My guess as to why would be 1) to obviously hide his identity, and 2) to seem somewhat more menacing and "stranded" on the island rather than to appear clean shaven as he did down in the bunker. It was interesting to see Ethan as a, shall I say, man of medical prowess. I don't think many of us thought of him in that way with what we got to see in season one. I also liked the fact that we found out that Danielle actually saved Claire from the knife. Questions do still remain though. Number one is still why did they want Aaron? And for that matter why do they seem to want children in general? And finally, who is the "him" Zeke was referring to? Could it be Alvar Hanso? Maybe something/someone bigger? I don't know.

Seemed to me that Mr. Gale is actually the clinical psychologist here. He planted a seed of inferiority in Locke's head and then let him run with it. Certainly is another clue or example of the divide that is growing among the 815ers.

From what I can tell, the next episode is to air on March 22 and is called "The Whole Truth". Can't wait.

I thought "Maternity Leave" was gonna have Libby flashbacks, but it ended up not having any flashbacks at all! Well, I mean, not any before-they-were-on-the-island flashbacks. ;)
Ah, but can they have Libby flashbacks? That is, is she an "Other"? If she is, flashbacks would tend to tip that off, wouldn't they? Or else they'd have to be really, really careful and cryptic. Now, we can't be entirely sure one way or the other, but there's something fishy about her.

Number one is still why did they want Aaron? And for that matter why do they seem to want children in general? And finally, who is the "him" Zeke was referring to? Could it be Alvar Hanso? Maybe something/someone bigger? I don't know.
Very good questions . . . also: what is this "infection" that the "quarantine" is all about? And if they have vaccine, why can't they get more? They seem to have access to off-island resources. Hm. :Ponder:

Seemed to me that Mr. Gale is actually the clinical psychologist here. He planted a seed of inferiority in Locke's head and then let him run with it. Certainly is another clue or example of the divide that is growing among the 815ers.
He definitely is--I mean, the way he jumped on Sayid with the "what did it feel like?" bit? I mean, who's torturing whom here? Right, like he was ever worried or felt like he was out of control of the situation. He meant to be "caught." Just like Eko knew to whom he was confessing. Why else would he ask forgiveness? He knew just as well as Sayid did what he was dealing with.

But he isn't the only one. The film definitely used the plural for their scientific team and I'll bet he isn't the only one around here playing head games. ;)

From what I can tell, the next episode is to air on March 22 and is called "The Whole Truth". Can't wait.
"The Whole Truth", eh? Promises, promises. ^_^
✌️

Ah, but can they have Libby flashbacks? That is, is she an "Other"? If she is, flashbacks would tend to tip that off, wouldn't they? Or else they'd have to be really, really careful and cryptic. Now, we can't be entirely sure one way or the other, but there's something fishy about her.
Actually:
According to Spoilerfix.com, there's an upcoming Libby-centric episode! (Spoilerfix got it from Matt Raggs at The Fuselage website.

So the other's really did want the baby...at the end of last season we thought that they wanted Walt all along...but it was the baby, but now they have Walt...are they going to try to get the baby later? I wish Ethan tried to explain something to Claire because this is getting real confusing...but at least it still a great show!

So the other's really did want the baby...at the end of last season we thought that they wanted Walt all along...but it was the baby, but now they have Walt...are they going to try to get the baby later? I wish Ethan tried to explain something to Claire because this is getting real confusing...but at least it still a great show!
The "Others" might just want any child they can get their hands on. They probably just go after the easiest one they can kidnap, but who knows. You're right, though. It's still a great show!

This was an amazing episode. It was creepy and uncomfortable, and really really great!

Another bunker... and they thougth they were stranded on a deserted island. It can't be that far away to "civilization.

I wonder how old Alex was when she was taken? Rosseau called her "my baby", that could be that she actually was a small baby, or she could have been older and was refered to by her mother as her baby. Obviously it was Alex that helped Claire escape, if a small baby was taken by the "others", it probably would have been brainwashed to be one of them. If Alex was older when she was taken, she could resist the brainwashing and pretend to be one of them, but secretly working against them.

I was surprised that Locke freaked out about what mr Gale said. It was the cheapest trick in the book, trying to split Jack and Locke. I thought Locke was smarter than that. But it probably has something to do with his upcoming flashbacks.

I wonder how old Alex was when she was taken? Rosseau called her "my baby", that could be that she actually was a small baby, or she could have been older and was refered to by her mother as her baby. Obviously it was Alex that helped Claire escape, if a small baby was taken by the "others", it probably would have been brainwashed to be one of them. If Alex was older when she was taken, she could resist the brainwashing and pretend to be one of them, but secretly working against them.

I thought that Russo mentioned in the ep. that Alex was with her only one week.... not sure though....

And something I thought was funny... Russo claimed she carried Claire out of the jungle on her back -- how do you carry a woman who's 8-9 months pregnant on your back??? :lol: Just curious...

I didn't think the episode was all that great ... I know we finally got to see what really happened to Claire and the baby ... and Ethan, who would have thought he was this "caring" doctor ... which brings me back to the day Charlie killed him ... what if he wasn't killed? would somethings have come out of it ... would he betray his friends??? great question we would never know the answer ... but it was great to see the connection and finally settle the score around the Claire disappearance ... and then Alex comes in, and we are stuck with a new dilemma ... would the others hurt her, if they found out she helped Claire??? did they do something toher?

more questions ... and less answers ...

Amazing episode! I love how old questions are answered but then we get new, even more interesting questions to think about!

Gale is messing with their heads. It was actually weird to see how important it is for Locke that people think him as a leader. He's the one who pushed Jack to accept the situation and start leading the group in season 1 but now he obviously wants to be a leader. Is it because Locke thinks that Jack isn't actually fit to be a leader and that he would do a better job?

I was thinking about Alex and I have the impression that the Others took her when she was just a baby. Perhaps Alex was the first baby they took (I think it's safe to assume that there's not a lot of babies running around) and the brainwashing failed and she isn't an Other?

Hee, hee, rileylovesalias, answering me with a spoiler does no good because I avoid spoilers. :lol: Whichever way they do it will be interesting, but if Libby's not an Other, I wonder what she's hiding?

You might think Locke would be more with it, but his dad pushed his buttons with the greatest of ease, didn't he? Locke's got this "destiny" thing going, and that can be scary.

As to Alex, yes, she was supposedly taken when she was a baby, very young. No doubt Ethan was supposed to wait until the baby was born and snatch him.

Obviously, they had Claire on some sort of "happy juice" to convince her that they were OK & that the baby was going to be fine & dandy with them. (What a turnaround from the forced march!) Interesting that Alex wasn't in lockstep with them. ;) Does this mean there's hope for Walt?
✌️

I didn't think the episode was all that great ... I know we finally got to see what really happened to Claire and the baby ... and Ethan, who would have thought he was this "caring" doctor ... which brings me back to the day Charlie killed him ... what if he wasn't killed? would somethings have come out of it ... would he betray his friends??? great question we would never know the answer ... but it was great to see the connection and finally settle the score around the Claire disappearance ... and then Alex comes in, and we are stuck with a new dilemma ... would the others hurt her, if they found out she helped Claire??? did they do something toher?

more questions ... and less answers ...
I think I can possibly give you some answers, at least some maybe's. ;) I don't think Ethan would've betrayed the "Others". Yes, he was being nice to Claire, making her think he's doing things in her best interest, but that was only to put her medicated mind at ease. The plan was to cut the child out of her and then leave her for dead, or in the girl's words, "kill her". And if it wouldn't have been for Alex (or at least who most of us assume is Alex) and Danielle, she most likely would be dead. Also, I'm pretty sure that if the "Others" found out that "Alex" aided Claire in her escape, they wouldn't throw a parade in her honor. But I'm sure we'll see more of her later. Remember, these people seem to go to whatever means they can to get what they want. Ethan hung Charlie from a tree and left him to die, Ethan killed one of the background 815ers and threatened to kill more if Claire wasn't returned to him, Goodwin killed Josh Randall's character (can't remember his name) and Sawyer was shot (twice) while trying to protect both Waaaaaaaalt and Kate among other examples. Now maybe in some way the "Others" believe they're doing the right thing, but that hasn't even been approached yet, so we're left to believe that they are bad individuals. I hope that as the season moves toward May, you're able to enjoy it more. (y)

If there's a question, "Are the Others actually good?" Well, they certainly don't mind killing people to get what they want. Do they/do they think they have a noble goal? Maybe, maybe not. Their methods, given what little we know (mind games, abductions, gunshot wounds, threats, hangings), are decidedly questionable. If the ends justify the means, that must be one hell of an end. ;)
✌️

Back