Season 4 Maybe Irina's not dead

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Irina suppose to have been buried in Moscow? Then why would the Russians be looking for her?

It wouldn't be the first death that had been faked on the show. (buy why?)

I kinda agree b/c when Jack and Sloane were talking sounded like some major secrets were being held, but then again didnt the actress say she was doing it anymore.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Irena suppose to have been burried in Moscow? Then why would the Russians be looking for her?

Good point. When Syd and Nadia went there her grave had her name on it for everyone to see. And the bad guy that was ordered to kill Syd(I don't believe Irina put the hit out on Syd) knew Irina was dead. What gives?

Color-Blind said:
I thought they were looking for Irina's sister Elena Derevko aka the Sentinel?
[post="1186119"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes I heard Jack and Sloan talking about the Russians looking for Elena Derevko. It also seems strange to me that the micro-dot in the book only contained one name and nothing else. Seems to me that there should be more to it.

But the guy asking for the book, the Russian, was asking about Irena. If Irena is buried in Moscow in what seemed a like a public area - her name on the crypt and all - why would he be asking about her?

The other thing being how could Irena be dead if she figures so heavely in the Rambaldi stuff. - They maybe faking her death until they can get Lena Olin to come back or someone else capable of playing her. (they do that in the soap operas all the time)

well i don't know how to explain that. maybe these guys don't read the obituaries... lol... i dunno. but it is an interesting question.

however, i'm quite sure that the guy was looking for Elena Derevko. that's what he wanted to books for. but he did ask about Irina. hmm...
does cause one to wonder.
maybe he was trynna test jack to see if jack knew she was dead.
not sure why though.
very interesting. i wonder if there was a reason for it or if it was an error. or maybe it will just be passed off as these russians not yet knowing that Irina is dead. guess we'll have to wait and see

I don't think it was an error ... Alexi was telling Jack that Irina was a hard person to get, to which Jack answered ... not actually telling him that she was "dead" ... which may put us to think that Jack is actually hiding the truth ... because if Irina's former Chief is asking for her, than it would be wise to tell him that she is dead ... IMO ...

Furthermore, the word "Sentinel" was send to Irina ... should she know who he/she was? was she suppose to kill him/her? and since the Russians are looking for Elena, what does this have to do with "Sentinel"? Is Elena "Sentinel"? or does she know where to find him/her?

As said, before ... we'll just have to wait and see ;)

Yeah, I dunno why everyone is freaking out about Irina. She's dead. They didn't mention her AT ALL when they were talking about Sentinel. Jack specifically said that dealing with "Sentinel", it seems like the Russians are after ELENA Derevko and that they have to move up their time schedule.

Not Irina. Elena.

boyscout4747 said:
Yeah, I dunno why everyone is freaking out about Irina.  She's dead.  They didn't mention her AT ALL when they were talking about Sentinel.  Jack specifically said that dealing with "Sentinel", it seems like the Russians are after ELENA Derevko and that they have to move up their time schedule. 

Not Irina.  Elena.
[post="1187971"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

When Jack went to see Alexi to get info about Liberty Village, Alexi asked Jack if he had heard from Irena lately. They did talk about Irena. If Jack is asking Alexi for information - you would think that if Irena was dead, he would know about it and how it happened. Otherwise, why would he ask Jack about her, unless it was to guage his (Jack's) expression to figure out if he knew she was dead.

I think he was gauging

~ whether he knew she was dead
~ whether he might know something about it
~ whether he might have something to do with it
;)

The whole thing doesn't smell right to me. I would think with Irena's name on that Ramabaldi box that she would be more involved. I just don't think she's dead. I guess when they faked Sloan's death last season is why I am thinking this.

The other thing that seems wrong is that Jack told Sydney that her Mom wanted her dead. Why? It would have to be something real real big for Irena to want to kill her daughter.

The whole thing has me very curious.
<_< <_<

I don't think we know enough about the whole...Irina wanting Sydney dead thing/Jack killing Irina situation yet. I'm not really sure if I think Irina is dead or not but I do think there is more to this story as usual when it comes to Alias right? lol

ConcreteGirl said:
The other thing that seems wrong is that Jack told Sydney that her Mom wanted her dead.  Why?  It would have to be something real real big for Irena to want to kill her daughter.
[post="1188866"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Actually, it was Tamazaki who scooped that story. I don't think that Jack would have divulge that sort of hurtful fact willingly. ;)

verdantheart said:
Actually, it was Tamazaki who scooped that story. I don't think that Jack would have divulge that sort of hurtful fact willingly. ;)
[post="1190005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know that he was the one who told her that Irena put a hit on her, but I don't remember him telling her why. (I don't think he would have known.) Then after Sydney talked to Jack about it, I don't remember him telling her that it wasn't true.

What doesn't make sense to me is WHY would Irena want to kill her daughter?

ConcreteGirl said:
Then after Sydney talked to Jack about it, I don't remember him telling her that it wasn't true.

What doesn't make sense to me is WHY would Irena want to kill her daughter?
[post="1190028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Jack confirmed it and said that he didn't know the reason for the hit. Of course, the "why" is an open question. ;) Would it be fun if they told us right away? :D

I personally don't believe Irina could put a hit on Sydney and is dead, but I agree that we don't even know half the truth. Jack has the habit of telling half-truths and this story definitely has more to it.

Of course another thing I find suspicious is why Jack 'killed' Irina before finding out why she had a hit on Sydney and more importantly who was the person who was gonna carry out that order. That's not something Jack Bristow would disregard, especially regarding its importance.

Guess we will find out soon enough!

Yes I heard Jack and Sloan talking about the Russians looking for Elena Derevko.

The synopsis at abc.com says that Jack said to Sloane that the Russians are looking for Irina Derevko, not Elena. Now I thought they said Elena, but ABC said it was Irina. I am going to have to go with the latter.

Driu said:
yendySwotsirB said:
Yes I heard Jack and Sloan talking about the Russians looking for Elena Derevko.

The synopsis at abc.com says that Jack said to Sloane that the Russians are looking for Irina Derevko, not Elena. Now I thought they said Elena, but ABC said it was Irina. I am going to have to go with the latter.
[post="1192605"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
ABC's official site has been known to get it wrong (they can't even get spellings right). It's what happens on-screen that matters, not what is written off-screen, "official" site or not. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they misheard something and got something wrong. :rolleyes:

I read this post on another thread that doing season two was too strenuous a schedule on Lena and she didn't get to spend enough time with her family. And also that things were misrepresented somehow with her manager and she has since fired him. But she also said that she would come back to do a two part episode if JJ wants her to. How cool would that be for the end of this year? Which could mean that she is not really dead right now.

:hide:
:groupwave:
:clap:

spydancer said:
I read this post on another thread that doing season two was too strenuous a schedule on Lena and she didn't get to spend enough time with her family.   And also that things were misrepresented somehow with her manager and she has since fired him.  But she also said that she would come back to do a two part episode if JJ wants her to.  How cool would that be for the end of this year?  Which could mean that she is not really dead right now. 

:hide:
:groupwave: 
:clap:
[post="1197371"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Lena also said in the same article that she wishes that JJ killed Irina off. So any return is likely going to be flashbacks showing how she she came to put a contract on Sydney and how Irina died.

Both the spoken dialogue and the Closed Captioning said that the Russians were looking for Elena.

Back