Season 2 Maybe Vaughn really is married

< O >

Cadet
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> I have seen a lot of rationalizing on this and other forums regarding Vaughn’s apparent marriage in “The Telling” along with countless threats from viewers who will stop watching the show if Syd and Vaughn don’t get back together. Are you honestly telling me that you think breaking them up would ruin the show MORE than the use of some lame dream or premonition ending? As for the use of a time machine, I find that explanation almost as upsetting as the dream theory. I honestly never watched ‘Felicity’ so I’m hardly an expert in the area of JJ and time machines, but a similar device was used in that show and I understand it to have hurt the show almost as much as Kerri Russell cutting her hair off.
Finally, with respect to those posters who claim that Vaughn would never get over Sydney and end up with another girl in two years, remind me: how long ago did Danny die?</span>

One more thing, did anyone else notice that they made specific mention of Will and Syd's drunken kiss (see my avatar) at the begining of "Second Double" and how close they are throughout the rest of the show? After he had been cleared, Will even told her he loved her. Since "Truth Be Told" Will has clearly liked Syd and been at least slightly jealous of Danny and Vaughn both. Maybe the writers will use Vaughn being out of the picture to get her together with Will.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! For all of you Vaughn lover's out there....suck it up and watch the show for what it really is...RAMBALDI!!!!!

Very good point with Danny's Death...exactly 2 years. However, my thoughts are that the show will NOT be ahead by 2 years, it might be for a show, or a half of one, but i think they'll use the Rambaldi device (you know its a time machine because of the clock captured .. it was one of the BIGGEST rambaldi finds, remember?) to go back in time, to her time either shortly after being unconscious, or before her fight with francie. Either way, my opinion is that Sydney will be with Vaughn, and in the end, time will not skip 2 years

Yea but Vaughn and Syd were just dating after knowing eachother for 2 years. Vaughn got married after 2 years...
Not exactly the same.

well...i htought it was weird that sloane said to jack at the restaurant bout rambaldi and the future adn time stuff....maybe they are in the future..iono...but how can he do that to her!?!?!getting married!?!?!?thats a stab in the back dude!!! i hate vaughn!!! i hate u!!

Bballsoccer13 said:
However, my thoughts are that the show will NOT be ahead by 2 years, it might be for a show, or a half of one, but i think they'll use the Rambaldi device (you know its a time machine because of the clock captured .. it was one of the BIGGEST rambaldi finds, remember?) to go back in time, to her time either shortly after being unconscious, or before her fight with francie.
Oh, yeah. I completely forgot about the clock. That's a very good point! I realy think that the whole leap into the future has something to do with "the telling." And while it's possible that Vaughn is married to someone else, there are a million other explanations for the ring. Just check these forums! ^_^

Vaughn_Lovah said:
Yea but Vaughn and Syd were just dating after knowing eachother for 2 years. Vaughn got married after 2 years...
Not exactly the same.
exactly, vaughn lovah.

1. sydney and vaughn are nowhere near engagement the way sydney and danny were.

2. sydney went MISSING while danny was quite clearly dead. there was no closure for vaughn.

3. unless the woman is alice (which i still doubt), two years is just too little a time to meet, get to know, and marry a person all the while grieving for a loved one.

i'm not threatening to stop watching the show if it turns out to be true. it would take a lot more for me to quit alias (one more shirtless sloane scene and i'm outta here! just kidding :P). and i agree with you, <0> (do you have a name? i feel weird referring to you as that), having it be a dream or time machine would just not work. although i don't think the "premonition" theory is totally off. i mean, it's a bit close to kalan's theory (but not exactly) which i wholeheartedly agree with so i'll just let that one go. ;)

i am beginning to think that just maybe vaughn is possibly married because (sorry, im posting this here too)
ok, this is my new idea: maybe jj is trying to bring back the "love triangle" from season 1. with francie gone, and vaughn married or engaged, syd might turn back to will, so will and syd will get together, but maybe she and vaughn will be destined for each other or whatever, and maybe syd won't really love will, and there will be lots of tension, etc, it would be very interesting

oh hush ;)
He isnt married and I never threatened to stop watching the show. And thank god they quit with the shirtless Sloanes....I can close to boycotting ;)

Shirtless Sloane.....

(Shudders in corner)

Thanks for the visual.....! :P

Maybe he is...Maybe he isn't.... Its hard to say since we're 144 days until Season 3....

Back