Meant to Be

LaurenRachael

Mommy, can I please have a snow plough?
Hey everyone! This is my first fan fiction.. so be nice! If you could please post any suggestions you have, that would be great! I'm not very happy with the first chapter, but here goes nothing!

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Meant to Be</span>

Author: Me, Lauren.
Disclaimer: All of the characters are owned by JJ Abrams, Bad Robot, etc.

Chapter 1

Syd POV

Since that day when the CIA brought down SD-6, everything changed in my life. I could stop running from my feelings for the man I love, Michael Vaughn. That was one of the happiest days of my life. Every time I was around him, I felt like I was safe, and that I could trust him with my life, which I did. It broke my heart that if I was seen in public with Vaughn, before the Alliance was gone, we both would have been killed. That had changed since then.

We were lying down on the couch, my head on Vaughn’s chest with the TV on, but I barely noticed. She smelled Vaughn’s scent that he always had that made her feel good and at home.

NO POV

“Hey, do you remember when I first met you? When I walked into your office with that ridiculous red wig on?”

”Do I remember?! Of course I do!” He laughed at the memory of Sydney in that bogus red wig on.

“Well, I have always been wondering what made you love me even after that..”

Vaughn had never told her about his fathers watch. He decided now would be a good time to tell her. “When my father was alive..” Vaughn began, “he gave me his watch, and told me I could set my heart by it.” Sydney comforted him by rubbing his arm, because she saw that it hurt Vaughn to talk about her father like he was, and silently telling him he didn’t have to go on, but he did. “On October first, the watch stopped. October first was the day we met.” Vaughn looked up from his feet to meet Sydney’s eyes. Tears were welling up in her eyes. He held her tight, making sure he would never forget this moment.

‘A month ago, we would have been killed if we were seen like this,’ she thought as she let out a long sigh.

“Are you alright now?” Vaughn asked me, in a concerned voice.

“Yeah. I’m just taking in everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks.”

“Me too. It is just weird to think that if we were seen together a few weeks ago, we wouldn’t be here now.”

*FLASH BACK*

“Weiss, tell Kendall that I’m going home.” Sydney said as she left what used to be the SD-6 building. ‘damn, I don’t have a car’ she thought while dodging a fallen light. ‘.. I guess I’m going to have to take a taxi..’

Meanwhile, Vaughn was back inside the building. “Weiss, tell Kendall I’m not going to stay”

“I’ve heard that one before” Weiss mumbled to himself.

Vaughn ran out of the building, not knowing where Sydney was. He had spotted her calling for a taxi. ‘I hope I’m not too late’ he thought and ran up to her.

Vaughn He was nervous about what her reaction might be to what he was about to say, but deep down he knew that she also had feelings for him. He ran after Syd and caught up to her just as she was entering the taxi. He put his hand on her shoulder and she turned around to face him. Vaughn tried to say something but no words came out. Finally, he looked into her eyes and stuttered, “I… I love you, Sydney.” Sydney just stood there looking at him. ‘Way to go Vaughn! You just screwed up your relationship with Sydney!’ he thought as he said “I shouldn’t have—“

'Did Vaughn just say he.. loved me?!' No words could explain how she felt. “I love you too,” she cut him off. It took her a few seconds to process what had just happened. Tears welled up in Sydney’s eyes, and soon they were rolling down her cheeks freely and Vaughn wiped them away with his thumb. He hugged her, which soon turned into a passionate kiss. By then, the Taxi had already left, but they didn’t care.

*END FLASH BACK*

“You know you have a way of knowing exactly what I think,” she said as she hugged him tightly and looked into his emerald green eyes.

“Oh really?”

“Mmhmm..” she gave him one of her smiles that made him weak in the knees.

Syd unconsciously started making doodles on Vaughn’s shirt with her finger. Vaughn was taking in how beautiful she was while playing with her hair. ‘She is so beautiful, and she’s mine!’ Vaughn thought.

“Hey.. do you want to go out tomorrow night?” he asked, already knowing the answer.

“Yeah! Sure!” she told him, leaning in to give him a quick kiss.

They continued talking about nothing and everything. It had finally sunk in that they could actually date each other, and go out in public together. Both Sydney and Vaughn were happier than words could ever explain. They both fell asleep on the couch together for the first time, but definitely not the last.

For the first time in years, Sydney slept soundly and peacefully knowing that her life was going to change, a lot, but for the better. She felt safe for the first time in her life and she knew immediately that this was the best thing that happened to her since her mother died.

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

:2love: awwww luv it!!!
the good ol' times... *sighs*
could I get a PM when you update :Please:
and sry i have to write a paper for tomorrow, i'll quote later ;)

Scialet :joker:

LaurenRachael said:
Thanks!! I'm still afraid to show my face here, lol. Youre added to my PM list!
[post="1099971"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:smooch: and don't be afraid be don't bite here ;)

Do you see how much i love you Lauren? I signed up for this weird websitey thing just so i could tell you that your fanfic is good!to everyone else who reads this:Lauren thinks her fanfic is rly bad. thats what she keeps telling me, so tell her how good it is b/c it is actually good! :D

Yeah IT IS REALLY GOOD! i told ya :hug:
don't be too hard on yourself :nonono: and listen to what ppl say :P

Scialet :flowers:

Alright. You guys win. I can't help but be hard on myself *hits head on desk* haha. Thanks you guys :hug:

Vaughnlover15, You're added to my list. Thanks!

Lauren :woot:

LaurenRachael said:
Alright. You guys win. I can't help but be hard on myself *hits head on desk* haha. Thanks you guys :hug:

Vaughnlover15, You're added to my list. Thanks!
Lauren :woot:
[post="1100498"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ur welcome! :D

Blah. :P
Tomorrow the second chapter will be up and I sorta like that one :smiley:

Homework time, Ms. Drill Seargant. You won *sigh*

Back