Politics meditation

Hey! I was just looking up meditational techniques online today, but I coudn't really find anything much. I'm sick of the standard way of meditation (sitting cross-legged with arms on knees). Does anyone have any other techniques they'd like to share????

Thanks,
Shari :P :D :lol: ^_^ ;)

well, what i do, is just lay on my bed. I sort of pretend my body and the bed have become one with eachother. then i imagine that i am a flowing river, and i start from my head down, as the river just kinda washes away all my troubles and everything. it's very relaxing!

well this isn't a technique...... but anyways last night I tripped over the air while I was running through my house. I fell flat on my stomach and landed with one cheek against the cold floor. I have no clue why, but I lay there for 5 minutes then rolled over onto my back and stared at my spiral-like celling. It was very relaxing.

So I suggest just yea stare at your celling. It might sound odd, but it's really not. I relaxed almost every muscle that I could in my body and just drifted out into never never land.

I try to meditate sometimes... I used to do it a lot... but I have an intensely hard time clearing my mind. My thoughts are constantly racing, I can't do anything about it.

But in the rare occassions that I can, I sit cross legged and close my eyes and concentrate on breathing. If I lie down, I will go to sleep. :lol:

~*~Tinker Belle~*~ said:
Sarah said:
I just lie on my bed.
i tried to do that. But it got boring, as did sitting.
I lie on my bed when I'm bored if I don't feel like doing anything. So for me it doesn't cause boredness, it's because of boredness. :lol: It's really relaxing.

i find that soft music is good, not soft as in the volume is turned down, soft as in mellow. having no distractions is a plus and i like to read the Bible and reflect on how that applies to my life, cuz the Bible is the living word. anyone can do it and feel that they can connect with it, that's a reason why it's so great!

Betha Bristow said:
well this isn't a technique...... but anyways last night I tripped over the air while I was running through my house. I fell flat on my stomach and landed with one cheek against the cold floor. I have no clue why, but I lay there for 5 minutes then rolled over onto my back and stared at my spiral-like celling. It was very relaxing.

So I suggest just yea stare at your celling. It might sound odd, but it's really not. I relaxed almost every muscle that I could in my body and just drifted out into never never land.
thats kinda what i do too.

I read this a long time ago, and it does help.

When you meditate, try closing your eyes and concentrating on your breathing. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Imagine that the breath you breathe out is like gold dust or something and as you keep breathing, it forms around you, so essentially, you're in a bubble. It especially helps when you're mad.

I didn't explain it well, sorry... but it is a cool thing... :lol:

Hmm, that does sound like an interesting technique, Existentialist. Maybe I'll try it sometime. My thoughts always clog everything up. Sometimes I wish I could just turn it all off for a while. I try to stop thinking, but then, I am thinking about not thinking! And the cycle continues.

This isn't quite the same but if I'm really angry and need to cool down I either blast music or go for a walk ^_^ very helpful to relieve stress and anger, so I don't accidently kill someone :innnocent:

We meditate before religion class in my school (hey, excuse to sleep, fine by me.)

So, I either lay down or sit up, cross-legged, depending on if im tired or not.

My friend Anna calls my little rutine (sp?) the big bang. Basically, i take all the sh*tty stuff that happened to me that day, and take all the pain and the anger and the hurt and wad it up into this little ball and then count to three. and then... KABOOM. Out goes the badness.

But, the thing with meditation, its whole basis kind of takes you away from reality. And if you let the reality slip away, what's left?

aliaschick4mv said:
We meditate before religion class in my school (hey, excuse to sleep, fine by me.)

So, I either lay down or sit up, cross-legged, depending on if im tired or not.

My friend Anna calls my little rutine (sp?) the big bang. Basically, i take all the sh*tty stuff that happened to me that day, and take all the pain and the anger and the hurt and wad it up into this little ball and then count to three. and then... KABOOM. Out goes the badness.

But, the thing with meditation, its whole basis kind of takes you away from reality. And if you let the reality slip away, what's left?
yeah, i agree. i kinda do the same thing. i lived in a fantasy world for like 2 whole weeks, and then boom, i was back to the reality of pain, and agony, and all the bad in the world. so i'm not quite sure how to let only some of the bad things go, because what would the world be like if it was perfect? i don't think i would like it. :thinking:

Back