Meet your Simu!

Actually, if you've seen any of the history channel shows on the breakfast industry, cornflakes weren't exactly that simple. Some truly impressive amounts of science and experimentation went into the production of this seemingly simple breakfast food.

Well, corn flakes were originally created by accident, right? Maybe the development of corn flakes production practices after their initial invention had more to it, but I'm just saying that a basic form of corn flakes could very likely be produced with the kind of "technology" (in the form of Gear) that Elanthia has.

I mean, if you really want to go into the semantics of it, we can just say that they use magic to make corn flakes, since anything that can be achieved by mechanical and chemical means through technology can really also happen via magic in most fantasy settings.

It's just that corn flakes aren't really something that would be annachronistic in Elanthia, and thus why the quote could have actually been from the game.

~Dune~

Indeed, quite true. And also, I think it was puffs/crispies that were the accident at first... I think. The history of breakfast cereals is long and convoluted... anywho!
*swerves back into the middle of the proper lane and hopes no one noticed how far over the rumble strip the thread went*

I try to bother all of the HH GMs in Heroblade, whenever I can! Especially Pinn :D

Honestly, he pops up when you least expect him. >.> <.<

I was also a poster here before I was a member of the HJ team. In fact, I was just about ready to let myself remain looking like a regular poster and never be revealed as an HJ person because I didn't think it mattered all that much. I still lurk around other places not showing as an HJ GM, and still not breaking the NDA. In the end, we're people wanting the game we love to come out as well and it's actually hard to talk as one of those people when you stand out.

So basically, he's just like YOU Pin? *thinks of all the times he's just minding his own business when he gets biten on IM*

I had a question.

Do you GMs sometimes just play the game when you're stumped for ideas? Do you just get together and "test" game features? Some days at work I'm just not feeling it. I don't have that usual spark of inspiration. So I mess around with systems, play with programs, generally goof around.

Is there any goofing in HJ as a game? or is it all business?

When I'm stumped for ideas when working on a particular area in a level, I like to explore the rest of the level. I might see something that somebody built that looks really cool and might try to implement that concept on the area I'm working on.
If I'm going to mess around with the world building tools, I do it in my own test area (don't want to break any of HJ itself you know ^_^)
I would consider the occasional off topic conversations to be goofing around but then big brother/sister steps in and cracks the whip ^_^

oh yeah, my favorite color is Green

LOL They won't let you off-topic chat in game-creation? That's pretty funny.

When you build the worlds, do you place the mobs and stuff too? or is world building and mob placing two different people?

I was joking about the whip cracking....That's one of the things that make the weekly meetings so interesting. The off topic discussions that seep into the serious stuff.
I personally don't place mobs....I wanna say thats under a different GM group though.

Back