Melissa George not back for season 4!

ALIASX

Cadet
[/QUOTE]
TV Guide Online: Many fans were thrilled when Vaughn (Michael Vartan) shot his wicked wife Lauren (Melissa George) in last May's finale. Is she really dead?
J.J. Abrams: Melissa is not coming back at the moment. I know some fans were frustrated, but I'm ultimately proud of last year. I'm being optimistic here, but I think Season 3 will actually improve, in retrospect, because we'll see where it went. The stories we're telling now use the best of last year to build the foundation of what happens now.

sorry I got this from ComingSoon.net - New Movies, Movie Trailers, TV, Streaming, Anime & Video Game News

[merged double post ~ V]

I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched.... This is Alias people -- Is anybody ever "really dead".... :lol:

Well, I kind of have a feeling that JJ will really keep Lauren dead, seeing as how he's used the "not quite killed" card several times already, and he knows that using it again would cause fans to be skeptical. Also, judging on the overall fan reaction to Lauren, he'll probably want to have Lauren out of the picture for good. The only way I see her ever coming back would be in flashbacks - possibly explaining how she got involved with the Covenant in the first place, her recieving her mission to "marry" Vaughn, ect.

i like lauren reed. she was fun to hate. one of the most fun. i want her back for a few eps at least. she was a great nemesis for sydney too. i'm not so happy she's back.

callsignfreelancer said:
i like lauren reed. she was fun to hate. one of the most fun. i want her back for a few eps at least. she was a great nemesis for sydney too.
[post="1099273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know! i really think that she will come back though when we least expect it! i really like Melissa George too. She seems like a really nice person.

yeah the best thing about her was we got someone to hate... a few eppies would be cool. there usually isn't anyone we really really hate on alias. i mean there is sloane... but we don't necessarily hate him with passion :smiley: hehe. but with lauren, its like "AHH KILL HER!!"

I'd be dissapointed if she didn't come back. There were alot of loose ends with her character and Melissa George does seem like a nice person. If you listen to the audio commentary of Consious, her and Jennifer Garner just get along so well.

MargoSark said:
There were alot of loose ends with her character and Melissa George does seem like a nice person.
[post="1119722"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The actress being a nice person is not a reason to bring a character back. I wish her well--in other projects. I'm confident that any loose ends surrounding Lauren can be wrapped up postmortem. The viewpoint was expressed by the writers that they felt that Sydney and Vaughn came to a natural point of closure with Lauren in "Resurrection" and I tend to agree with that assessment . . . anything further is really just bookkeeping, not the meat of the series.

verdantheart said:
The actress being a nice person is not a reason to bring a character back. I wish her well--in other projects. I'm confident that any loose ends surrounding Lauren can be wrapped up postmortem. The viewpoint was expressed by the writers that they felt that Sydney and Vaughn came to a natural point of closure with Lauren in "Resurrection" and I tend to agree with that assessment . . . anything further is really just bookkeeping, not  the meat of the series.
[post="1121108"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Agreed. Even though I didn't mind Lauren personally, I think she served her purpose. I have always maintained that if she was brought back in a way that didn't seem forced or obvious, fair enough. But really, for what other purpose is there for her to come back, in any capacity?

I doubt Melissa will be coming back.

She has just done two movies. The Amityville Horror and Derailed with Jennifer Aniston.

So with all the publicity and all for both movies.

She may not have time to do Alias.

However who knows it Alias after all.

As Justin Theorux said "Unless they check your pulse your not dead"

:smiley: ;)

I very much doubt Melissa would come back. I think the character has been and done what was required, and now its time to move on. Bringing her back would just be a step backwards in my opinion, especially since this is meant to be the "rebuilding of Sydney and Vaughns relationship" season. I dont mid that she cmes back for say, an episode to tie up some loose ends, but after that i want her gone baby! Gone!

Kelly V said:
since this is meant to be the "rebuilding of Sydney and Vaughns relationship" season.
[post="1123032"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Sounds good, but I hope there's more to it than that! :rolleyes:

Back