Mellissa George, WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Melissa George, and I don't like the character of Lauren Reed. And I am smart enough to realize that one is fictional and one is a real life actual person. I have never met MG, nor do I ever want to frankly. I base my opinion on her solely on what she has put out in the general public about herself via her own remarks and words, however misguided they are. She was the thorn in the side of Alias for the whole of season three, in my opinion. Her acting was hardly worthy of the most poorly written soap opera, let alone an Emmy-winning prime time drama. The fact that Melissa George was a miserable failure as the character is not even something that is open for debate. The proof is in the pudding, as the popular saying goes. While she was not the single reason for the mess that was season three, she was the most obvious.

Lauren Reed was the worst thing ever to happen to the Alias universe. You could smell the contrived, desperate quality of the character from miles away. The introduction and incorporation of that character into my beloved show was painful to watch. Melissa George's migraine method acting never made it any easier. So let me repeat: I know the difference between fiction and reality. I will always be baffled by whomever thought that Lauren Reed was worth a second thought as a possible plotline, and I will also be baffled as to whomever thought that Melissa George was worth as second thought as someone who had the talent to cast in such a role. I will also always be baffled by the many, many interviews in which Ms. George has come off like she is talking down to the audience of Alias.

And honestly, Henry, I fail to see how Jinnie's signature has any relevance to this thread.

henweb said:
But Jinnie Dear, you have always maintained that you thought she was lovely when you met her, it's only since that you have developed your (IMHO) irrational dislike for her, so you can't really use "I have met her" as a backup for your dislike can you??

;)

Actually, I was simply pointing out a fact which went against a previous post. I did indeed find her very pleasant when we met, and will always state so. But meeting her doesn't automatically equal undying worship, as was implied. Especially when she continually stumbles in interviews.

That was the reason my fanship with her died, and part of the reason why my dislike of her is so strong. Being a fan of someone is sort of like making a new friend, you want to know everything you can about them. (And as my Chevys at SD-1 can attest, I still retain all that info on her I learned so long ago, and not for a job but by choice). And being, of sorts, betrayed for that fanship by a woman that is in reality no one to look up to, IMHO, judging by her constant displays of ego in countless interviews around the globe, simply magnified my aggravation with her.

Words such as "irrational" could be construed as flaming since everyone's opinions differ (or the world would be a very boring place), and I believe you've been warned once before for flaming a staff member of AllAlias.com. But it's ridiculously early in the morning here, so I'll assume that was an accidental slip. Happy (American) Labor Day!

henweb said:
tooboo said:
What a self-inflated ego. Plus if she thinks she has a six pack, she's seriously deluding herself.
How the heck can you possibly say that??? Have you seen the woman's stomache uncovered to back that up - and if you point to the eps where she was with her undies, that doesn't count as she wasn't doing anything active, and it's perfectly possible to have a great six pack that doesn't show when you're relaxed.

Have you? :angelic:

Standing up straight, which she was doing, should be construed as active since the human body naturally wants to slouch. And yet... no six pack! I should know, I watched those only 40 times or so. (I wish watching S3 that many times on no one, including Kedwards! Shudder.)

henweb said:
Oh, and Jinnie, you do realise don't you that your little "Help me raise $200 in 2 weeks, and get nifty stuff in the process! PM me for info!" scheme is basically copyright theft and piracy - and in the words of your friend Dubbya, piracy supports terrorism.
[post="989951"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Friends? If only. I would be honored to shake the President's hand. Unfortunately, the only person I ever really met was Gore when he did a speech next door to where I was playing in an instrumental ensemble in high school. :( I did see Bush pass by while protesting the war once, but it was nothing significant.

Ah, forgot that was still there. Shall go remove it, no longer needed. And I found your $40 very useful for books this semester. Tremendous thanks!

And in the end, this debate, again, is getting a bit personal, henweb. We're all fans of Alias in the end (or else we wouldn't be here), and that's what reall matters.

ETA: Oh dear. I'm not impartial here, off to snag another mod. lol

Members-
I see no reason for this topic to remain open if the entire thread is being dominated by two members having an argument that in my opinion is a private one that should not be taking place on this public board. Please refrain from making personal attacks against other members. If this continues, I will have no choice but to close this topic.

Kiki81ny
AllAlias.com Team Member

EEEEEE!!! :woot: Kiki! your'e back!!!!

AHM! On another more serious note. Quite honestly this argument is pathetic, no offense to any of you. If you dont' like Melissa, fine, no one's forcing you to like her. However, if you're going to defend Melissa by flaming other members of this board is unacceptable. Seriously, Stop it. There is really no reason to keep this thread open seeing as most of it is a big argument. Closing...

--Mandy :angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back