Melrose Place

I really miss Melrose Place. I didn't watch it when it actually aired on television, but I watched the re-runs and I fell in love...I miss it.

I think Allison & Billy was the best couple, and it's to bad Courtney Thorne-Smith left the show...

So what does everyone think about news of a new Melrose Place?

Melrose Place
is a forthcoming American Television Series for The CW Televison Network, due to premiere on September 8, 2009.

It is the fifth series in the Beverly Hills 90210 franchise, and an updated version of the hit 1990s primetime drama Melrose Place, featuring a group of young adults living in a West Hollywood apartment complex.

Smallville producers Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer are executive producers of the series.

You know I don't think I will watch it. I don't watch the new 90210 either. For me I don't really understand the need for a "new" version of either show. They were awesome the first time around...make no sense for a re-due.

To me it just seems like it's pointless. The show was good...............when it was on originally. I mean come on...can you really have another Kimberly???

To me it just seems like it's pointless. The show was good...............when it was on originally. I mean come on...can you really have another Kimberly???

I totally agree. That show had some really awesome moments and characters than can never be duplicated. As you mentioned, Kimberly is one of them. Removing her wig? Blowing up the apartment building? Having multiple personality disorder? Come on--that stuff was iconic. I wish they would leave it alone.

I totally agree. That show had some really awesome moments and characters than can never be duplicated. As you mentioned, Kimberly is one of them. Removing her wig? Blowing up the apartment building? Having multiple personality disorder? Come on--that stuff was iconic. I wish they would leave it alone.
Kimberly was awesomeness on TV ...

The new version I would be interested to see, but since here we don't get CW I won't see it ... will look forward to read what people think about it though ...

I used to love that show alot. I used to love Heather Locklear. It was an interesting show. It always sucks when certain people leave the show too.

I just watched the Premiere episode of the Melrose Place revival. It first aired on Tuesday, September 8, 2009, then repeated on Sunday, September 13, 2009.

The show features original cast members Laura Leighton as Sydney, and Thomas Callabro as Dr. Michael Mancini.
New residents of the apartment are:
Katie Cassidy as Ella Simms
Colin Egglesfield as Auggie Kirkpatrick
Stephanie Jacobsen as Lauren Yung
Jessica Lucas as Riley Richmond
Michael Rady as Jonah Miller
Shaun Sipos as David Breck
Ashlee Simpson-Wentz as Violet Foster

The early episodes will deal with a murder myserty of one of the above. Plots will revolve around the interrelationships of the apartment complex's seven residents and the theme that "no one is exactly who they seem".

http://www.nytimes.c...IDMELR_BRF.html
Where Did ‘Melrose’ Place in the Ratings?
By BENJAMIN TOFF; Compiled by DAVE ITZKOFF
Published: September 9, 2009

“America’s Got Talent” remained unbeatable in the ratings on Tuesday night, drawing an average of 11.7 million viewers, according to Nielsen’s estimates. That helped NBC place first for the night; CBS was second with a lineup that included “Big Brother” (8.1 million). In third place, Fox posted modest results with “Hell’s Kitchen” (7.6 million) and “More to Love” (4.4 million). ABC was fourth with a repeat of “Shark Tank” (3.4 million), followed by “Shaq Vs.” (3.8 million) and “Primetime” (5.7 million). CW ranked fifth, drawing just 2.6 million viewers for the second-season premiere of “90210” and 2.3 million for the debut of “Melrose Place.”

Back