Melting the Ice

Jack is just unbelievable...He has to learn to stop acting like this.

Right now I'm angry at Sydney as much as her father...That girl needs to grow up and stop being so obedient to her father...It's more than time that she acts like an adult and not a 15 year old girl who didn't respect the curfew and has to obey to her father's anger and punishment...

oh my god... :blink:
seriously.
jack... i think he's the one to grow up a little!! i mean... sydney's an adult! he's paranoid. He's going to have to let sydney go sooner or later...
and about sydney... can't she yell a little? rebel against her father or something? :rolleyes:

i know my review is pretty much the same as the others, but still. :lol:

OK now would be the perfect time for Syd to move in with Vaughn!!!!
-I still can't believe Jack....he's got some problems!!!
I'm sure Vaughn will talk to Syd and they can work something out!!!
-Can't wait to find out what's gonna happen next!!! :woot:

I don't understand why Syd didn't just leave and go live with Micheal...
I think they are ready for that....
Or she could have had Micheal give her her cheack and she could get an apartment.
Oh well I know you will fix it...

OMG. YOU ARE IN YOUR DANG TWENTIES. Get some BACK BONE.

*clears throat* 'Cuse me. Anyway...I still love this story, obviously. How could I not? But AGH. Syd drives me mad in this.....when she's around her dad.

Anyway, though, I'm definetly looking forward to the next updates to see how this all works out.

Oh COME ON... felgercarb, Jack's an ass and everything, but Syd, your an ADULT, stand up for yourself!!! Stop acting like a child and grow up stand up to your father and walk out of the house!!! Really P***** of at Syd and Jack right now... And poor Micheal is stuck in the middle :( Even though this chapter made me made, it was an awesome update!!! :smiley: (y) Can't wait for the next chapter

oh poor syd!!
that was SO mean lol, i want to know what is going to happen!! why cant syd just walk away, i mean her father is being unreasonable!
cant wait for more :D

I like this fic but can't figure out why Sydney, who is an adult w/a job and presumably able to support herself, let's Jack control her life like that. Jack treats her like a child and she just goes along with it.

since there seems to be mass confusion allow me to atempt to explain

since all her life sydney has been told by her father she can't do things, she's fearful of doing them even though she 'could' because of her age. She's afraid of her father and, before michael she had no one to turn to. As mentioned in one of the first chapters, her father controls all of her money, so she couldnt go out on her own if she wanted to. she's scared of the real world because she hasn't had a chance to experience it (being so sheltered) so she goes along with what he says. Yes sydney may not have the back bone to stick up to her father, but that's because before Michael no one told her that she could. After twenty-four years of hearing you can't its difficult to just flip a switch and suddenly be able to do something

I can fully understand Syd's situation. The reason she can't rebel is just like Janet mentioned. She's living in an abusive relationship. Her dad might not be beating her up but he is emotionally abusive. The worst part about it is the scarring might not appear for years to come. She'll probably find herself flinching when someone says something to her. And relationships like that can become addictive (it's like you are addicted to the pain they cause). I found the best thing to do is to go non-contact, which is extremely hard and makes them very pi$$ed off since they lose their whipping boy/girl. In the long run though, your health and safety is more important then their feelings.
Glad Syd has found someone worthwhile to spend her life with, and since it is a Janet fic, true love will find a way.

awwwwww :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: !!!! jack´s an idiot , i just hope that syd will go back to vaughn , soon

Nanda

For God's sake Sydney grow up! You're 24 years old. Your an adult. Do something about it! Stop being a bo-ho baby and stand up to your father!

Chris

I can't believe it! Sydney is ready to give on love just because she is told to by her father! I know she thinks what he told her was truth, but she really needs to realize they were lies, and what she would miss if she carry on obeying to her father :(
I feel bad for Vaughn who saw nothing coming, everything was good, and suddenly everything gos wrong
Just hope things will get better soon :thinking:

Back