Memories of You and Me

Ok, I got this idea while here on vacation and I just HAD to write it before I lost it, so I'm putting it here. I will warn you first that it will be VERY AU, and I mean like back it up all the way to Phase One and take a sharp left! Major reality change. Ok, for background, it's post Phase One, the POV will switch around a lot and there will be some flashbacks, so it may be a little confusing at first, but as it goes on it will get a little more confusing and make a litle more sense! So just read, respond, and enjoy!
------------------------------------

Vaughn POV

My body jolted up in bed only to hear thunder clashing outside and rain pouring down on the rooftop. I had just been once again tossed out of that horrible, dark nightmare that plagued me night after night-that crept up on my in the darkness and swallowed me up like the ocean. I was breathing heavily and I was in a cold sweat. There was a knot in my chest and a cold hard lump in my gut, a feeling that I bore everyday, but never as overwhelming as this day.

My legs felt lifeless and wouldn't move. I didn't want to get up and face reality and the world, but I had to. Life had to go on no matter how much I tried to stop it. So I wiped the saltine liquid from my brow and stood up on shaking legs that carried me to my bathroom, staggering all the while there.

I turned to face the mirror and stared at my reflection. I knew it was me, but it didn't look like me. There was no sparkle in my eyes that people had always commented on my entire life. I had a stubble of a beard on my chin and bags under my eyes. I splashed the cold water on my face and thought to myself. What has happened to me? What have I become? What do I have to live for? I knew the answers, but I turned away from the mirror, just to avoid the horrible truth.

I returned to my room and got dressed, and before I walked out the door, I walked over to my dresser and picked up two forlorn and withering roses that I had lying there for days. I carried them outside into the rain. Soon I was soaked, but that didn't seem to matter. There was traffic everywhere, but that didn't seem to matter. I just ran, as fast as I could and I ended up exactly where I was aiming for-the cemetery.

I ran up and down the rows until I ended up at the willow tree. I stood there and panted in the pouring rain as I stared down at the grave below me. I stared at the dark brown lifeless dirt and thought abut the beautiful, wonderful, and once full of life person who lay just beneath it.

I stared at the small polished rock with her name inscripted onto it. There was no other words that described her, or talked about her death, or even Rest In Peace. Just a name and a date that had been inlaid in the stone exactly four years ago-the only sign left on the face of the earth that she ever even existed.

Then I took the withering roses in my hands and dropped to my knees and tore at them and spread the petals over the grave, where they were then after smothered by the rain and my tears.

-------------------------------
So? What do you all think?

depends... is it Syd who's dead? :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:
p.s. btw. i think it's a great start :lol:

mystery_chick said:
depends... is it Syd who's dead? :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:
p.s. btw. i think it's a great start :lol:
I agree ^_^

Ive always loved your fics so PM me when there is more please :smiley:

thanks guys, there will be more either tonight or tomorrow and i will send the PM's....

i'm not telling who died for a while ....

I think it is very interesting, and that it has a great start. A bit sad, but those are the ones you pay most attention to. I hope that it's not Syd that is dead, but we will see. I think you have a great story coming ahead, and I can't wait for the rest. Please continue. Great start (y) :D

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

Ok, now for the next part....
----------------------------------

Vaughn POV

I kneeled there and cried until there were no tears left in me. I didn't cry often, not in my line of work. Too soft they say. But this was different. She was my world, my heart, my soul. And she was gone forever off the face of the earth. Maybe if she had died some other way, it would have been different and maybe I wouldn't feel the same guilty gnawing in my stomach if I could have been there.

I knew if I was there it would be me in the ground now and not her-I would have risked my life to prevent her death. I loved-still love-her that much. But it gets harder. For a long time I swore I could hear her calling out my name. I swore that I could hear her footsteps coming up the hall at work. I swore that I could feel her presence in the room.

But then after a while, you lose her voice and all those feelings and without her picture, her face fades away into my memory. As much as it hurts, it does fade. Just as my father's started to over time.

I stared at the ground thatcovered her precious, beautiful body and images and memories ran through my mind.

~Flashback~

The room was in shambles. Desks lay in pieces and iles from the floor and ceiling were crushed. The only place left that kept us from being together was just a pile of dust. It was over, we were free.

I looked across at Sydney, she was probably marveling over the debris just as I was. Then she turned and looke back at me. Our eyes met and suddenly, I knew I wasn't dreaming, I knew it was all real. And I also realized that she had the same look in her eyes as I felt so strongly in mine-want, desire.

We were walking towards each other and soon we started to run slightly. We fell right into each others arms in the middle of the remnants of SD-6. And before I knew it, her lucious lips that I had so many times admired durng meetings and every other time I saw her, were touching mine. Our tongues were fighting each other for control of one anothers mouth.

My hands were going through her soft chestnut hair and I suddenly couldn't control myself. I wanted to touch her, to feel her, to love her. She put her hands to the back of my neck and wrapped her fingers in the hairs at the nape of my neck. I found myself letting out a soft moan.

Then Weiss and others were there, but it didn't matter, we kept going. Life was perfect and nothing would keep us apart now, or so I thought.
------------------------------
any thoughts? sorry about breaking it up but my computer won't post more than four paragraphs at a time without saying that the page cannopt be displayed and taking 6 minutes to do so. sorry.

It's very sweet, and you have such a great description.(sp?) I feel so bad for vaughn, you can feel his pain. This is such an awesome update, I loved it. It's so sweet. Well, sad, but sweet. I can't wait for your next update, keep up the great writing, and thanks for the pm (y) :D

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

Back