Memories of You and Me

Now I knew I wanted to get away, so I drove and drove. I drove straight for days and days. I didn't take time to stop and sleep, I never slept anymore anyway. I didn't stop and eat, I barely ate anymore anyway. I just kept driving, kept trying to get away. Because to me, the city of angels was a city of devil and ghosts weighing heavily on me day and night, haunting my dreams and clouding my memories.

After days on the rode, I finally stopped the car. I got out and looked up at the Seattle sky. Seattle was different, it was new. I would stay there for a while. It was mid morning as I drove up to the first hotel I spotted. It wasn't very fancy, but I didn't care. Anything was better than being at home. I went up to the room, droppe down my bags and decided that I needed to stretch my legs after the long car ride.

I left the hotel and soon found a park. It seemed like a good place to be. Fresh air, green grass, people to look at that could preoccupy my trouble mind. But it was far from that.

A band was playing off in a corner of the park. And every song reminded me of her. All the people reminded me of her. Everything reminded me of her.

There were couples everywhere, old couples on benches, and young couples kissing or holding hands. Couples holding the hands of their children. And suddenly I hated them. I hated the old couple for beig alive so long, their lives not cut short like Sydney's was. I hated the young couples because they were normal. They could be together and there was no one out to kill them. And they had their whole lives together ahead of them. I hated them all. I hated the world. I hated the whole damn planet, with all it's sin, all it's pain, all its murder.

And not long after that, I hated myself. It was my fault, if I would have been there I could have saved her. But I wasn't there, and because of that, she was dead and I was alive. It wasn't fair and it wasn't just. I felt indebted to her, so much that I would kill myself. That was it-suicide. I couldn't live with this pain anymore, this guilt, these nightmares. It had to end and I knew right then and there that no matter how far I went from home it would always be the same. I knew what I had to do.

My gun was in my room at the hotel, I could just pull a trigger and it would be over, real simple. No more pain or guilt or tears. And then me and Sydney would be as close to even as possible, of course we would never be even. Her life was so much more valuable than my wn, to me anyway.

So I had the plan and I started running towards my hotel room, towards the gun, towards the end. Nothing was standing in my way, until I ran smack into a woman by the name of Natalie Rochester.

-----------------------------
alright, that's all for now. what do you all think

:blink: Natlie rochester.... future wife of vaughn?!!!! :eek: u wouldn't. you wont' do it will you? WILL YOU?!!!!!!!!!!
--Mandy :angelic:

alright, next part, this will be mostly a flashback!
--------------------------
Vaughn POV

One minute I was running off to commit suicide and then next thing I know, I'm on the ground after running right into a woman. I looked across at her and stopped, frozen while a thousand words and images flooded my mind.

~Flashback~

I rushed to headquarters where Kendall gave me all the awful details. Sydney was found by Francie, dead in her bed, covered in blood. Francie called the police and Sydney's body was picked up and taken in for examination, that's where the CIA stepped in.

They didn't have full proof but they knew it was Sloane. How? She had been shot four times in the heart and seven times in the abdomen, and the symbol of Rambaldi had been slashed onto her stomach with a knife.

I wouldn't believe it. When Kendall told me, I denied it, I called him a liar. I ran out of the building cursing him.

The funeral was the next day, and not even that in itself would convince me. We went through the service, it was brief, and then after everyone said their pesonal goodbyes, they left. Soon I was the only one left. And I still didn't believe. I hadn't seen her, it was closed casket.

And until I saw her, there was no reality to Kendall's claims. I didn't want to look in the casket for fear of it all being true, but I had to. I had to know. I slowly walked up to the casket and barely lifted the top. I peered in and caught my breath as I stared at my dearest beloved Sydney. She was pale and had no expression. I would have touched her, but I didn't get the chance because next thing I knew, I had slammed down the lid and took off running, tears stinging in my eyes and blood filling my mouth because I was biting hard on the insaide of my cheek.

It was true. Sydney was dead, there was no denying it.

~End Flashback~

mystery_chick said:
:blink: Natlie rochester.... future wife of vaughn?!!!! :eek: u wouldn't. you wont' do it will you? WILL YOU?!!!!!!!!!!
well, we'll just have to see now won't we, anything can happen...

Aliasgirl47 said:
mystery_chick said:
:eek: you wouldn't you wouldn't you wouldn't! :cuss: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You'll send be right back into De-Nile again! *cries hysterically* *dies* :blink: oh geez i can't take it anymore! you have to post more very very very very very very soon okay? :lol:

Aliasgirl47 said:
hmm, maybe i'll be a little less evil tonight and write another chapter soon, what do you think?
i think tha'ts a good idea (y)
p.s. natlie rochester being vaughn's idea, not such a good idea (n) :lol: j/k, do what ever you have to.

alright, I will start writing now since I am in the writing mood, but I think the cliffhanger I will have to leave you with will make you kill me! or maybe i'll just not cliff the next chap so i don't have a bunch of girls after me! lol!

:thinking: It´s Very Sad :confused: But syd Is Alive ?????? YES Please, She Cannot die is Impossible, Syd & Vaughn Forever

I´m going to bed, it´s very late (2:40 AM) Good Night Everybody

~ Natalia ~

mystery_chick said:
Aliasgirl47 said:
mystery_chick said:
:eek: you wouldn't you wouldn't you wouldn't! :cuss: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You'll send be right back into De-Nile again! *cries hysterically* *dies* :blink: oh geez i can't take it anymore! you have to post more very very very very very very soon okay? :lol:
who knows what i will do? anything can happen...

yes, more tonight!

Back