Merrin Dungey in WB Show "Summerland"

Scarlet Crystal

Bibbity Rabbity
(Variety) Merrin Dungey ("Alias") has been added to the cast of the WB's midseasoner "Summerland."

The Spelling TV drama revolves around a single woman (Lori Loughlin (news)) in Southern California who suddenly inherits three kids when her sister and brother-in-law are killed; she decides to raise the kids with the help of her friends. Spelling, Remi Aubuchon, Stephen Tolkin, E. Duke Vincent and Brad Isaacs will exec produce.

Dungey, best known for her dual roles on "Alias" as Francie and Allison, has also recently been recurring on "King of Queens."

from Alias Media

I wouldn't be surprised if she still found a way to do an episode or two here and there guest starring on Alias still. I don't think Evil Francie is dead, but that's just me.

Congrats to Merrin! It's well deserved. Although I wish they had never killed Francie (the good one) off to begin with. But oh well, it's good to see that she's finding success outside of Alias.

I was watching "The King of Queens" Wednesday night on CBS and Merrin Dungey was reprising her role as Kelly ex-wife of Deacon. It was so good to see her again on TV. I really miss her as Syd's best friend.

G'dai, mite! Yeah, right, I'm Australian. You can tell? Not! I'm just here in good ol' sunny southern Cal watching the Australian Open. LOVE tennis!

ANYway, I'm only chiming in because I haven't been to the allalias site in a loooooooong time, and was happy to see a dialogue about Merrin, as recently as a few days ago!

Take care!

Just a RegularGirl

Back