Merrin Replaced on Grey's Anatomy spin-off Private Practice

That totally sucks! I was so looking forward to seeing Merrin every week on TV again...there was nothing wrong with Kate and Merrins chemistry, I belived they were old friends :cry:

That totally sucks! I was so looking forward to seeing Merrin every week on TV again...there was nothing wrong with Kate and Merrins chemistry, I belived they were old friends :cry:
I kind of have to agree with the report, as much as I liked Merrin on Alias, she was the one character on the Grey's spinoff episode that didn't really gel or connect for me with the rest of the cast. :thinking: She almost seemed as if she was forcing something.

Merrin did come off strong in that episode, but she was trying to sell her character. I don't actually think she would of came off that strong all the time. I think it stinks that they got rid of her, couldn't they have did a screening before she actually aired on tv, before they booted her off the show?

Merrin did come off strong in that episode, but she was trying to sell her character. I don't actually think she would of came off that strong all the time. I think it stinks that they got rid of her, couldn't they have did a screening before she actually aired on tv, before they booted her off the show?
I don't think it is all that uncommon for them to do something like this -- when pilots are shot, screened and they get a 'read' from potential vieweres they make adjustments and changes accordingly. In this case, they had a few months lead time to make changes when the 2 hour special aired until the actual pilot.

It stinks for Merrin, but it's the real world in TV-land :(

Speaking of changes, does anybody know if there has been any changes of actors in Michael Vartan's "Big Shots" yet to be aired pilot? Don't know much about pilots, but as Alias Mom pointed out, a pilot is essentially the venue for personnel changes. Didn't see the "Private Practice" episode (and probably won't be watching come fall), but all the same was disappointed to read about MD. In Season 3, waay too few episodes for wicked Francie, waay too many episodes devoted to Lauren (wicked or not) Well, MD is a well-established actress and will (I would guess) soon get a major role in a soon-to-be-named show.

^I haven't read any thing about casting changes over at Big Shots. :smiley:

Merrin will bounce back. I think you also have to identify to a certain extent with the character you are playing and I don't know if she did. I wasn't going to watch this fall and now I really won't watch. :smiley:

Back