~Message Received~

:eek:ldhi: Ok so this is my first SV story in a while. It's kinda different from what I usually write or read, it really started as an escape from my other fics. It's probably not gonna be that long but I hope you like it!!

Summary: Vaughn's having trouble concentrating on writing his report when a pop-up window informs him he has a new message...from Sydney. Suddenly there's something more fun to do than write his report. :love:

Disclaimer: It's all JJ's.

Chapter 1 -

Michael Vaughn rubbed his tired eyes and forced himself to focus on the screen in front of him. Despite his best efforts the words he had typed blurred into nonsense as his mind drifted away. He found himself gazing around the room until his eyes settled on Sydney.

She was sat several desks away from him and despite having been at work for just as long as he had, she showed no hint of tiredness. He watched her for a moment and her eyes didn’t flicker from the screen once.

He shook his head, marvelling at her ability to focus and forced his eyes back onto the report he was typing. A stolen glance at the clock told him it was just 4:38 and with a sigh he began to type again.

Having barely written four words, two of which he’d deleted, he stopped typing again as a pop-up informed him he had a new message.

Subject: Office Attire

Mr Vaughn,
As one fellow agent to another, I feel it is only my duty to inform you that you are looking absolutely……delicious at the moment with your tie loosened like that. Clearly you have not considered how much of a distraction this is for female members of staff.

Somehow managing to convert his laughter into a relatively convincing cough, Vaughn glanced over to Sydney but her eyes were still unwaveringly fixed upon her screen. He looked over his shoulder and once he was sure no-one was looking, began to type a reply, laughing to himself.

Subject: Inter-office messaging use

Miss Bristow,
As one fellow agent to another, I feel it is my duty to inform you that inter-office messaging should not be used for such blatant flirting. I hope you realise it could be deemed sexual harassment. Request a meeting to discuss afore-mentioned messaging etiquette over a bottle of wine.

p.s. Would it be preferable if I removed the tie altogether?

Vaughn carefully watched Sydney’s reaction and was pleased to see a slight grin flit across her face, showing she had received his message. Vaughn took a sip of his coffee and waited for her response, his report remaining unfinished.

Subject: Proposed meeting

I think a meeting will be necessary to resolve this matter although I find the suggestion of a bottle of wine inappropriate. I think a bottle of wine and some dinner would be much more agreeable. My place at 8?

p.s. It would be preferable to me if you removed shirt altogether, however it would raise a few eyebrows and I’m not entirely sure I want all the women here to see my boyfriend half dressed. Perhaps later?

Vaughn covered his mouth to suppress his laughter, and ignoring the stares he was receiving from those around him, he replied quickly.

Subject: Meeting details

I agree a meal is required to accompany my suggestion of a bottle of wine. As for the time-frame, 8 is fine with me. I’ll bring the wine, anything else you want me to bring?

p.s. As much as I would love to remove my shirt for you my dear, it might result in the loss of my job as well as my reputation. Will this do for now?

He watched her face crease slightly in confusion at the last line of his message and chuckled to himself. When she looked over, he carefully removed his tie and undid the top button of his shirt. This time Sydney couldn’t remain calm and he saw her laughing quietly to herself as she typed something back to him.

Subject: Finalising details

I don’t imagine you’ll need to bring anything this evening. Just yourself of course. Preferably without aforementioned tie and shirt. In fact, preferably without clothing altogether. However I do understand that clothing may be necessary in order for you not to be arrested on your way to my place.

p.s. Definitely an improvement.

While pretending to look around the office to give him time to chuckle to himself, Vaughn glanced at the clock and realised they had spent nearly over half an hour sending these messages.

Subject: Time wasting

Do you realise we have wasted nearly half an hour doing this? And to think I usually avoid work by playing minesweeper. With regards to this evening I’d like to thank you for understanding the necessity of me wearing clothes en route to your house. You however are free to wear no clothing whatsoever, as there is no need for you to leave the house.

However I would suggest a robe of some sort for when you open the door in case it isn’t me and you end up giving some poor delivery guy a heart attack. In fact even if it is me a robe might still be useful because the site of you naked on the doorstep may well give me a heart attack too.

Sydney giggled girlishly to herself upon receiving Vaughn’s most recent message. The agents around her were starting to stare at her oddly but she really didn’t care.

Subject: Medical problems

I don’t consider it to be a waste of time doing this; in fact I feel it is a wonderfully good idea. I may have gone mad if I had to actually finish my report.

If you feel my nakedness might cause you to have heart problems then perhaps it would be better if I remained clothed at all times. I wouldn’t want to risk your health.

Vaughn was just beginning to read Sydney’s most recent message when someone clapped him on the shoulder, causing him to jump a mile.

“Woah Mike, it’s only me!” Eric Weiss looked at him, confusion apparent on his face. “Are you alright?”

“Fine,” Vaughn assured him, “I’m just…uhh…finishing up this report.”

“What’s so funny about it?” Weiss asked.

“Funny…what makes you say that?” Vaughn ventured, deciding that playing dumb would be the best idea.

“Maybe because you’ve been laughing to yourself for about half an hour now.” Weiss glanced at Vaughn’s screen and began to read Sydney’s message. Vaughn hastily closed the window.

“Ahah!” Weiss said triumphantly, having clearly seen enough of Syd’s message to understand what was going on. “I see what’s going on here…you’re flirting with your girlfriend!”

Vaughn shrugged, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Let me see your inbox then,” Weiss demanded.

Vaughn sighed, knowing he was beaten. He opened the window and Weiss broke out into a huge grin.

“Let’s see that’s…4 messages from Syd in the past 30 minutes.”

“Ok ok,” Vaughn conceded, “Maybe we were sort of…flirting.” He ran a hand through his hair, feeling himself redden.

To his surprise Weiss simply chuckled and clapped him on the back. “Man you’re a lucky guy Mike. Enjoy it…I’m gonna go send some flirty messages of my own. Let’s see if you’ve got Syd that leaves me with…Dixon or Marshall.” He scratched his head, feigning deep thought. “Tough choice.”

“There’s always Jack,” Vaughn suggested as Weiss wandered back to his own station. Grinning happily, he finished reading Sydney's message and typed one of his own in reply.

~~

Well there's chapter one!! :D Hope you liked it...please leave me a review and let me know. Quotes are always appreciated *hint hint*

ah thats so funny I love it I love Weiss catching them that was hilarious can you please PM me when you update pretty please

Subject: Office Attire

Mr Vaughn,
As one fellow agent to another, I feel it is only my duty to inform you that you are looking absolutely……delicious at the moment with your tie loosened like that. Clearly you have not considered how much of a distraction this is for female members of staff.
Oh poor female office members...:lol:
p.s. It would be preferable to me if you removed shirt altogether, however it would raise a few eyebrows and I’m not entirely sure I want all the women here to see my boyfriend half dressed. Perhaps later?[/i]
🤤 Agreed.... ^_^

Vaughn was just beginning to read Sydney’s most recent message when someone clapped him on the shoulder, causing him to jump a mile.
“Woah Mike, it’s only me!” Eric Weiss looked at him, confusion apparent on his face. “Are you alright?”
“Fine,” Vaughn assured him, “I’m just…uhh…finishing up this report.”
“What’s so funny about it?” Weiss asked.
“Funny…what makes you say that?” Vaughn ventured, deciding that playing dumb would be the best idea.
“Maybe because you’ve been laughing to yourself for about half an hour now.” Weiss glanced at Vaughn’s screen and began to read Sydney’s message. Vaughn hastily closed the window.
“Ahah!” Weiss said triumphantly, having clearly seen enough of Syd’s message to understand what was going on. “I see what’s going on here…you’re flirting with your girlfriend!”
Vaughn shrugged, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“Let me see your inbox then,” Weiss demanded.
Vaughn sighed, knowing he was beaten. He opened the window and Weiss broke out into a huge grin.
“Let’s see that’s…4 messages from Syd in the past 30 minutes.”
“Ok ok,” Vaughn conceded, “Maybe we were sort of…flirting.” He ran a hand through his hair, feeling himself redden.
:rotflmao: OMV that's soo funny!

To his surprise Weiss simply chuckled and clapped him on the back. “Man you’re a lucky guy Mike. Enjoy it…I’m gonna go send some flirty messages of my own. Let’s see if you’ve got Syd that leaves me with…Dixon or Marshall.” He scratched his head, feigning deep thought. “Tough choice.”
Weiss wants to.... OMV :sideroll: :rotflmao:

“There’s always Jack,” Vaughn suggested
:blink: :Ph34r: No! Although, I'd like to see what Jack does in that situation.. :blush:

That was an awesome chapter and it just rox my socks. Definately want a PM for every chapter, and it's just awesome!

--riley-- :hug:

It's taken me about 10 mins to get on here to read this AA kept crashing- but it was well worth it. I love this story!

Te he he I think I was chuckling at the screan as much as they were.

I think I'm going to require a PM

p.s. Have you been watching bridget Jones diary?? I'm getting a Bridget jones diary feeling here ;)

I loved it! It was so funny! I can just picture s/v doing that :lol:
Please PM me with an update!

Laur

HELEN!!! O M G! CUTENESS!!! :love: and just because i love ya i'll give ya some quotes! ^_^ it beats doing the work i've gotta do! 😆

Mr Vaughn,

:cloud9: aww!! i love flirty Sydney and Vaughn! they're so sweet!!

p.s. Would it be preferable if I removed the tie altogether?

(y) YEP!!!

p.s. It would be preferable to me if you removed shirt altogether, however it would raise a few eyebrows and I’m not entirely sure I want all the women here to see my boyfriend half dressed. Perhaps later?

(y) YES< it would also be preferable to me too!! :P 🤤

“There’s always Jack,” Vaughn suggested as Weiss wandered back to his own station. Grinning happily, he finished reading Sydney's message and typed one of his own in reply.

:laughbounce: HAHA! That would be sooo funny if Weiss started emailing Jack! ^_^ lol i love Weiss!!! :lol:

anyways you best put me on your pm list!! i want to be on the very very top!! :smiley: because i'm your lil nearly russian friend!! :lol: ok..so i guess i should actually go and pretend that i'm doing work!!

:hug: Ciao belle :hug:

p.s i did try to go back and edit my post but i couldnt! (n)

OMG!! That had me in stiches. It was so funny. :rotflmao:
I especially liked -
I don’t imagine you’ll need to bring anything this evening. Just yourself of course. Preferably without aforementioned tie and shirt. In fact, preferably without clothing altogether. However I do understand that clothing may be necessary in order for you not to be arrested on your way to my place.

p.s. Definitely an improvement.
and
Do you realise we have wasted nearly half an hour doing this? And to think I usually avoid work by playing minesweeper. With regards to this evening I’d like to thank you for understanding the necessity of me wearing clothes en route to your house. You however are free to wear no clothing whatsoever, as there is no need for you to leave the house.

However I would suggest a robe of some sort for when you open the door in case it isn’t me and you end up giving some poor delivery guy a heart attack. In fact even if it is me a robe might still be useful because the site of you naked on the doorstep may well give me a heart attack too.

Sydney giggled girlishly to herself upon receiving Vaughn’s most recent message. The agents around her were starting to stare at her oddly but she really didn’t care.
Sounds like a fun evening ;)
Its a great story.
Can i get a pm?

I really enjoyed reading the first chapter. I was literally laughing at their messages. This chapters was really funny. I hope you update soon. Could I get a pm?

Back