~Message Received~

To his surprise Weiss simply chuckled and clapped him on the back. “Man you’re a lucky guy Mike. Enjoy it…I’m gonna go send some flirty messages of my own. Let’s see if you’ve got Syd that leaves me with…Dixon or Marshall.” He scratched his head, feigning deep thought. “Tough choice.”

“There’s always Jack,” Vaughn suggested as Weiss wandered back to his own station. Grinning happily, he finished reading Sydney's message and typed one of his own in reply.

HAHAHA this is great this made me laugh soo much i love Jacko alot he is jsut so serious thta he is soo funny sometimes :smiley: i m only at the first chappie def. be finished by tomorrow night :smiley:

Syd_Vaughn 4ver said:
O M G! is it a conservative club?!?  :lol: because that would be funny (y) they'd be like the youngest people in there, you wouldnt happen to know what thats like would you mil?  :angelic:  :P
[post="1448199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: :lol: HAHAHA! Nope, good guess though...

Anyways gotta go pack :D

trinity_gc said:
:lol: you know I wrote it, posted and then when I was sending pms I noticed your name  :blink:  Wierd coincidence huh?  The real 'Blue Angel' is actually a bar near where I live  :P
nope :angelic:
[post="1448020"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ok...that makes me feel. :thinking: ..a bit better. :rolleyes: -_-
now I'm :woot: VERY :woot: curious!!! LOL!

This story is FANTASTIC! I just read through the whole thing and I can't wipe this stupid grin off of my face. I would love it if you added me to your PM list. THANKS!

I love this fic. It is so awesome. Sydney drunk, that would just be so cute to actually c, lol. I really want to know what the Blue Angel but I guess I'm going to have to use all the patience I can get and....wait :P . I understand though. I went on vacation for three weeks and had to be leave my story but I had my friend update it, twice. So I guess it's not exactly the same :thinking: Awesome update and thanks for the PM :D

~Andrea :angelic:

ok so I had to catch up cents I had been gone for most of the summer!! That was great thanks for the past updates!!! love ya!! hope to get a update when u get back! Oh and thanks 4 the PMs!!
Syd

:hi:

I'm baaaaack! I had a great holiday :sun: Thanks so much for all the reviews, I love you guys! :group: Welcome to all the new readers, I can't believe so many of you have bothered to take the time to go through and read the whooole of this story, it means so much to me that you've done that :blush:

Dedication - This chap is dedicated to anyone and everyone who's been receiving exam results. I hope everyone got what they wanted, I know I definitely did :cloud9: Now all that horrible hard work in June/July has paid off :smiley: :wizhat:

Without further ado...

~**~

“Where to?” the driver asked, once they’d got in and closed the doors.

“The Blue Angel please, d’you know where it is?”

“Yeah,” the driver said uncertainly. “Umm do you know what it is?”

“Yep,” she said firmly and when Vaughn wasn’t looking she gave the driver a tiny, almost imperceptible wink.

“The Blue Angel is it then,” the driver said as he pulled out into the street and joined the busy stream of LA traffic.

~**~

~*~ Chapter 15 ~*~

Michael Vaughn awoke with a start, blinking rapidly but soon forcing his eyes shut against the blinding light that shone directly at him. With a tremendous effort he managed to lift his arm and run his hand over his head, searching for the wound that had caused the explosive headache he was experiencing. He tried to open his eyes again, half-expecting to find himself the hostage of several fanatical terrorists or at the very least, surrounded by the crisp white sheets of a hospital ward.

However mere moments later he realised there were no wounds to find and that no terrorists or hospitals were involved after all. This was all entirely self-inflicted; one word stood out from the fog that was currently obscuring his brain:

Hang-over

Focusing hard, he could just about remember what had happened after they’d left the restaurant and gotten into that cab…

~*~

“Where are we going?” Vaughn asked Sydney warily as the cab turned into onto a street he’d never been down before and came to an abrupt halt outside a trendy-looking bar with a midnight blue door that bore the words: The Blue Angel – all welcome.

“All welcome?” Vaughn repeated, confused. “What is this place?” he turned to Sydney but she was already climbing out of the cab and counting out the driver’s fare.

As Sydney paid the driver, Vaughn glanced at the establishment before him. He could hear a melancholy piano song floating out of an open window and the quiet rumble of talking and laughter from inside. It seemed like a nice, quiet place to enjoy a drink but the mischievous grin on Syd’s face and the way the cab driver called ‘Have fun!’ as he drove away told Vaughn there was definitely something he was missing.

“Come on sweetie,” Sydney said happily, taking his hand and leading him towards the door. She smiled coquettishly at the doorman, who opened the door for her and Vaughn to enter without a word.

Vaughn did a quick sweep of his surrounding and seeing nothing amiss he began to relax. Maybe I am just being paranoid, he told himself steadily. The Blue Angel was bigger inside that seemed possible from the humble entrance; it must have stretched through the next several properties along. There was a bar that stretched the whole length of one wall, several cosy seating booths and a large dance floor where couples where now dancing to a lively jazz number.

The song was playing, not from a sound system as Vaughn had expected, but from a baby grand piano in one corner where a man in a sharp-cut Tuxedo was seated comfortably. Taking this all in, Vaughn felt himself relax, Syd was right, this was exactly the sort of place he’d love to come to.

It took a few more minutes of closer attention for Vaughn to realise this wasn’t exactly the sort of place he’d love. “Syd,” he whispered, beckoning her towards him, “This isn’t what I think it is… I…I mean it…it can’t be, right?” he added, a little desperately.

Syd simply giggled, “That depends. What do you think it is?”

Vaughn took another look on the couples on the dance floor and finally understood the meaning of ‘All Welcome’. He turned back to Sydney with a groan, “This is a gay bar isn’t it?” he whispered waving an accusing finger towards her.

Sydney burst out laughing at the incredulous look of mingled shock and embarrassment on Vaughn’s face, drawing stares from several on-lookers.

“I can’t believe this,” Vaughn muttered, glancing quickly at the exits as if planning his escape route but still feeling a smile creep onto his face at the sound of Syd’s infectious laugh. “Is this because of embarrassing moment #6 that I told you about by any chance?” he asked, already guessing the answer.

“Yep,” Syd nodded happily. “I couldn’t resist honey, it was just too funny.” She tried to look apologetic but the amount of wine she’d consumed at dinner and the memory of Vaughn’s story combined to produce nothing but a silly grin and more laughter. “I mean who sends a junior agent on an intel. swap in an openly gay Parisian nightclub?” she squeaked out between her laughter. “And how could it not be in the top five embarrassing moments you kindly sent to both me and my father the other day?”

Blocking out the reminder of his little email accident Vaughn shrugged. “I told you it used to be, but the little incident involving public displays of affection at work and being hit on by someone practically old enough to be my daughter kinda took its place!”

“Speaking of public displays of affection,” she said, snaking her arm around him and brushing her lips lightly against his. “I hope you’re not mad Vaughn,” she whispered softly, feeling him shiver at her breath on his neck.

Vaughn pulled his hand away from stroking her hair to cup her face, running his thumb across her cheek. “Impossible,” he replied honestly and ignoring the stares they were receiving, forgetting all about where they were, he leaned in closer and kissed her.

After a few long moments, they pulled apart and Syd took Vaughn’s hand, pulling him towards the bar. “I think I need another drink,” she announced, slipping back into her childish I’m-drunk-and-I-like-it voice.

“How drunk are you?” he asked, concerned. “Besides,” he added warily, “we can’t stay here…can we?”

“Not so drunk that you should be all responsible and take me home but just drunk enough that I know I want to stay here tonight.”

“Well that’s the perfect amount,” Vaughn said dryly. “You sure we should stay though?”

“It does say ‘All Welcome’ on the door sweetie,” she reminded him, teasing.

“I’m not sure that’s what it meant exactly,” Vaughn said carefully, but he was already on his way to the bar. “How do you even know this place Syd?” he asked as they waited to be served. “Is there something I should know?” he teased.

Sydney simply laughed, her eyes sparkling in the soft glow of the candles that hung in lanterns near the bar. “A friend of Francie’s from college took us here once – me, Will and Francie. God you should have seen Will’s face when he realised and then when this guy came up and asked for his number…” she trailed off, laughing at the memory. “We had such a fun night, just dancing with about a hundred people we’ve never seen before or since.”

“See now unlike the place in Paris,” he shuddered slightly at the memory, “This place is actually nice. Classy. No dancing the salsa in six inch heels here.”

“Maybe later,” Syd said with a suggestive wink.

Before Vaughn could find a suitably witty reply, the barman approached. Vaughn ordered a stiff drink for himself and turned to Syd who immediately responded. “Pina Colada,” she said brightly.

“What?” Vaughn asked, having expected something like red wine as her request.

“Piiiiiiiina Coooooolaaaaada,” she repeated slower, grinning at the barman who seemed not at all fazed by her request.

Of course he isn’t fazed, Vaughn mused, He doesn’t know that the most adventurous drink Sydney usually chooses is a white wine spritzer. She seemed pretty intent on getting her way so Vaughn simply shrugged and told the barman, “And a Pina Colada please.”

~*~

After that, things definitely got a little fuzzy. Vaughn remembered that there was dancing, definitely lots of dancing and several Pina Coladas. But then all he could manage to recall was a cab journey home in which they were laughing rather too much at nothing in particular.

“Syd?” he groaned, finally managing to keep his eyes open long enough to realise the space in bed beside him was empty. He glanced up and saw her standing in the doorway, looking amused, impossibly fresh and beautiful and holding two cups of steaming hot coffee.

“How do you do it?” he grumbled, gingerly sitting up against the headboard and making space for her to sit beside him.

“What?” she asked curiously, her voice sounding two times as loud as usual to Vaughn.

“Be as drunk as we both ended up last night and look as perfect as ever the next day?” He tried to look annoyed but couldn’t muster the energy so he simply let the words slip out as a quiet compliment.

“I’ve had like a gallon of water, then 2 Aspirin and this…this is like my fourth cup of coffee,” she confided. “And speaking of coffee…” she handed him his cup which he accepted gratefully. Focusing only on the awakening aroma spiralling up and out of his mug, Vaughn didn’t notice the barely concealed laughter on Syd’s face as she glanced several times at his forehead.

An hour or so later, after going through much the same routine of hangover cures as Sydney, Vaughn was feeling a lot more human. Returning his empty coffee cup to the kitchen he found Sydney washing up in the sink, wearing nothing but an old t-shirt of his she’d claimed for herself. She was humming quietly and he recognised the song immediately as one they’d danced to the night before.

He watched her silently for a moment before approaching from behind and snaking his arms around her waist, blowing gently on her neck.

She shivered. “I can’t wash up if you’re doing that.”

“That’s the plan,” he mumbled, kissing down her cheek to her neck.

She sighed softly, turning on the spot so she could face him as he kept his arms securely wrapped around her waist. “I see you’re feeling better.”

“Definitely am now,” he murmured in reply, feeling the warmth of Sydney’s breath through the t-shirt he’d slept in as she rested her head lightly against his chest. “I should go take a shower though,” he said half-heartedly. “You know… get dressed, face the day. Stuff like that,” he yawned.

“Maybe I’ll join you,” she whispered suggestively.

Vaughn gave her a parting peck on the cheek, “Good idea.”

He made his way towards the bathroom, leaving the door slightly ajar just in case she decided to join him. He turned on the shower and removed his clothes as the warm steam billowed out from behind the shower curtain, filling the room. When he was satisfied it had reached the right heat he pulled back the curtain to step in, stopping immediately when he saw his own hazy reflection, slightly obscured by a black mark near where his forehead was on the fogged-up mirror above the sink.

Slightly confused, he cleaned the mirror with his hand, and soon realised the mark wasn’t on the mirror at all. It was actually the blurred reflection of the large words that had been printed on his own forehead. There, unmistakeably in Sydney’s handwriting, a black marker had branded him with the words:

Mikey Loves Syd

“Sydney,” he said simply, suddenly remembering what they’d been laughing at in the cab ride home. He spun around, ready to hunt her down and tickle her mercilessly in revenge; however to his surprise he found the guilty party was standing in the doorway to the bathroom.

She wasn’t wearing the t-shirt of his she’d claimed as her own anymore and as always, she rendered him utterly speechless.

Grinning at the effect her outfit or lack thereof, was having on Vaughn’s ability to form coherent thought and speech, she shut the door and slowly walked the small distance between them.

Biting her lip uncertainly she gestured to his forehead. “I hope you’re not mad.”

“Impossible,” Vaughn said quietly, repeating his response from the night before. Still unable to tear his eyes from her he reached out and took her hand, leading her towards the hot shower with a smile.

~*~

:poke: review time.... :poke: Quotes are loved as always

And, just for the record: the real 'Blue Angel' is in fact a regular bar near where I live, its also the name of a bar featured at the end of Mission Impossible which I realised after watching it last night :P

PM LIST:
syd_vaughn 4ver
liliana
rileylovesalias
cute_as_candy
i'm an aliasaholic
superspy
laurenrachael
spirit
krzykty57789
peanutbutter
sexcivaughn14
alias_rocks_87
POINTBLANK47
~VartansGirl~
smartgirl2004
Jen-Jen
Cai
texasalias2004
SkyGirl5
Bubbles
Vaughnlover15
PoketRockets11
SydneyVaughn47
msu_ruby
ams4alias
deranged_girl
ASIOagent
Scialet
noggi16
luckylass

aliaschick06
frangipani
vaughnshoney
secret_agent_angel
Spy_Love
tinkerbell23
AliasChica316
julesvartan
Nancy O
fire*N*ice
gucci_94
littlemissliketofight
vaughnsgurl4lf
Addicted 2 Alias
Skyangel666
Missgwen
Crazy for Alias
Aliasmaniac7723
Freckles3706
Mightylittleone
Batman
Sarahbear
Xxaliasluverxx
Moonlite Star
Sd6452
Emmy_d
Agent Roberts
Iluvalias0203
Sydneymicheal
Kalias

Brinne
Syd26
Tunita
Aliasmaniac7723
Alwazabrat
Sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
Lizababy
Bellasbaby
Freaky
Tinker
Blue_bird
Truth Takes Time 2.18
Sarkattack
Sydney L Bristow
Star_gazer
Catfishally
Vaughnroxmysox
SydAPO05
Sydney_alias_vaughn
Ohiochic2010
Ubielecki
oooRevesDouxooo
KAC
AlexBristow03
fraizoolovesvaughn
sftballgrl_04
maddy28
gregstar
lovygirl
blueangel

SydVaughn1001
Alias79
buckeyealum2000
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
undercover_spy
angels_fire_88
Sydney A Vaughn
Garner_Chick6
Liis
Wiseman
Jadeygirl
Bennezuela
Leelow13
alias_EQUALS_love
kiwi
twinkley_angel
ae_gurl293
cleverchic
sydofthesea
angelicprinces925
sheheartsvaughn
blknight
aliasisthebest
I love vaughny

ADDICT'S LIST:
# 1 JuJu
# 2 Sci
# 3 Superspy
# 4 Mountaineer+Boyscout
# 5 I'm an aliasaholic
# 6 LaurenRachael
# 7 Cai
# 8 oooRevesDouxooo
# 9 Vaughnroxmysox
# 10 sd6452
# 11 gucci_94
# 12 Addicted 2 Alias :king:
# 13 bellasbaby
# 14 Vaughnlover15
# 15 SydAPO05
# 16 Sydneymicheal
# 17 tinkerbell23
# 18 mightylittleone
# 19 rileylovesalias

# 24 Alwazabrat

Mil xx

lovely chapter. Veru nice indeed. i love the picture that you painted of a drunk Syd and Vaughan. Excellent, excellent stuff. Thank you so much.

Thank you for the pm and for the update

OMG that was so funny what syd wrote on vaughns forehead they must have been really drunk. The look on vaughns face must have been price less. Great update thanks for the PM.

Back