~Message Received~

“Hello? Michael are you there?”

If she wasn’t sure already, this confirmed it. She was definitely, without a doubt, 100% talking to his mother.

Feeling her heart beat so fast she thought it was probably audible down the phone, she replied:

“Actually this isn’t Michael. It’s Sydney.”
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :jump: YAY please update sooooon!

Aly xx :angelnot:

AHHH!!!!

*runs around in little circles around Sydney screaming*

This fic is AWESOME!!

And I mean it too, because you manage to leave us hanging for months on end, and with posting just one chapter, I think you've got everyone pretty much hooked once again :lol: Also, I have to say, the humour of this fic... It's like none other, and oh god... :rotflmao: This is just TOO funny!

But dun dun DUUUUN! MICHAEL'S MUM IS ON THE OTHER LINE!!! AHHH!

*flails arms about*

We have a situation here, people! :o_O: Cos dude, I certainly wasn't expecting that... Noooo way. BUT I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS! IT'S SO CRAZILY EXCITING THAT IM TALKING IN CAPSLOCK!!! :woot:

:notworthy:

LOVING this fic!

Cai
x

His Mom is on the phone? I hope that she at least knows a little about Sydney. At least her name or something. Michael should call his Mom more. Can't wait forthe next update. Soon I hope.
Thanks for the PM

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

MILLLLLLL :woot: :happydance:

guess what........

:angelic:

WE'RE GOING TO SEE BON JOVI!!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

WOOOT!!

“You never had another career?”

“What are you getting at?” he asked with a frown, noticing she seemed to be holding something behind her back.

“I just thought maybe you’d started out as a lumberjack or something!” she laughed, pulling a padded plaid shirt out from behind her back and tossing it over to him.

O M G! 😆 loved the lumberjack reference :lol: it brings back funny memories!!

such a cute chapter hun!! sorry im not quoting or anything but i got sooo mcuh stuff to do for my big trip tomorrow :rolleyes:

BON!! :woot: :angelic:

:hug:

“Well I see you’ve finally managed to pick up the phone sweetheart. I feel like I should send a cake or something.”

te he he I can see i'm gonna like this amelia!

I didn't get a PM :( I'm not sure if you sent them but if you did can I get one in future? :D thanks0- really worth the wait hope your A-Levels are going well

I didn't get a PM :( I'm not sure if you sent them but if you did can I get one in future? :D thanks0- really worth the wait hope your A-Levels are going well

I did try and send you one but it said you'd reached your limit for messages :P Don't worry you're still on the list :smiley:

My A levels are going good thanks, a lot of work but still good. How's life in 6th form treating you?

This was SO funny!! He wore tie-dye?!?!?! I would laugh so hard if I saw something like that in Vaughn's closet. Thanks for the pm and I absolutely LOVED the update!!

(y) Angel

I just read all the chapters :D This is sooo good. Can I please get a PM?

:hi:

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the lovely reviews :group: I'm sorry the updates for this story are so far apart at the moment, but I've been so busy that this is the best I can do. Please keep reading :smiley:

Enjoy...

“Hello? Michael are you there?”

If she wasn’t sure already, this confirmed it. She was definitely, without a doubt, 100% talking to his mother.

Feeling her heart beat so fast she thought it was probably audible down the phone, she replied. “Actually this isn’t Michael. It’s Sydney.”

~*~

~*~Chapter 17~*~

A sharp intake of breath and the shocked stuttering of “oh,” was the only reply Sydney received.

Standing rooted to the spot she willed herself to say something, anything at all to break the silence that had fallen between them. She could hear faint static crackling along the line but nothing on the other end. Wondering for a brief and heart stopping moment if Vaughn’s mom had fainted, Syd finally ventured some sort of reply. “Mrs Vaughn? Are you there?”

She waited, fiddling nervously with a loose piece of hair. Though she was listening intently for any sign that the other woman was still on the line, she couldn’t even make out the sound of her breathing into the receiver.

The reason Sydney heard nothing was simple: Isabelle Vaughn had her hand over the mouth piece, not wanting Syd to hear her cursing.

“Merde-merde-merde-merde-merde-merde.”

She covered her face with her hand, pacing the floor frantically and trying to catch her breath. Of all the ways of meeting her son’s girlfriend, this one had never even remotely occurred to her. Whenever she’d thought about meeting Sydney, they were usually face to face rather than thousands of miles apart and involved in a small case of mistaken identity. Just as she made a mental note to kill Michael when she saw him for not answering his own phone she realised she’d left the poor girl hanging on the other end of the line.

With one final “Merde!” for her own stupidity, she uncovered the mouthpiece and blurted out an apology. “I’m so sorry Sydney. I just assumed it would be Michael you see.”

“You’re sorry? No no I’m sorry,” Sydney replied, feeling warm relief spread throughout her body, finally giving her control over her movement again. She moved towards the sofa and sat down as Isabelle continued to apologise.

“I should have known it would be someone else, Michael never answers his phone these days,” Isabelle stuttered, feeling the overwhelming need to explain herself to Sydney. “That’s why I made that joke you know – about sending a cake, because he’d finally answered his phone.”

“Except that he didn’t answer, I did.” Sydney reminded her, smiling mainly out of relief that Isabelle seemed embarrassed rather than angry over the mix up.

“So you did,” Isabelle agreed. The absurdity of the situation suddenly seemed to register with her and she couldn’t contain a burst of laughter.

Syd had always held a strong belief that you could tell a lot about a person just from hearing their laugh. Isabelle’s was warm and infectious just like her son’s and Syd soon found herself joining in.

“I just couldn’t believe it was Michael’s mom on the phone – I mean it’s such a-”

“A cliché!”

“Exactly!”

Both women smiled stupidly to themselves, deciding instantly they’d get along just fine with each other. Sydney heard Vaughn making his way out into the living room and gestured for him to join her, mouthing “your mom” and pointing to the phone. Vaughn widened his eyes at her, shocked to see she seemed perfectly calm. If he’d accidentally answered the phone at Syd’s and heard Jack Bristow’s voice on the end, it’d be a different story.

“Michael’s here now – would you like a word?” Sydney offered kindly. She handed the phone to Vaughn and leaned back against the sofa as Vaughn talked to his mom.

Sydney replayed the conversation over in her head, deciding it could definitely have gone worse. In an ideal world it would have gone better of course, but overall it went alright. She turned her attention to Vaughn, marvelling at the strange mix of English and French meeting her ears as he conversed rapidly in both languages with his mom.

“Yeah Saturday night’s fine. See you then,” Vaughn concluded but instead of hanging up the phone Vaughn handed it back to Syd. “She wants a quick word with you,” he whispered mysteriously.

“Uh hello? Mrs Vaughn?” Syd said, all her nervousness returning now.

“Please call me Isabelle,” Vaughn’s mom replied warmly. “I just wanted to ask you to dinner on Saturday night sweetheart.”

“Oh absolutely! I’d love to,” Sydney agreed readily. “I didn’t know you were coming to town.”

“Michael didn’t tell you?”

“It must have slipped his mind.” Syd made a mental note to kill Vaughn for not mentioning that his mother might call to arrange her stay.

“Yes well I’m coming to visit next Friday, just for a couple of days.”

“Only a couple of days?” Syd repeated, confused. “It’s a bit of a long flight to only stay for a couple of days. I assumed you still lived in France?”

“In France? Oh no no not since I married Michael’s father, Bill. I actually live in Virginia nowadays.”

“I had no idea,” Sydney replied, glaring at Vaughn and giving him a light slap on the arm for never telling her where his mom lived.

“Anyway I must be going, I’ll call nearer the time to make the arrangements – but don’t worry I’ll check who answers before I start talking this time!” Isabelle joked, saying her goodbyes and hanging up.

Sydney hung up and slowly placed the phone on the table beside Vaughn’s sofa. She turned to find him grinning sweetly up at her, but she ignored it and glared at him haughtily.

“Something wrong darling?” he said innocently.

She glared, if possible, more darkly than before.

“Is that a yes?”

Abandoning her dignified silence she hit him softly across the chest and spoke up. “Anything you’ve forgotten to mention to me dear?” she asked, stressing the word ‘dear’ a little too harshly.

“Ah yes now that you mention it there is one thing - my mom’s coming to visit next week.”

“Well thanks for letting me know,” she said slowly, every syllable laced with sarcasm.

“I’m sorry I forgot,” he began to grovel. “I only just got her message about her trip but then I got all caught up in…”

“In what?”

“You,” he said sweetly. “You were so excited about the packing and then I got caught up in it, because I can’t wait to move in with you.”

Sydney dropped the feigned angry façade at once and beamed at him. “You’re good Michael Vaughn, I’ll give you that,” she said, shaking her head slightly and snuggling up against him on the sofa.

“Does that mean you’re not mad at me anymore?” he said hopefully, pulling her closer and kissing her cheek.

“Oh honey, I never was,” she assured him lightly, “I just like making you apologise – you’re always so sweet about it.”

Vaughn laughed, shifting his position slightly so he could cup her face in his hand. He drew his thumb slowly across her cheek and leaned in for a kiss that left her breathless.

“What was that for?” she asked, snuggling into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I never could resist a girl in tie-dye,” Vaughn whispered in reply, idly tracing the circles of vivid colour on the tshirt she’d found at the back of his closet and decided to put on. “Oh by the way I also forgot to mention my mom lives in Virginia not France,” he told her gently; when he was sure she was too comfortable in his embrace to get mad at him.

“So I discovered,” she murmured quietly. “Anything else you’d like to get off your chest while you’re on a roll?”

“No I think I’m done,” he assured her through a yawn.

“Ok Vaughn, if we stay here another 5 minutes, one or both of us will fall asleep,” Syd said suddenly, sitting up and pulling him to his feet with her.

“What’s so bad about that?” he asked innocently, snaking his arms round her waist and trying to pull her back down onto the sofa.

“Because then we’ll never get all your stuff packed up,” she said sternly, resisting his gentle tugging and the lure of the warm space she’d been occupying on the sofa.

“Who cares?” Vaughn muttered, “I have everything I need right here.”

She knew he was just trying to get out the work of packing up his clothes, but it very nearly worked. She allowed him to pull her back into his arms for a kiss but stopped him before he could sit her back down. “Nice try sweetie, but we’ve got packing to do.”

~*~

:poke: review time! :poke:
PM LIST:
syd_vaughn 4ver
liliana
rileylovesalias
i'm an aliasaholic
superspy
laurenrachael
spirit
krzykty57789
peanutbutter
sexcivaughn14
alias_rocks_87
POINTBLANK47
~VartansGirl~
smartgirl2004
Jen-Jen
Cai
texasalias2004
SkyGirl5
Bubbles
Vaughnlover15
EJ11
SydneyVaughn47
msu_ruby
ams4alias
deranged_girl
ASIOagent
Scialet
noggi16
luckylass
aliaschick06
frangipani
vaughnshoney
secret_agent_angel
Spy_Love
tinkerbell23

AliasChica316
julesvartan
Nancy O
fire*N*ice
gucci_94
littlemissliketofight
vaughnsgurl4lf
Addicted 2 Alias
Skyangel666
Missgwen
Crazy for Alias
Aliasmaniac7723
Freckles3706
Mightylittleone
Batman
Sarahbear
Xxaliasluverxx
Moonlite Star
Sd6452
Emmy_d
Agent Roberts
Iluvalias0203
Sydneymicheal
Kalias
Brinne
Syd26
Tunita
Aliasmaniac7723
Alwazabrat
Sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
Lizababy
Bellasbaby
Freaky
Tinker
Blue_bird

Truth Takes Time 2.18
Sarkattack
Sydney L Bristow
Star_gazer
Catfishally
Vaughnroxmysox
SydAPO05
Sydney_alias_vaughn
Ohiochic2010
Ubielecki
oooRevesDouxooo
KAC
AlexBristow03
fraizoolovesvaughn
sftballgrl_04
maddy28
gregstar
lovygirl
blueangel
SydVaughn1001
Alias79
buckeyealum2000
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
undercover_spy
angels_fire_88
Sydney A Vaughn
Garner_Chick6
Liis
Wiseman
Jadeygirl
Bennezuela
Leelow13
alias_EQUALS_love
kiwi
twinkley_angel

ae_gurl293
cleverchic
sydofthesea
angelicprinces925
sheheartsvaughn
blknight
aliasisthebest
I love vaughny
secretfriend220
aliasisthebest
SuperDuck123
Minttu
Vaughn-a-holic!439
Ashqua

ADDICT'S LIST:
# 1 JuJu
# 2 Sci
# 3 Superspy
# 4 Mountaineer+Boyscout
# 5 I'm an aliasaholic
# 6 LaurenRachael
# 7 Cai
# 8 oooRevesDouxooo
# 9 Vaughnroxmysox
# 10 sd6452
# 11 gucci_94
# 12 Addicted 2 Alias
# 13 bellasbaby
# 14 Vaughnlover15
# 15 SydAPO05
# 16 Sydneymicheal
# 17 tinkerbell23
# 18 mightylittleone
# 19 rileylovesalias

# 24 Alwazabrat
# 27 angels_fire_88

Helen xxx

Wow, that was awesome. I'm glad that Vaughn's mom likes Sydney, but why woudn't she, lol? Thanks so much for the Pm, and please keep updating. I hate waiting, lol

~Andrea :angelic:

Back