Michael Gets Punk'd!

No big deal. This is the quote from the interview posted on the Access Hollywood page.

To 'Punk' Or Not To 'Punk?'

POSTED: 1:29 pm PDT April 15, 2005

Access Hollywood
Did Michael Vartan get "Punk'd" by Ashton's gang? It depends who you ask.

Stars beware – Ashton is out to get you. Dozens of celebs have been victimized by his MTV prank show "Punk'd."

Most of the times, whoever gets nailed is a good sport. But once in a while, some of the big names won't play along. And sometimes, as Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson found out, it becomes a question of whether or not a "Punking" even happened.

Case in point – "Alias" heartthrob Michael Vartan, who adamantly denies Us Weekly's story that he was "Punk'd" and then refused to sign the release that would allow the episode to air.

"It was not true," Vartan told Shaun.

"It’s not true at all? That you were 'Punk'd' but that you refused to sign off on it," Shaun asked.

"Not true. None of it's true," Vartan insisted. "They literally made it up. It's unbelievable."

"Were you 'Punk'd' at all?" Shaun followed.

"Nope," he maintained.

As for the reported prank, Vartan was allegedly on an airplane set to take off when the plane's parts started falling off around him.

"I've never been on an airplane that had falling parts," Michael continued.

But the "Punk" master himself, Ashton Kutcher, told Access a completely different story when we spoke with him and his "A Lot Like Love" co-star Amanda Peet.

"Did you 'Punk' Michael Vartan?" Shaun asked Ashton.

"Uh yeah," he revealed. "I wasn't there but I know that we did a thing…like he wasn't…I mean, because it never went to air, it's not like it didn’t happen or anything like that. He just asked us not to run it."

And while we may never know what really happened, Ashton wanted to make one thing perfectly clear.

"We're not trying to really make people angry or do anything to anyone that anyone's not cool with," Kutcher explained. "There's been a couple instances, I think four now in the history of the show, where people are like, 'I'd rather not have that be done' and that's how we do it….We're not out to make anybody upset."

"And I'll be one of those people," Peet smiled. "So don't."

"Punk'd" or no "Punk'd," we know where we will be seeing both Kutcher and Vartan next. Ashton's "A Lot Like Love" comes out April 22 while Vartan's "Monster-In-Law" will be released three weeks later.

That little promo at the end make it seem like the "controversy" is to help promote the movies.

I really don't believe Ashton and I wouldn't be surprised if he is using this for PR. Why would Michael lie about being Punk'd he has no reason too. He isn't about PR, and he is a whole lot more private than Ashton.

It makes no sense at all that Ashton, not Vartan, would be lying about this.

And finally, he said it on the show this past Sunday. He actually said he didn't Punk him but it was completely sarcastic, and you can tell that he was indeed Punk'd but now, Ashton can't actually say it.

Here's the video clip - http://rapidshare.de/files/1484061/Punk_d_...Punk_d.avi.html

Just click on Free, wait the 30 seconds or whatever they have you wait, then the file will start downloadin. I should have changed the filename it's really long! You'll need the XviD codec to play the file (get it at free-codecs.com).

I am sure Vartan is denying this. To you Vartan chicks I say, don't be biased and think about it. And if you want, PM me and I'll send you the video clip as an attachment. Ashton obviously didn't like that Vartan denied it all and said it was made-up. Total bull. Vartan did indeed get Punk'd.

Sorry Michael fans!

Back