Michael Gets Punk'd!

well apparently he was punk'd but there was no spandex involved! it was a cruel act involving a dodgy plane! mv has declined to sign the release for it, so well never see it!

yeah....apparently the fake Spiderman audition was something they did to Jesse Metcalf.

This is what Kristin had to say about it.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Tran...05/050404b.html

From brunie: Did you see the US Weekly article that Michael Vartan was punk'd but wouldn't sign the release? What gives? True?
No. Here's what I know, and this is from someone who works very closely with Michael (ahem, a costar, ahem). The Punk'd they shot with M.V. was the one I told you about back in October. His manager sent him out on a Spider-Man 3 audition, which at the time did not exist. They put him in a spandex suit, made him fly up in the air in a harness and gave him horrible dialogue to read. Michael left the set "laughing his ass off," according to this costar.

But here's the rub: They apparently shot two versions of this same stunt, and you may have already seen who the other guy was: Jesse Metcalfe. Consensus was, his was more funny because of his read, so Metcalfe's run aired instead of Michael's. Meanwhile, I'm told that the plane incident reported in US Weekly never happened, and was actually a second option for the intial Punk'd. And mind you, all these Punk'd shoots happened back in October-November, so this is not only incorrect news, as far as I know, but most likely old.

From ames47: Omigod! But did they film the Punk'd? Have to see it!
Yes, they did. And they should air it, right?!

I think its a stupid show, and IF Michael DID get pissed, id completely understand, and wouldnt be down on him at all.

Ashton Kutcher (sp?) really annoys me. Thats the dude right?

Heh it bad that I wanna see MV in the spiderman one!! Hmm Jesse Mcalfe is a nice person to see in spandex too. :D They should air both! :heh:

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-04-08/

Vartan: "I Was Not Punk'd"

Alias star Michael Vartan has blasted reports he refused to sign a release form after he was pranked on Ashton Kutcher's Punk'd show - insisting the practical joke never happened. US tabloids reported the former boyfriend of Daredevil star Jennifer Garner turned sour when he was made to look foolish during an elaborate prank on the MTV show, when parts of a plane started falling off before he was about to fly. But Vartan insists he was not the target of the practical joke. He says, "I was never 'Punk'd' on an airplane, so I don't know where they got the story." But the actor admits the prank would have been a good one, because he's terrified of flying. He adds, "I'm terrified of flying so to get on an airplane and then had pieces of the plane start falling off, that would be very funny."

I just saw on tomorrow's preview for the entertainment news show, Access Hollywood, Ashton Kutcher say that Michael Vartan was Punked, but he told them not to televise it.

The Access Hollywood segment scheduled for Friday, April 15 is going to talk about Michael's claim that it never happened and Ashton's claim that it did.

As I told you at SD-1, Michael never claimed he wasn't Punk'd. Rather, he said US Weekly's airplane story wasn't true.

Is this still news? Really? Well, it can't be that big a deal since that "story" was supposed to air Wednesday but was bumped for two days by Britney's baby news. :rolleyes: Dude, if Jennifer Aniston breaks a nail we may have to wait until Monday! ;)

Jinnie said:
As I told you at SD-1, Michael never claimed he wasn't Punk'd. Rather, he said US Weekly's airplane story wasn't true.
[post="1302125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

As you told me? Sorry, if we aren't talking in real time, you don't know that you got through to me. This is the first that I heard from you.

Regardless, people may want to see the Access Hollywood feature. The TV show is playing up the disagreement to get viewers.

Back