Michael Vartan Q.A.

Does anyone know what that is a tatoo of??
well, thats been a mystery for a while..it looks like a dragon with a chinise syombal in the middle with a flowe to the side and the sg on the side which mean shannon gleason..mvs ex...

it's so stupid to do a tatoo with your lover's name.
my aunt did that with her boyfriend. they were together for 4 ½ years and then they broke up.
she still has the tatoo.

Anyway does anyone know anything about Vartan's family?

Here's what I found on him:

Michael Vartan was born on 27th November 1968 in France, the only child of a French father (Son of Eddie Vartan) and an American mother who got divorced when he was only five.

Nephew of Sylvie Vartan ( a singer too

Cousin of French singer David Hallyday and David's father Jonny Halliday is also a singer

He spent his childhood shuttling between France (where his father, a musician lived) and the U.S (where his mother lived). At the age of eighteen, after deciding against joining the French military service (mandatory for all males above 18 in France) Michael shifted to the States. He hadn't really thought about becoming an actor. He enrolled in an acting school after being told by many people that he had the potential for it. He made his acting debut in the French film Un homme et deux femmes (1991) and followed that with another French film called Promenades d'été (1992). It was with the Italian film Fiorile (1993), in which he played (rather ironically), a French soldier that he made his international debut. He considers The Pallbearer (1996), in which he starred with David Schwimmer and Gwyneth Paltrow to be his first big American movie.

He gave an impressive performance in The Myth of Fingerprints (1997) as Jake, who, during a Thanksgiving family reunion tries to gain some perspective into the nature of love and family relationships. Michael's true mettle as an actor was seen when he played a character that he has described as being most unlike him. The role was that of the English Lit teacher-cum-Prince Charming Sam Coulson in the 1999 hit Never Been Kissed (1999) and it catapulted Michael to never experienced popularity and adulation. He followed his much talked about NBK performance with similar good ones in The Next Best Thing (2000) and It Had to Be You (2000/I). Meanwhile, he joined stellar company by being one among the biggest names in Hollywood to feature on shows like "Ally McBeal" (1997) where he played Jonathan Basset and "Friends" (1994)where he played Richard's son Dr Tim Burkle

He also played the role of the legendary Lancelot in the serialized version of Marion Zimmer Bradley's novel "The Mists of Avalon" (2001) (mini). In 2001, he became a regular feature on TV playing CIA agent Michael Vaughn in the series "Alias" (2001). Still playing the character, he has described it as being more close to home than his previous roles. Hockey is a passion with Michael. He also enjoys other sports, as much for the joy of playing them as for the therapeutic value he derives from them! He continues rendering impressive performances in films, his latest being One Hour Photo (2002).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMDb mini-biography by

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia
Wanted to be a professional pool player before deciding to act instead.

Avid sports fan.

Plays hockey as often as he can. This attribute has also been given to his Alias character Michael Vaughn, who plays pickup hockey occasionally with his co-worker characters.

When the studio resisted casting an "unkown", Drew Barrymore pushed get him cast in Never Been Kissed (1999).

Speaks French and English fluently.

Turned down a role in Scream 3 (2000)because he wanted to take his career in a different direction.

Also paints and plays guitar.

He is of Bulgarian heritage - his father and aunt were migrants from Bulgaria.

His favourite NHL Hockey team is the Los Angeles Kings.

Appeared in a television ad for the 2004 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs. He stated that he hadn't been nervous while acting in 3 years, yet he was very nervous about appearing with the Stanley Cup.

Was engaged to Shannon Gleason for about 10 years. They've since split = It can explain why a part of the tatoo has her initials on it....Ten years is a long time...The tatoo is a mix of different things

That's what I found, most of it comes from imdb.com

I love MV

When the studio resisted casting an "unkown", Drew Barrymore pushed get him cast in Never Been Kissed (1999).

I love you Drew Barrymore :P.

After i read his biography i love him even more, i mean he's so modest and sweet and i didnt know that he also paints and plays guitar...nice :love:

Yeah, I saw that too! He said that if he could he would love to live in Aust. and he now has our Souhtern Cross on his arm! Michael is totally destined to live in Aust.!

I know I saw a tattoo on his arm when they did the episdoe after he came back on the episode where it shows that his fingertips are bleeding because he has that disease that he got through the water that he was in.

Back