Season 5 Micheal Vartan

Anyway....as sad as I am that Vaughn might be dead, I'm not as extrememly devistated as everyone else. Yes, I loved his character, but I think this may be a chance to see Syd grow in a way that she otherwise wouldn't have been able to. I would be happy if he came back, but i won't die if he doesn't.

I'm right with you there!! Especially after watching this latest episode, I feel like Syd has really come into her own w/o Vaughn there. It's definitely a chance to see the character grow. The Sydney from season 1-4 I have a hard time seeing as a mother. Season 5 Syd on the other hand, I can see being a good mother. It's a big transition to make from sexy ass-kicking secret agent to not-quite-as-sexy but still attractive mother / agent mentor. Syd's been stuck in this vicious circle hell hole for four years now . . . every time she gets really close to somebody they get ripped awa or killed or betray her. She's been mourning lost loves and pining over new ones and trying to escape the remants of her SD-6 life. And she hasn't been very successful at moving on. Now she's sort of being forced to.

All that being said, I still want Vaughn to come in at the end and the two of them walk away from the CIA for good and go do something else with their lives.

I'm right with you there!! Especially after watching this latest episode, I feel like Syd has really come into her own w/o Vaughn there. It's definitely a chance to see the character grow. The Sydney from season 1-4 I have a hard time seeing as a mother. Season 5 Syd on the other hand, I can see being a good mother. It's a big transition to make from sexy ass-kicking secret agent to not-quite-as-sexy but still attractive mother / agent mentor. Syd's been stuck in this vicious circle hell hole for four years now . . . every time she gets really close to somebody they get ripped awa or killed or betray her. She's been mourning lost loves and pining over new ones and trying to escape the remants of her SD-6 life. And she hasn't been very successful at moving on. Now she's sort of being forced to.

All that being said, I still want Vaughn to come in at the end and the two of them walk away from the CIA for good and go do something else with their lives.
Sure SYD seems strong, but doesn't it bother you that she shows zero sadness and emotion over the very recent loss of her SOULMATE?! It just makes her seem false.

all I know is that I see no way for there to be a happy ending... I know michael won't be coming back as a star of the show. Yes they talked him into doing some sort of dream squencey thing but pretty much that isn't good enough for me I hardly even enjoy this show that has been part of my life for so long:-( EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH ALIAS HAS FREAKIN LOST THEIR MINDS!

HEEEELLLLLOOOOO!! HAS ANYONE NOT BEEN WATCHING THE PAST FOUR SEASONS, HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED IT FOR THIS LONG BECAUSE IT IS AN AWESOME SHOW, JJ WILL NOT DISAPPOINT, HE HASNT SO FAR, AND I CANT HARDLY SEE HIM DOING IT NOW.

HEEEELLLLLOOOOO!! HAS ANYONE NOT BEEN WATCHING THE PAST FOUR SEASONS, HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED IT FOR THIS LONG BECAUSE IT IS AN AWESOME SHOW, JJ WILL NOT DISAPPOINT, HE HASNT SO FAR, AND I CANT HARDLY SEE HIM DOING IT NOW.

Speaking for myself only, the disappointment in this season has a lot to do with why there were changes in the cast. For the first four seasons, whether they were together or not, the relationship between Sydney and Vaughn was always present and a part of the story, a part of HER, in some way, shape or form. It feels like Vaughn's death was not originally planned and that it just facilitated another agenda not related to the show.

I think most of us have stuck by Alias because it was an awesome show, but it still has an awesome cast, now minus one very important person. Obviously, Season 3 was not as successful as JJ would have wanted and that was truly a disappointment. That's when we learned that JJ was extremely talented and creative, but imperfect. Season 4 was blah - an attempt to bring the dialobolical but genius Sloane back onto the same team as Sydney and Jack - but it wasn't a successful vehicle to bring Alias back to its former glory of Seasons 1 & 2. Season 4 was partially salvaged by the return of Irina, but the addition of Nadia did not do what it was intended. And the absence of a uniformly recognized adversary, i.e. Sark, was a huge mistake.

Season 5's plot device of bringing back the SD6-type of group is a great one, but the "death" of Vaughn, whether a plot twist or an actual death, has given Alias fans (the ones who weathered and forgave JJ for Season 3 and just waited for Irina to appear in Season 4) the virtual finger. You don't have to be a S/V shipper to appreciate how much that relationship (along with the one between Sydney and Jack) was a part of the Alias foundation.

I am enjoying Alias's running plot with Gordon Dean, but it's hard to wait for something that may never happen - a palatable resolution to Vaughn's "death" and his long-hidden identity. It's been hard to watch and not hope. At this point, I can only pray they won't "dream" Vaughn back into the show for the sake of ratings. That would be too akin to Bobby Ewing in the shower on Dallas. (I'm dating myself!). Maybe Alias producers will be able to pull a rabbit out of their hat while JJ continues to concentrate on his other projects. One can always dream. But, it's not JJ's role to disappoint or please because make no mistake, he's not calling the shots now. He's too busy with MI3 and Tom Cruise.

But, it's not JJ's role to disappoint or please because make no mistake, he's not calling the shots now. He's too busy with MI3 and Tom Cruise.

You can say that again! We all must know by now that JJ is no longer involved nor does he have time for Alias.

And don't forget Lost. Lost was second to my Alias obsession until the death of Vaughn. Lost is incredible and I only hope and pray it doesn't go the way of Alias. Two amazing, well-written seasons and then tanks after.

omg! i so agree. i feel really bad that vaughn had to die. even if michael vartan decided to get out of the show, they should've thought of something better than what they did to vaughn's character! i'm beginning to hate the show because all this time i was thinking how perfect everything was in alias.

it's already been at least 5 episodes since vaughn's death and i know a lot of us are expecting to see him again. and i'm getting really impatient!

i know alias has the ability to come up with impressive and believable stories on why the characters do what they do. so maybe for now i'll try to wait and see.

And don't forget Lost. Lost was second to my Alias obsession until the death of Vaughn. Lost is incredible and I only hope and pray it doesn't go the way of Alias. Two amazing, well-written seasons and then tanks after.
I agree, but the loss of Vaughn after I've invested 4+ years in this soulmate romance, has left me without the desire to really watch. I used to live for 'Alias"...now it just seems dry. There's no passion, and none of the characters seem sad about Vaughn's death. If they bring him back as a dream, I might actually quit watching. That could be the last straw for me. Sorry to admit, I'm so pissed they killed him off, that I'm not watching 'Lost'...my way of boycotting the network and creator that made THE worst decision in tv history!

I just think it's sad that so many people have really stopped watching all because of Vaughn. And the fact that they may be

Having him be back and alive.

Just so those people keep watching is also sad. The ratings have been bad before, but now it's really because people only care about Vaughn, and if they've been watching the past few weeks they would notice these new-found dynamics that are really working.

But it looks like

You'll get what you want, because of those pictures of Vaughn on set we saw. Not to be rude but...

Happy now???

Some fans only watched for the S/V relationship, which I think went sour as soon as the third season began and never became the same again. It's not fair to the writers, who are doing an incredible job this season, but no one notices that because they are too busy focusing on Vaughn.

Sure SYD seems strong, but doesn't it bother you that she shows zero sadness and emotion over the very recent loss of her SOULMATE?! It just makes her seem false.

Okay, first of all, there was three months between the funeral and when she showed up to see Renee at the end of the first episode. That's not time enough to get over him completely, but it is time enough to get a grip on herself. Think about this: when was the last time you saw Syd really smile? She kind of forced a smile to tell Weiss congratulations on the new job but since then I haven't seen a smile at all. She was never what you'd call a "chipper, cheerful" person but she certainly could see a joke and would smile. And since Vaughn died we haven't seen a genuine smile at all from her. Why? BECUASE SHE IS SAD about Vaughn dying. And probably the only way she can handle the loss is to just shut down her emotions completely.

Speaking for myself only, the disappointment in this season has a lot to do with why there were changes in the cast. For the first four seasons, whether they were together or not, the relationship between Sydney and Vaughn was always present and a part of the story, a part of HER, in some way, shape or form. It feels like Vaughn's death was not originally planned and that it just facilitated another agenda not related to the show.

. . .

You don't have to be a S/V shipper to appreciate how much that relationship (along with the one between Sydney and Jack) was a part of the Alias foundation.

I am enjoying Alias's running plot with Gordon Dean, but it's hard to wait for something that may never happen - a palatable resolution to Vaughn's "death" and his long-hidden identity.

I do have to agree with this. I mean, maybe JJ had some great inspired storyline he wanted to tell that he couldn't tell w/ Vaughn in it. I don't know. I'll wait and find out. But I definitely do want there to be some *reason* for Vaughn having died!

Michael Vaughn is not dead because JJ Abrams is not stupid. In any show that people like, the good guys always win and the main characters usually live save one tragic character who usually dies as a sort of sacrifice or repayment/penance for the bad things that they have done. This allows them to right all wrongs with an ultimate sacrifice. Who better to sacrifice but Sloane.... or maybe even Jack, or possibly Irina, but not Vaughn. Besides I have been informed from command central that Vaughn began filming again with Alias 11 days ago. I think that the falling out that he had with Garner/Affleck was all publicity. All of you Alias light-weight/fair-weather fans shouldn't turn off the boob tube and start whining. All great shows have dark times, that is what this is - a great show in a dark time. Besides, there are too many loose ends concerning the Michael Vaughn/André Michaud story line. Hang in there folks, just like last season started out slow and went out with a huge bang, this season will go out with a bang; and when the smoke clears, you will see Sydney and Vaughn, arm-in-arm with their baby. I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt it. :cool:

Call me hopeful, but I don't think they can bring him back when he didn't really go anywhere to begin with. :P

I agree and I hope that Vaughn is still on the show because he is the best part. Now it's just depressing to watch. I hope that I don't have false hope.

Hey thenaks for being positive and and I totally agree with you Vaughn theory!

I am currently watching all the Alias seasons again, for the 4th time :D on DVD. I'm up to Phase One of s2. I noticed things, mostly because I'm watching them knowing Vaughn isn't who he says he is and I saw some stuff I've never noticed.
Okay, so several times, like maybe 5, in especially S1, they would always show various characters taking a sip from a beverage. They would like zero in on the whole process of picking up the container of liquid, pouring the liquid into the glass, the glass itself, and the person drinking it. If this is something the writers have been focusing on ever since the beginning, maybe we're overanalyzing the part where they focused on the cup and straw in the S5 premeire (n)
But the other thing I noticed was in S2 when Vaughn is sick from the Mueller device. He's in the incubator and Sydney comes by and tells him she needs his blood to take with her for the antidote. They hold hands and then vaughn kinda spaces out, just for a second and they Syd looking worried. Next thing Vaughn says is THE EXACT SAME THING HE SAID RIGHT BEFORE HE WENT INTO CARDIAC ARREST IN S5!!! which was, "I'm so tired". Then he's beeping because he's bleeding internally and the doctors come and whisk him away....
Holycow!!! Does this mean anything?
I really want Vaughn to be back and alive and I want Syd and Vaughn and Isabelle to live happily ever after!!!!
:blush:

Kristin has now confirmed that she did not see Michael on set last week, that he only filmed one episode, and most likely will not be back this season (info courtesy of MV's "people")...

^i still don't believe it, i'll believe it when i see it

marshallismyhero-i've been saying that to myself over and over. JJ wouldn't screw the show over. i agree with you 100%

I'm actually kind of dreading 5.07 when Vaughn "returns". I think it's a dream sequence, they're just going to use the opportunity to emphasize to us that he's really dead, and all it's going to do is reopen all the wounds caused by his pointless removal from the show.

I've finally gotten past Syd losing yet another person she cares about - the most important person in fact - and am willing to go with the new characters and Syd's new mentoring role. IN fact, I'm enjoying the season so far.

All bringing Vaughn back in a dream to tell me he's really truly dead is going to do is remind me how much I miss the S/V shipper stuff, and make me upset again.

Back