Season 5 Micheal Vartan

I for one am fairly certain that he will be back. I have been convinced since I heard about this and I am still convinced. First of all, JJ Abrams said that what happens in the beginning is not what it seems (and that the MV storyline is being blown out of proportion) and MVartan said that he's not leaving. Not that these things can't change, but after seeing last wk's episode, I am pretty sure he's not completely off the show. I will admit, unfortunately, that he probably isn't a regular, at least not now. This is only my theory and speculation, but I think it makes sense, since it IS Alias: I think Jack is hiding Vaughn. When Syd told him that she was pregnant, Jack said he'd do anything to help both of them. He also said that when he himself was suspected of working w/ Irina, he was sent to jail. Meaning, Vaughn is in serious trouble, since he WAS working w/ the Renee woman, and since he's seriously hurt, he can't fend for himself. Therefore, Jack arranged for his "men", who he always seems to have on hand in these situations, fake his death, including a fake funeral. We don't actually see Vaughn die. This can't be a coincidence, nor a coincidence that Vaughn doesn't die right after he's shot 20 times. (The Dr even gave hope, which is ridiculous otherwise, but it leaves an opening for him to come back) When they take him away, Syd looks sad, but she's not mourning, in the hospital OR at the funeral. In fact, Weiss and Marshall aren't either. They were all planning on how to hide Vaughn anyways, before his heart machines went off. The main thing that gives it away for me were the looks btwn Syd and Jack @ the hospital and the funeral. Again, SYd isn't mourning, she's wondering "is this going to work?" And then, call me crazy, but I saw a look of satisfaction on Marshall's face when they got him into the hearse, as if to say, "it worked!" Remember, he's breaking a million laws! Anyways, as far fetched as this is that Vaughn would survive the gunshot wounds and that he would come back to life, I believe that the S/V fans will care more about the fact that he's not really dead than the fact that it's totally unrealistic and typically redundant of Alias. And I think that the writers know that and know they can get away with it with many of the fans. If I'm wrong, I will be seriously disappointed, since, for me and many others, the S/V relationship has been very integral to the storyline and it would be a huge letdown to have it end like this. Just look at the first 2 seasons! That's just my theory!

For me it doesn't matter if he is back for a few episodes or not. I am done with Alias. I find I can no longer even watch the reruns. When they killed Vaughn they killed Alias for me. Ratings are going to reflect this feeling that many of us have.

For me it doesn't matter if he is back for a few episodes or not. I am done with Alias. I find I can no longer even watch the reruns. When they killed Vaughn they killed Alias for me. Ratings are going to reflect this feeling that many of us have.

I am afraid that I am almost with you on this one.
While watching Episode 2 I lost it and started yelling at the TV. I can't take this anymore. I am sick and tired of all of this. I just had this overwhelming wave of hatred towards ALIAS and I know that is blasphme on this site, but I don't know what to do. I am so mad. It is all just pointless and stupid!!!
I can't stand ALIAS right now... and I am obsessed... I have the bag, all the episodes, books on JG, etc. etc. etc.... I have even got tons of people hooked on it too, but this is it. I AM STEAMED!!!!!! :angry:
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!?!?!?!

While all of that "Its just a tv show" stuff is true... It is just not the same. I just can't take it without Vaughn, sorry. I think it is (hands down) the stupidest thing JJ Abrams has ever done. Ultimately I feel this will be the end of the road for Alias. If JG wants out too, I don't blame them for trying to salvage the series with new talent, but I just feel that they are going about it in entirely the wrong way. Fans won't forgive them for it either.

I'm curious--I have read several places where there is an 83% chance that MV will come back--where do they come up with that percentage? I mean it's kind of silly--did they ask him to come back 100 times and he said yes 83 times? Just sounded funny.

While all of that "Its just a tv show" stuff is true... It is just not the same. I just can't take it without Vaughn, sorry. I think it is (hands down) the stupidest thing JJ Abrams has ever done. Ultimately I feel this will be the end of the road for Alias. If JG wants out too, I don't blame them for trying to salvage the series with new talent, but I just feel that they are going about it in entirely the wrong way. Fans won't forgive them for it either.

My sentiments exactly! I won't watch another episode of Alias.

On the 83%, I also wondered how they came up with that.

in one of the last scenes of episode two, jack and Syd were talking at APO and neither of them ever said that vaughn is "dead". They alluded to it but never said it. Syd said things like "he should be here" but nope...never death. So, who knows.... I am a wishful thinker though.

I apologize in advance if this is posted elsewhere (I am going to do it in MV thread also), but if you look closely vaughn/vartan have NOT been removed from the abc websites!!!! Ah-ha, is it a possible clue just like JJ is feading us for LOST?

You have to manipulate the system, but if you type in his name in the address bar at certain parts, it brings him up. Granted it is old information & pictures, but they are still there!!! I have hope!

They've removed everythign having to do with him. They don't even have the character bio for Vaugh even though he's still an integral part of the show. wtf?

[edited] He has stated time and time again that he loves being on the show. His character is vital to the show. WHy would JJ just obliterate the relationship he spent 4 years building?

Dumbest move ever.

Do NOT discuss that gossip here. It won't hurt to read the thread rules.

I agree that if he is really dead that the show wouldn't be the same, but we all need to calm down a little and remember that JJ Abrams does the most outrageous and unrealistic things on television. I really doubt that Vaughn is really dead, or maybe that wasn't really him. There's always a catch with this show. Not to mention, if JJ wants us to believe he is really dead so he can shock us when he comes back, of course he is going to be removed from the website and the credits. Instead of completely giving up with the show, just give it time and keep watching. There are lots of clues that indicate that he isn't truly gone and that they faked his death. Just try and enjoy the craziness that is Alias and wait for him to come back. I guarantee he will. At least that is what I choose to believe.

in one of the last scenes of episode two, jack and Syd were talking at APO and neither of them ever said that vaughn is "dead". They alluded to it but never said it. Syd said things like "he should be here" but nope...never death. So, who knows.... I am a wishful thinker though.

I noticed that too, but I thought I was just grasping at straws.
And to everyone that is saying that it is just a show... you are right it is just a show... a show that we have all put a lot of time, effort, and money into and I think we deserve more respect for all of that.
JJ has totally abandoned us for stupid LOST and I feel like they are just like... "whatever"... they act like they don't care... well, we do and so either cut it all together, don't waste all of our time with this felgercarb and turn it into pointless rambling that doesn't make any sense or have any purpose, or jump back onto the ship and fix what has obviously been DESTROYED!

They've removed everythign having to do with him. They don't even have the character bio for Vaugh even though he's still an integral part of the show. wtf?

[edited] He has stated time and time again that he loves being on the show. His character is vital to the show. WHy would JJ just obliterate the relationship he spent 4 years building?

Dumbest move ever.

Do NOT discuss that gossip here. It won't hurt to read the thread rules.

I was thinking about that too. They talk about Vaughn all of the time but have removed his bio and information... it doesn't make sense... unless... blah blah blah... sorry

If you're sorry, why even make inferences to something you KNOW you aren't allowed to discuss? Follow the rules before posting, or you won't have to worry about posting at all. -Jinnie

here's a clue to vaughn's return. in searching for vartan on google i came across this site listing his tv appearances -> TV-now.com Michael Vartan's Current Month TV Schedule he's listed for the Oct. 27th show. This would mark vaughan's return for Ep. 5.

On that website he is listed in ALL season 5 episodes, including the second episode, which we know he didn't appear in and was removed from the credits. It just looks like they either haven't updated their website or they are in the denial bubble [g]

~ipopy

Back