Michigan Football

KateJones47 said:
AliasHombre said:
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Michigan 35</span>    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Ohio State 21</span>  

Enough said.
actually not enough said. you failed to mention that Craig Krenzel had to leave the game for quite a while because he was hurt so bad that they wouldn't even take off his shoulder pads until he was in the locker room! and there were quite a few very bad calls in that game, but I guess the refs can't always see everything!

well, I'll try to be a good sport: congrats Michigan, you brought your A-game! :D

and remember, next year you're coming to visit us! :P
yeah, well OSU was just as bad. They should've been called on alot as well, but they weren't.

KateJones47 said:
AliasHombre said:
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Michigan 35</span>    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Ohio State 21</span>  

Enough said.
actually not enough said. you failed to mention that Craig Krenzel had to leave the game for quite a while because he was hurt so bad that they wouldn't even take off his shoulder pads until he was in the locker room! and there were quite a few very bad calls in that game, but I guess the refs can't always see everything!

well, I'll try to be a good sport: congrats Michigan, you brought your A-game! :D

You forgot to mention that the backup played better then Krenzel did. And you hurt one of our star recievers on his first catch.

woohoo I'm glad Michigan won. I can't stand OSU at all. They barely win most of their games. Now OSU will drop below Texas in the BCS, but Michigan is likely to leap over Texas with the win.

AliasHombre said:
KateJones47 said:
AliasHombre said:

Enough said.

You forgot to mention that the backup played better then Krenzel did. And you hurt one of our star recievers on his first catch.
well of course the backup played better, he wasn't hurt like Krenzel was when they put him back in!

and you hurt another one of our players too!

Bradhadair @ Nov 22 2003 said:
yeah, well OSU was just as bad. They should've been called on alot as well, but they weren't.
I know, I was saying that both teams should have been called on a lot more than they were. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough! ^_^

Must 🤤 Post 🤤 John 🤤 Navarre 🤤 Pics

16.jpg

jn802.jpg

OMG OMG OMG :woot: MY NEW DESKTOP!

bkg_navarreTradition.jpg

s_navarre_i.jpg

9navarre.jpg

270984_1_navvare_thumb.JPG

:thud: i've died and gone to heaven :cloud9:

U-M quarterback Navarre reaping benefits of work
By Jeremy Speer
Life Sports Editor
August 29, 2003 Feedback

Michigan quarterback John Navarre has endured early-career criticism to become one of U-M’s most prolific passers.
Victor Fitzsimons • Central Michigan LifeIt was just one game, but for Michigan senior quarterback John Navarre, it seemed like an eternity.

Thrust into the spotlight after an injury sidelined star signal caller Drew Henson, the then-redshirt freshman experienced success in 2000 throwing seven touchdowns in opening season wins against BGSU and Rice.

Then came the UCLA game.

The perception of the once-hot Navarre shifted with a nightmarish performance in Los Angeles. In his first road start of his career, Navarre was just 8-for-28 passing, including a game-deciding interception that quelled a Wolverine drive. Suddenly, Michigan’s backup savior became the local media’s hottest topic of criticism.

“I was young and inexperienced,” Navarre said of the UCLA game. “I just tried to get by on talent. I needed to bring the mental part of my game along with the physical part.”

Raw and inexperienced are two words now absent from Navarre’s description. Entering his fourth season as Michigan starting quarterback, the thick-skinned thrower is on track to set multiple U-M passing records.

“Now, he’s at the top of his game because he’s worked hard at it,” said CMU Head Coach Mike DeBord, who is the coach of Navarre’s season opening opponent. “He’s overcome some people coming after him. He stood tall and took it and now he’s reaping the benefits.”

What DeBord will see in Navarre is a quarterback now mentioned in the same breath of U-M greats Tom Brady and Elvis Grbac. He has made such a stride that he has been nominated for postseason awards and his NFL future appears bright.

“My confidence is very high right now,” Navarre said. “That’s just a result of experience. I’ve been through everything over and over again.”

Junior Braylon Edwards has been a benefactor of Navarre’s development. The receiver experienced a strong season in 2002, gaining 1,035 yards and scoring 10 touchdowns. Edwards attributes much of his success to the development of his quarterback.

“Its a very good situation that not a lot of receivers get,” Edwards said. “You know him inside and outside. John makes good decisions and never leads you astray. When you have a guy like that, all you have to do is catch the ball.”

While his strong-arm and decision making abilities are most notable on the field, it is Navarre’s leadership that impresses teammates and coaches.

“It is great playing with John,” said tailback Chris Perry. “You can trust him. When you make a mistake, he puts you in your spot. It’s great to have a quarterback who knows what he’s doing.”

Confidence and leadership did not come natural for the senior. Navarre struggled to stay positive after the UCLA debacle, admitting that he let distractions affect his play. Now Navarre believes in his team and in himself, and his teammates have noticed.

“I’ve seen him take a lot of criticism and he was to a point where it cracked him three years ago,” Edwards said. “Nothing gets to him now. He gets our attention.”

Much is on the line this season for the No.4 Wolverines. With a favorable schedule, a Sugar Bowl trip is not out of question. They return their most experienced offense in seasons, and talent abounds at nearly every position.

“My personal goals are right in line with the team goals,” Navarre said. “I just have to do my job and stay consistent. A championship is always mentioned here. We have the talent and the right attitude.”

There is no doubting Navarre having the right attitude. This is the new John Navarre, the one who has grown up during his time on campus more than any other student.

“He went through unprecedented criticism and there naturally is a tendency to feel sorry for him,” said U-M Head Coach Lloyd Carr. “The truth is, this is one of the greatest experiences a person can ever go through. He has become a stronger person, grew up and became a man.”

:love:

Back