Title: Mickey
Author: moi! (li'l roo)
Genre: A little on the humorous side
Rating: PG - tiny bit of swearing
Summary: Sydney is a new student at her school and coincidentally is paired up
with Michael Vaughn who takes on the role of her buddy. If being a new student
isnt hard enough, Sydney struggles with school stereotypes, schoolwork and
fitting in.

Before reading the chapter, it might be a good time to warn you that... I'm not a cheerleader. My knowledge of cheerleading doesn't really go on any further then the movie 'Bring It On' so I apologise in advance if I offend cheerleaders or anyone in particular at all :thinking: Also if something doesn't sound quite right about the schooling system and what not, please just smile and nod or just tell me, because I only know what it's like in Australia and it might be different else where.

Chapter 1​

“M – I – C – K – E Y – M – O – U – S – E. Who’s the leader of the club that’s made for me and you...”

“Oi Weiss! Buddy o’pal! Not cool mate!”

“What’s not cool? Us winning the game?” Weiss did a take back and stared at the closed shower door. “That was a big game you know! They were top of the table!

His friend opened the door and walked out of the shower, a towel wrapped around his waist.

“You tool – not that! The game was awesome. Your singing is the thing that ain’t cool. What are people going to think when they pass the showers and hear you singing about a Walt Disney character? You’re ruining our ‘tough guy’ image!”

Weiss rolled his eyes at his friend. “For your information Michael Vaughn, the 'people' wouldn’t think that. Dude, they’d know that YOU were in the showers and run over to the ventilation windows and try to see you naked.”

“What? Weiss, stop talking felgercarb.”

“Ah, I’m not mate. Look, proof.” Weiss pointed simply to the windows.
Michael turned to the windows and saw a group of girls huddled around the windows. Caught like deer in a car’s headlights, they all froze, turned red and disappeared from view.

“Poor girls,” Weiss started saying, “They’re never going to live that one down.”

“Poor girls? What about me! How long have they been there for? How do they get up there? Those windows
are like, eight fee hight! Sugar! I’m not wearing anything either!”

“Ah no worries, you’re in a towel. Some girls have said they’ve seen you in a lot less.”

“WHAT!” Michael whirled around and faced his friend. “They’ve done that before!” He gestured towards the window and to himself.
“Sure. You should be proud. You’re like dream therapy – the girls take one look at you, and they dream.” Weiss smiled. “Plus, it’s common knowledge round here with the whole looking-in-through-the-shower-windows thing.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Haven’t you ever wondered why the guys get changed so fast after swimming? The girls have exactly the same set up next door...”

“How would you know?”
“Apparently, you didn’t let me finish. Apparently the girls have exactly the same set-up next door...” Weiss looked away shamefacedly.

“Oh my god. I’m so embarrassed!” Self-conscious now, Michael hurriedly started pulling on his clothes, being careful not to let the towel droop.

“Ah mate. See that’s where you think wrong. As I say – you got it, you flaunt it.” And with that Weiss walked over to the mirror above the hand-basin and started flexing his muscles.

“Oh my god!” One of Weiss and Michael’s team mates came out of the shower. “I think I’m going to be sick!” He ran to a toilet cubicle, slammed the door and pretended to throw up.

“Oh! I know you’re just jealous!” Weiss yelled out to the closed door.

“Seriously Weiss, I wouldn’t do that.” Michael said.

Weiss made his last ‘muscle man’ pose and then pulled a shirt over his head.

“And, you didn’t answer my question either.” Michael added.

“What question was that? I’ve forgotten.”

“How do people get up that high to see in through those windows?”

“You know Lauren? The head cheerleader girl?” Upon seeing a nod from Vaughn, Weiss continued. “Well, at the try-outs, the girls have to perform these moves where ‘someone stands on someone else’ type of thing. Even if they don’t get in to the team, they have to perfect the moves for the trials. So, why waste good talent if you can use it to see Vaughn naked?”

“That doesn’t explain how you see the girls though.”

“Oh, so you wanna know about that?”

“No, I don’t. I just know you’re not co-ordinated enough to be a cheerleader or do cheerleading stunts, that's all.”

“Oh that hurt,” Weiss clutched his chest. “That hurt, that cut deep Mike.”

“Shut-up you. Are you ready yet?” Michael zipped up his bag and looked around the room once more to check if he had missed anything. “I’m going.”

“Wait a minute.” Weiss ran clumsily around the room, trying to pick up all his gear. “I’m coming!”

“See ya guys!” Michael called out to the rest of the team, still in the showers. “Good game, I’ll see you all at training next week.”

A series of grunts and ‘ok’s’ answered him.

Satisfied, Michael walked out of the change rooms with Weiss in tow, only to be greeted by cheering and applause.

“What the!” Michael asked his friend through gritted teeth.
“Hey dude! It was a big game!” Eric pointed out, and then continued to bow and curtsey, lapping up the crowd’s attention.

“You are such a loser man,” Michael said shaking his head.

“You know you love me. Besides, I’m not a loser. Well, not today anyway. We beat Ferny-Side, so I’m a winner!”

“If your nose was any higher in the air... And c’mon! Let’s just get out of here.” Michael replied, grabbing hold of his friend’s arm and yanking him – mid bow – causing him to stumble.

“Hey! That’s not cool! Please allow me my three seconds of fame!” Weiss protested.
“Weiss – you didn’t even play today. You were on the bench.”

“Minor details my friend, minor details.” Weiss bowed his head one last time, and followed his friend down the pathway created by the crowd.
‘Lo and behold, at the very end of the path, the cheerleaders were standing in position ready to perform.

“Please no!” Michael silently prayed.

“Yes please!” Weiss pleaded out loud beside him.

“Ready? OK!...”

Weiss’ prayers had been answered, as the sound system started blaring the cheerleaders signature routine music out.

“AMEN!” Weiss yelled, adding a few wolf whistles too, as the girls performed daring aero moves and flips.

Michael stood uncomfortably next to his friend, not wanting to do anything except leave.

A few minutes later the routine had finished, and the girls stood in pose, nodding to the crowd.

“Let’s go now please!” Michael pleaded and signalled to his friend.

“Wait a tick, I don’t think they’ve finished just yet.”

“Why do you think that!”

“Instinct... Plus, they watched our game today so it’s only fair that we watch them. I mean, c’mon! They do all that training and the person they do it for doesn’t even wanna watch it. That’s just not cricket!”

“That’s right dude! It’s not cricket. It’s soccer. And the cheering? That's not for me either. I’m on a TEAM. There’s no ‘I’ in team you know. And today WE won. Together. Team work. Team effort. Therefore, it’s a TEAM commendation.”

“Mike – you are the team,” Weiss simply said, shrugging his shoulders.

“So not true.” Mike rolled his eyes.

Lauren, head cheerleader relaxed out of her pose and signalled for quiet.

The crowd obeyed and loudly she announced, “And now for our newest cheer, it’s dedicated to the star striker – Michael Vaughn!”

“See! Your’re the star strike-” Weiss was interrupted by a hard punch delivered to his upper arm by Michael.

“Seriously, you are the one that scored ALL the goals – the whole six of them.”

“Only after they had been set up by everyone else. I’m going now.” Michael started to walk away.

“Shut-up and enjoy the show!” Weiss pulled his mate over to the bleachers and plonked him down.

“Ready? OK!"

The starting announcement of the new routine stirred interest from the crowd.

"Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey!"

“Oh my gosh! Why are they –“ Michael turned to his friend. “WEISS!”

“What...” His friend replied, sheepishly.

“Why are they singing the ‘Mickey Mouse Club’ theme song about that ‘little Walt Disney’ character?”

“Because they like Mickey Mouse?” Because...” Weiss’ voice faded out when he met Michael’s eyes.

“Ahem?” Michael prompted him. “Why?”

“Because your name is Mickey?”

“Who calls me Mickey, Weiss?” Michael prompted him again.

“Somlalk...” Eric mumbled.

“Sorry. I didn’t quite catch that. Who?” Michael asked.

“Sophia.” Eric mumbled louder.

“And who’s Sophia? Tell me Weiss.”

“Your little sister.” Eric said, staring at the ground. He was silently wishing that the ground would swallow
him up.

“And how old is Sophia, my little sister, Eric?”

“Nine...”

“And why does my nine-year old little sister called Sophia call me Mickey, Weiss?”

“Because she likes Mickey Mouse. And when she was younger your dad used to call you Mikey, and she couldn’t say that so she called you Mickey.”

“So Weiss... Why are the cheerleaders now using that song as a cheer then? How would they know?”

Weiss let out a painful breath. “I didn’t mean to tell her!”

“Her?” Michael asked, eyebrows raised.

“Lauren,” Weiss blurted out. “Head cheerleader girl. Wait a sec, I’ll take that back. HOT head cheerleader girl. She asked me if you had any nicknames and it just came out. You know what I’m like when I talk to girls, especially hot ones. I can’t control what I say!”

“I know!” Michael said knowingly. “But I still can’t believe you said that.

“I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, you will be. Trust me.”

“Ohhhhh, I’m scared.” Weiss said, pretending to tremble.

“You should be. C’mon let’s get out of here. I’ve got people to see, places to go...”

“Diner on the corner?”

“You took the words right out of my mouth.”

And together, side by side, they walked off towards the diner.

------​

A/N: Also with the case of my other fic, this one is posted on another site, so there's chapters that have been published there. I'm just a little unsure and also a little curious as to what people from allalias will think of 'Mickey'... :thinking: So I'll wait a little to see whether I should post again. The next chapter however, contains Sydney :D and I'd love to post it!

Please tell me your thoughts

kirst

i knew i had read this at sd
i love it there and i love it here
but i think u should definatly keep on posting here
sd's kinda dying down or is it just me that thinks that?

i luv it
i can't wait for more
please update
n soon
and please add me to the pm list when u do
thanks

luv Chicketepee :seehearspeak:

~ Chapter Two ~

“Oi Vaughn!” Weiss madly pushed past people in the crowded hallway trying to catch up to his mate. “Vaughn!”

His friend looked up in surprise at the sudden appearance of his buddy.

“Hey!”

“Missed ya at training this morning. Where the hell were you?” Weiss asked.

“Um, yeah, sorry ‘bout that.” Michael closed the door of the office he’d just come out of.

“Hang on a sec...” A confused look passed across Weiss’ face. “Why did you just come out of the principal’s office? Is that why you had to miss training?”

“Kinda. There was something I had to do,” Michael said hurriedly.

“What! There’s something more important than soccer for Mr ‘Michael-must-have-nine-hours-of-sleep-before-each-game-Vaughn? Who’d have thought!” Weiss said sarcastically.

“Don’t be like that mate. C’mon, at least I gave you warning that I wasn’t going to be there.”

“A text at 5:30 this morning? I never even knew that there was a 5:30am till I got that message this morning. Besides, it lacked the juicy details of why you were missing training.”

“That’s because I knew no details.” Michael was interrupted by the shrill sound of the ten minute warning bell. “Was Coach angry?”

“No,” Weiss said, gesturing to Michael to start walking. “Let’s walk ‘n talk. Coach seemed to know but wouldn’t say where you were. There isn’t anything I need to know is there Mike?”

“Nah, not at all. The principal just wanted to talk to me that’s all.” Michael shrugged his shoulders as if it did’nt matter.

“Is it about Saturday’s game? Is he angry about the whole cheerleaders thing? ‘Cause I’ll talk to him if you want me to.” Weiss said, his voice full of concern.

They stopped at their side-by-side lockers (assigned alphabetically), pausing only to throw their bags inside and grab books for their first two classes before continuing on.

“It wasn’t about the game, though he did congratulate me on the team’s effort.” Vaughn stopped for a moment and then started to speak, a smile playing on his lips. “It was just about the whole looking-through-the-shower-window situation actually.”

“Oh my GAWD! NO!” Weiss stopped in his tracks. “What did you do? You didn’t tell him about that did you? ‘Cos that’s just harmless fun Vaughn, it’s not like anyone gets hurt and we-” Weiss’ babbling was interrupted by a roar of laughter from Michael.

“Oh geez, the look on your face is priceless Weiss! I’m just joshing with you!” Michael said, continuing to laugh.

“Mike,” Weiss drew a deep breath. “Never joke about serious things like that.” Weiss put his hand on his chest and breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

“But the truth comes out now doesn’t it, hey?” Michael poked his friend’s arm teasingly.

“So what did the principal want?” Weiss asked, wanting to change the subject.

“Subtle there... The principal wanted to talk.”

“Duh, I would never have thought.”

“Promise not to say anything or tell anyone?”

“Hey! You’re talking to Eric Weiss – master of secret keeping.”

“More like secret blabbing.” Mike said, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, that’s probably right on par,” Weiss said as he shrugged his shoulders. “But that’s never stopped you before.”

“I know, I never learn.”

“So what’s this whole secret thing about?” Weiss nudged his buddy.

“I got a phone call last night to meet the principal and it turns out we’re getting a new student.”

“Really? That’s awesome! Is it a guy? ‘Cos if it’s a guy, we really need a new goalie on the soccer team.”

“Hate to break it to you Weiss, but you’re the team’s goalie. Why do we need another?”

“I just spent a whole morning at training with balls getting kicked at me left, right and centre. One hitting me where it kinda really hurts, so I wouldn’t argue with me if I were you.”

“Ouch,” Michael winced. “Good point. By the way, how’s the knee?”

“What knee?” Weiss said, confused. “Oh, I mean, the knee is ok. It was a great idea to sit off from Saturday’s game.”

“You know if you hate being goalie so much you could come and play in the field. Marshall covered alright for you last week in goals, so he could take over from you. Or you could just quit soccer altogether.”

“Quitting is not an option. I need all the girl action I can get. And I don’t think the chicks would recover if I quit.”

Michael scoffed in response.

“Be quiet you. And besides, Marshall is...” Weiss tried to think of a good describing word. “-Marshall. And also, playing in the field requires running and I don’t run. That’s why I’m goalie. And that’s why you’re going to get the new student to become the goalie. I can be sub then! It makes sense, because usually they pair new students with people who have the same interests. So this guy must belike, gun at soccer! And then he can do all the goalie work and get all the blame when you lose, and I can still get the chicks, the glory and the satisfaction from being in the team! See! It’s perfect!” Weiss pumped the air triumphantly with his arm.

“Except for the fact that the new student’s a girl.”

“Bugger!” Weiss exclaimed, slapping his thigh in the process. “There goes that plan! Oi, then why are you paired up with someone who doesn't play soccer?

“Well, I got given her timetable with some of the info they gave me about her, and it turns out that she does all the subjects I do. Except she doesn’t have any spares – she’s got grade nine home economics instead for some reason.”

“Darn, there goes that idea too.”

“Weiss? What idea?” Michael asked, even though he knew what was coming.

“I was wondering if she was hot. But if she does your subjects she’s not going to be. No one in their right mind would do all those sciences and maths if they were hot. It’s just not cool.” Weiss avoided his mate’s eyes.

“Hey, that’s so cheap mate. And not true. For all you know, she might be real cute.”

“Cute and hot are two completely different things. Your sister is cute, but Rachel Bilson is hot! But didn't you get a photo of this chick with her profile thingy though?”

“Nup, they didn’t give me one. All that I know about her is her timetable, what she likes doing and where she moved from.”

“Mmmm,” Weiss said, not listeming. “But she might be alright though, mightn’t she? When do I get to meet her?”

“Oh Sugar! I have to go and get her from student services now! Tell Mrs C I’ll be in form late, ok?” Vaughn nudged Weiss.

“Mmhmm.” Weiss replied, not reacting at all.

“WEISS!” Michael said louder, trying to wake his friend from his daydream.

“Yep, tell Mrs C, got it. See ya.” And Weiss walked away, leaving Michael standing outside the student services door alone.

Vaughn pushed against the heavy door and was immediately hit with the cool air-conditioned air. The lady at the desk greeted with a smile.

“Michael, we’ve been waiting for you. Come through to the side office and we can fill you both filled in.”

Shivering from a mixture of nerves, cold and excitement, Michael walked into the office space. Sitting next to the counsellor Mrs Tralton was someone that Vaughn assumed to be Sydney...

I love it already
It may help that I love soccer I think more than I love breathing
But still!
You put together my like 2 favorite things, soccer and alias!
AMAZING!
Can I get a PM, please

Thanks to everyone who's commented on this story so far!

Disclaimer: I don't own Alias.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shivering from a mixture of nerves, cold and excitement, Michael walked into the office space. Sitting next to the counsellor Mrs Tralton was someone that Vaughn assumed to be Sydney...
“Um, hi.” Vaughn said, looking at the girl on the couch.

“Hey,” she said back, lowering her eyes.

Mrs Tralton, the counsellor cleared her throat and began to speak a tad too enthusiastically. “Sydney, this is Michael – your handler slash carer slash partner in crime. Michael this is Sydney who you are to look after. Please make her feel welcomed. As you might know, she’s doing all your subjects and is in all of your classes, so if either of you two have any problems; come straight back to me. I’ll let you two talk for a little bit while I go and print out the final documents for Sydney. Ok? Make yourself comfortable Michael, and I’ll be straight back.”

With that, Mrs Tralton walked out of the office, closing the door firmly behind her.

“So... How old are you?” Michael asked, sliding onto the chair opposite Sydney.

“I’m turning fourteen soon.” Sydney answered, tucking a piece of long chocolate brown hair behind her ear. “Why do you ask?”

“Just wondering... But-” Michael paused for a moment and crinkled his brow in thought. “Why are you doing my subjects if you’re only meant to be in grade nine?”

Sydney shrugged her shoulders. “My dad wants me to, and they’re fun and easy enough for me to do. Plus I’m in grade nine for home economics.”

“Why is that?” Michael asked.

“Oh, only because my idiot of a home ec teacher at my old school tried to fail me.” Sydney rolled her eyes.

“Serious? What did you do? At this school it’s so easy to pass. See my mate Weiss, he's proof of it – he still doesn't know how tothread a needle – and he passed with flying colours!”

“It was like that at my old school too. But this teacher was a sexist old cow, and I made this sweater.”

“You made a sweater! Jeez, you deserve a medal!” Michael exclaimed.

“Yep. I thought so to. But it just happened to that I wrote a message on the front of it which kind of related to her... And she wasn’t too pleased. So she failed me.”

“Bummer. But you definitely deserve a medal for making a sweater.”

“Nuh-uh, I deserved an award! The teacher left after that incident and that was about two months ago. I’m still getting text messages from the kids at school!”

“Must have been a gumby of a teacher then. I hope you don’t mind me asking, but why did you move here? I mean, it’s the middle of a term and we’ve got exam block in a fortnight. Are you doing the exams?” Michael hoped he wasn’t being too intrusive.

“Nah, it’s fine. I’m doing the exams, they’ll be ok. But if it was my decision, I would have waited, but my dad was transferred. It was apparently urgent, so we came here.” She explained.

“Really? What does your dad do?” Michael asked.

“He works for Jennings Aerospace. Don’t ask me what that means, cos I don’t know. I’ve asked him to explain somany times before, but each time the answer gets more and more complicated. So now it’s just; he works for Jennings Aerospace.”

Michael was about to speak but was interrupted by the opening of the door.

”Ok you two. Time to stop gasbagging now. Form class finished ten minutes ago and you’re meant to be in your first class. Sydney, I’ve organised a meeting next week to see how your first week went. Here it is, and here are the notes that your mum and dad have to sign. Mrs Tralton handed over a card withthe meeting time and also a wad of forms.

“My dad.” Sydney said, taking hold of the papers.

“Sorry dear? What was that?” Mrs Tralton asked.

“It's just my dad. My mum’s dead.” Sydney turned away and packed the forms into her bag.

“Oh I’m sorry. How sad for you!” Mrs Tralton reached for Sydney.

“Um. It’s ok. It was a long time ago.” Sydney backed away from Mrs Tralton’s sympathetic gesture. “Hey Michael? Can you show me where my locker is? I’ll put my bag there before class.”

“Of course,” said Michael, catching the note of urgency in Sydney’s voice. “Thanks Mrs Tralton. I guess I’ll see you round.”

“My pleasure Michael. And thanks for your help. Good luck with the game this Saturday, you played exceptionally last week.” Mrs Tralton walked behind her desk and sat in her swivel chair. “And Sydney, same time, same place next week, ok?”

“Yeah, ok. Thanks.” Sydney slung her bag over her shoulder and followed Michael out the door.

Michael held the student services door open for her as she wandered out into the empty corridor. Sydney paused, taking in her surroundings and then started walking in the direction of the lockers.

“Don’t you hate that?” Michael asked, breaking the silence.

“Sorry? What?” Sydney turned around and was shocked to see that Michael was still standing outside the doorway. “What did you say?”

“Don’t you hate that.” Michael repeated. “Don’t you hate that when they apologise and say they’re sorry when it’s not like it’s going to do anything to help? They’re not going to bring them back. And they weren’t the reason that they died in the first place. I justhate them saying sorry.”

“Sorry isjust asocially acceptable term.” Sydney looked down at her information sheet. “Locker 47. Where’s that?”

“A little further down.” Michael replied, looking curiously at Sydney. There she was, desperate to change the subject, trying every possible way, when he understood her predicament. He decided to keep talking. “They don’t seem to understand that it doesn’t matter if it was yesterday or ten years ago that you lost someone – it still hurts the same.”

Sydney kept walking, showing no reaction on her face what-so-ever.

Michael kept talking, his voice echoing through the empty hallways.

“These people, they don’t know what it’s like to lose someone who’s so close to you. I reckon it changes your perspective on life. I used to-“

“Look. I don’t want to talk about it ok? I just want to find my locker and get rid of some of this stuff alright?” Sydney quickened her pace once she had spied her locker.

“I know what it’s like, that’s all.” Michael said, matching her pace.

“What, did your great-grandma die five years ago? Oh no, that’s so sad for you. Boo-hoo. What a shame.” Sydney bent down to her lock and twisted the assigned combination into the dial.

“Actually no. It was my dad.” Michael said, his voice cracking with emotion.

“Oh.” Sydney stood quickly and bit her lip. “I didn’t know. I just assumed... People always... I’m, I’m-“

“It’s ok.” Michael adjusted his books. “We should probably hurry up.”

Sydney took one last look at Michael, knowing that deep down, what she’d said was terrible. Her stomach sank. One of the first things her mother had taught her was to be quick to listen and slow to speak. Yet here she was, doing the exact opposite to some poor guy who was in the same boat as she was.

“I’m sorry mum,” Sydney whispered silently.

She finished quickly at her locker and followed Michael to their first class in solemn silence, unsure of what to say or do to make the situation any better.

“So we have Japanese first.” Michael explained to Sydney, knowing full well that she wasn’t listening. “Sensei is pretty cool. I’ll tell him that you’re new and he’ll go easy on you, ok?”

“Mmm.” Sydney replied, her mind a million miles away.

Michael knocked on the door that they had stopped outside of. Upon hearing a reply from the inside, Michael entered, Sydney in tow.

“Sensei, Osokunate sumimasen. Ohayogozaimasu.” (Teacher, Sorry I’m late. Good morning.) Michael bowed his head in the formal Japanese greeting.

“Hai. Michael kun wa, dozo. Ohayogozaimasu. (Yes. Welcome Michael. Good Morning) The teacher gestured for him to take a seat, but reacted when he saw Sydney. “Dare desuka?” (Who’s this?)

“Sensei, this is Sydney-“Michael began to say but was interrupted by a surprising voice.

“Sensei, ohayo gozaimasu. Watashi no namae wa Sydney desu. dozoyoroshiku. Watashi wa atarashi no seto desu. Soshite sukoshi kincho o shimasu.” (Good morning teacher. My name is Sydney. Nice to meet you. I’m a new student. And I’m a little bit nervous.)

“Hai, wakarimashita.” (Yes, I understand.) The teacher clapped his hands with glee. “Sydneysan, nihongo ga joozu desune!” (Sydney, you’re so good at Japanese!)

“Iie. Mama desu. Nihongo ga sukoshi hanasemasu.” (No. I’m average. I can onlyspeak a little Japanese.) Sydney looked away in embarrassment.

“Honto? iiyo. Boku wa oaide kute ureshii desu.” (Really? Well, I’m pleased and happy to meet you.) The sensei ushered Michael and Sydney to their seats.

Just like Michael, the whole class were like stunned mullets, staring in disbelief at the new girl.

“Oh my gosh!”

“What did they say?”

“What the!”

“How?”

“Who speaks Japanese like that?”

The questions were spread around the room like a rapid fire.

“What was that all about?” Michael asked Sydney, trying to talk over the other members of the class. “Did you take Japanese before?”

“No. I went on a holiday there once, and picked some of it up. My dad used to make crossword puzzles for me to in Japanese.”

“How long were you there for? You speak it like a gem!” Michael shook his head in disbelief.

“No, not really.” Sydney said, unsure of whether she should tell him the truth. “I was there for two and a half months,” she said honestly.

“Seriously?” Michael blinked in disbelief.

“Yeah. Dad had this conference thing there, and I was sent to a school there, so I had to learn the language. It was an experience...”

“Too right it would be. Oh gosh! Look at Sensei! His stunned. He’s never held a conversation before with anybody who has understood him for that length of time. He usually repeats stuff three or four times to us, then resorts to saying it in English. And still people don’t understand him. He’s over the moon!” Michael smiled, shaking his head.

“Oh no. Was I too much?” Sydney asked, a worried look on her face.

“No, just a bit unbelievable that’s all.” Michael said.

A tight smile crossed Sydney’s face. “Uh-oh,” she thought, “it’s going to happen again...”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And would you believe it! I updated, and in another language too (that's the Japanese... and it is meant to be Japanese). If there's any errors with it, feel free to tell me because I only learn it at school. And if it doesn't make sense to anyone, just pretend it does and smile and nod :lol: Actually, please tell me!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for replying to the last chapter!

Back