million dollar baby

what do people know about the story line in this movie? it's supposed to be on the downer side..
any info?

apparently stunning acting all around...

I should have posted a thread on this earlier when I went to see it, but quite honestly forgot! It was really really good. A bit long, but definitley very good. It will probably make you cry, as it did to the other two people I was with (it's very hard to make me cry with movies). Very touching, very sad. I'd recommend it to anyone in a second. :smiley:

I definitely want to see this when it finally comes to my area. Hilary Swank looks ripped in this - I read when she was training for the role, she gained ten pounds just in muscle!

I just saw this movie last night, and she actually gained closer to 20 pounds of muscle! That's just amazing.

Anyways, just like every year, my sister and I are on a quest to view all Oscar Nominated movies, whether for best pic, actress, etc. And let me tell you....

Hilary Swank will deserve another Oscar for this role.

That's it.

Go see it. It's worth every penny of admission to see this great movie.

I saw this tonight and wow, so good. I wanted Jamie Fox to win Best Actor for Ray, but after seeing this, Clint Eastwood deserves it hands down. He should get Best Picture and Best Director too. Amazing, but a very sad movie.

I still believe Jamie Foxx deserves the Oscar. His performance was MUCH better than Clint Eastwood's.

Clint was really pretty bad in the movie. I don't know. He should stick to directing, his acting just isn't what it used to be. The only time I really liked him onscreen was when he was on screen with Morgan Freeman, or at the very last fifteen or so minutes of the film.

Overall I would have rated him a C+ performance while Jamie Foxx was definitely an A.

victoriaellis said:
I still believe Jamie Foxx deserves the Oscar. His performance was MUCH better than Clint Eastwood's.

Clint was really pretty bad in the movie. I don't know. He should stick to directing, his acting just isn't what it used to be. The only time I really liked him onscreen was when he was on screen with Morgan Freeman, or at the very last fifteen or so minutes of the film.

Overall I would have rated him a C+ performance while Jamie Foxx was definitely an A.
[post="1188469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Jamie Foxx is the favorite, but we'll see what happens on Oscar night. Funny how a lot of people including his costars believe this is Clint Eastwood's best performance ever, but then again - what do they know? :rolleyes:

I just saw it this evening...I didn't think I'd care too much for it but I ended up loving it. Definetly worthy of all the awards it recieved (Especially Best Actress). It's hands down my favorite movie of the year.

This movie was all about the characters and their relationships. I loved it. It was a quiet film, but genuine. I sobbed my way through the last half hour, though.

I cried through the last half hour of this movie.

It's very emotional, and very well written.

Now I know why Hilary Swank picked up Best Actress for this role.

I want to get it on DVD as soon as it comes out.

I...I honestly don't even know what to say.

It was just...perfect.

I usually don't cry a lot in movies, but I could not stop BAWLING throught the last half hour.

That's the best movie I've ever seen.