Minimal body customization

Foxeye

Cadet
From ten ton hammers article:

For body type the whole body scales from thin to large, but no individual size adjustment is available for waist, hips, legs, etc. Apparently, allowing different waist and shoulder settings caused issues with wrapping textures around the models. To prevent this it is not customizable. Even without this, it is possible to create eerily realistic impressions of anyone you choose.

I saw a little of this in one of the videos from E3, but I was hoping I could get more clarification from someone who has seen it, because the video wasn't high enough quality to make things out. By scaling from "thin" to "large", what changes? Does it just scale someone up with the same proportions, or is muscle mass added?

I recall CoH (vaguely) as having a slider that allowed you to increase how large (height) and how heroic (muscles and, for the females, bosom size) the character was. Is it like this?

It's been said that body size will not be able to be changed because it would cause problems for the graphics stability or something.

/facepalm

*mutters to self "yes, it said that in the part I quoted, even"*

/beans Daax for paraphrasing part of my original post

I'll trade mercy for a 4-pack of Red Bull and some Better Cheddars....?

j/k ;)

Though if anyone lives north of San Francisco and has extra red bull to share, I wouldn't say no....

But but...but...I wanted trans fats. *forlorn expression*

*wonders if she should get back on topic, but concludes that this line of conversation is still somewhat related to body customization*

Body customization Daax ... and I have no clue how it'll work, so I can't add much more than... "good question!".

On Topic-ness FTW ;)

~ Jaraeth

As long as you can generally size your body, I'd rather have second best and have the game work, than what I exactly want and have the graphics glitch on me.

But you never know, they might discover a way to make it work from now to release.

I'm assuming it will work a lot like the CoH cc. It is possible that HJ will have 3 or 4 body styles to choose from like CoH (muscular, then, fat, etc), but not allow any customizations with particular body parts. As far as the large/small slider everything will pretty much grow and shrink in proportion, that way the all the armor/cloththing models is resize and are able to stay same proportion. It's really the only way to do it unless there was an armor model for each pice of body part that was resizeable.

At the very least I'm hoping they will have a couple body type choices for us.

Originally posted by Daax@May 19 2006, 08:29 PM
A couple? From what I've seen they literally have hundreds to choose for every bodt part.
We're talking physical appearance of body form... thick shoulders, thin waist, thick hips, or purely thin, like a wimpy mage. There a dozens upon possibly hundreds of "looks" to change from a persons facial features and clothing... what of how athletic, brutish or wimpy they look? from the video's perspective, there is only a few.

~ Jaraeth

I would LOVE it if they had a few different body types to choose from, but I have a hunch that if they don't have customization otherwise for body type, then they won't have choices.

I just wish that the default male model had narrower hips. I like that triangle look...wide shoulders, narrow hips, lean muscles. ^_^ The current ones are ok, but not nearly as sexy as the female models are (from a woman's pov, anyhow).

Originally posted by Daax@May 20 2006, 03:59 AM
Who was it that wanted to make a really fat, ugly, old woman? Show yourself, dammit!!!
It was actually me, and I still hope I'll be able to.

Body size scales, but proportionally. If you want your hot gearknightress to have a particularly small waist she's not going to have huge knockers.

And there are many, many ways to make an ugly, ugly person.

Goat

Originally posted by HJ-Goat@May 21 2006, 09:24 AM
Body size scales, but proportionally. If you want your hot gearknightress to have a particularly small waist she's not going to have huge knockers.

Goat
phew good. I'm sick of seeing characters that look like they work on the ab master whenever we log off.

Originally posted by HJ-Goat@May 21 2006, 02:24 PM

Goat
Awsome! Thanks Goat! Is their an age meter?

Back