Miracle

that was great...

After the movies were over, both Sydney and Vaughn fell asleep, thinking about their run in with each other at the video store. Something happened between them tonight. It was a sense of familiarity in their eyes. There is a saying that stipule that the eyes are the mirrors of the soul, well tonight something more was revealed, but neither of them knew how to deal with this since both were involve with other people. They both chased away the bad thoughts to concentrate on happier dreams.

that was so sweet.... :D... update soon... and just to say it again... I LOVE THIS STORY... hehe... :D...btw... is vaughn's team going to get the really cool coach like in the movie miracle??... jw even though it doesnt really have anything to do with anything...

((Sweet Dreams))

:shock: that was SOOO good CJ!! *runs around screaming*
and you know what? for once, i wasn't completely confused about all the different locations. it all makes sense.
that was so cute at the video store *squeal* s/v are way too cute together.

alice wants him to move to CHICAGO? :jawdrop: NO! not happening.. :nonon: that can NOT happen.. he can't be seriously thinking of moving can he?

*paces nervously*

but it's good to see that his relationship isn't THAT great with alice :D

ok whoa whoa whoa wait.. WHAT pills did danny take? is he ill? sick? does he have a disease? *runs around screaming* he has to tell sydney, she's a doctor for pete's sake! :Ponder: or maybe it's just vitamin pills and you put it in there to just make us think? hmmm.. somehow i don't think that's the case

WADIA?!?!?! is nadia sydney's sister in this? do they even KNOW that they're sisters? is that just a coincedence? :Ponder: you're making me think soo hard here CJ!

“The spy life doesn’t seem too bad. You get to use cool gadgets, drive nice cars, kill a few bad people, make out with a pretty girl and all in a day’s work.” He said munching on his pizza
*bursts out laughing*
classic quote, too classic

the last paragraph was so cute. they were thinking of each other awww :love:

wednesday april 20?!?!? AN UPDATE! YAY I CAN DO A COUNTDOWN! :happydance:

wednesday april 20 is in precisely.. 10 hours.. 6 minutes and 26 seconds

*squeal* that is not so far away! :P

luv juju :harp:

👋 Good Morning Guys!

Ok first off answers to some questions:

1. Sydney and Nadia are not related in any ways, shape or form. Sydney is Jack and Laura's daughter while Nadia is Sloane and Emily's daughter.

2. Laura Bristow died in a car accident when Sydney was 6 yrs old and Nadia lost her mother Emily to cancer.

3. Jack and Sloane have been CIA agents for over 30 yrs now.

4. Will is a journalist for the L.A. Times and Francie is about to open her own restaurant.

5. (Scoop) Sark is Vaughn's half brother. Will see Sark in an upcoming chapter.

2nd of all, Here is the PM list. Thanks Guys :smooch:

Addicted 2 Alias
alias=mylife26
aliasfreek
Bubbles
Cailin
freakyfan
hannahb
KAliasGirl
luckylass
oooRevesDouxooo
Sabella
ubielecki
vartanchik68
vaughnshoney

Now here is the latest chapter, as promised...be kind and review! :P

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 4: Friend for Sale</span>

Danny’s Place

Danny got up first off the bed and after watching Sydney one last time, he decided to let her sleep for a little while longer, since she hasn’t had a lot of sleep in the past few weeks. Now looking at her, she looked so peaceful, even smiling in her sleep.” Must be a nice dream she having,” he said out loud He then headed to the kitchen for his morning ritual consisting of a tall glass of orange juice, some Frosted Flakes and a strong cup of coffee.

Once in the kitchen, he sat down with his breakfast and the Los Angeles Times.

“Let’s see what’s going on in the world today.” He said as he turned to the first page and started reading an article. Mid-way trough the morning paper, his hands started shaking once again. For the past few weeks, he experienced little hands tremors that would usually go away after a little while, but since last night, he wondered if something wasn’t really wrong with him. His shaking lasted longer now and required him to take more medication. His friend Jake told him that those caffeine pills are safe since they’re sold without a prescription in any good pharmacy, but now Danny was beginning to worry. He knew that the pills could be addictive, but the truth is that he needed them. His body craved the effect of the caffeine going through his blood stream and calms his tremors, at least until the next dosage.

He placed the newspaper down and walked to the bathroom for his morning dose. With shaky hands, he finally opened the bottle and took out two pills before quickly swallowing them with a little bit of water. As he turned around, he saw Sydney standing there with a puzzled look on her face.

“What are those?” she asked as she took a step closer to him

“Nothing, there are just some vitamins. “ he lied

“Let me see.” she said extending her hand for him to give her the bottle

“Syd, come on, it’s nothing. There’re just vitamins, I said.” He snapped at her

“Well, if they’re just vitamins, then you won’t mind if I take a look, now would you?”

“ I don’t snoop into your things, then why do you want to snoop in mine?” he asked as he tried to hide the bottle in his hands

“What’s wrong with you, you’re sweating?” she said touching his face

“I said I’m fine.” He replied defensively

“No, you’re not fine…whatever it is, you better tell me right now …or I’m walking out of here. Are you taking drugs?”

“No, oh, God no. They’re caffeine caplets. They’re perfectly safe. My friend Jake gave them to me.

“Danny, those are dangerous and addictive. How long have you been popping those pills?

“A few weeks now, I need them for the long shifts at the hospital. How do they expect us to stay alert and save lives when it takes everything you have upright and focus during those long hours? You can’t drink pots after pots of coffee, these little babies keep me awake and I can do my job. It’s okay to drink plenty of coffee, as long as it comes in a cup, right? Well either way, you consume a lot of caffeine.”

“Danny, it’s not the same thing…these pills if taken for a long period of time, can cause severe heart damage, especially if there’s a family history of heart disease …just like in your family.”

“I’m fine Syd. I’m in perfect control of the situation. Stop worrying about me, “ he said taking her hand, “Come on let’s grab some breakfast.”

Sydney just let go of his hand and took the bottle from the shelve, “Danny, didn’t you hear what I said…these pills can kill you.”

“I said I’m fine.” He said angrier by the second

“Hey, I’m doing this for you. These pills can cause Diarrhea, insomnia, dizziness, irritability, incontrollable shaking of the extremities, tachy cardio, anxiety, vertigo, migraines, spasms, sinusitis, extreme fatigue, nervousness and so on.” But those are only the minor side effects.

“That’s not gonna happen to me, beside most medications have side effects.

“Worst case scenario, “ they cause abdominal bleeding, anxiety, confusion, deliria, extreme fever, convulsions, ulcers, arrhythmia and blindness.”

“Syd, come on. They can’t be that bad, they sell them on open shelves at the pharmacy, for god sake. Anyway, I need them for my 48 hours shift at the hospital.”

“I’m not giving you back the pills and that’s final.” She said as she turned around and started walking towards the door, the bottle clenched in her hands.

“Don’t do that, give me back my pills.” Danny shouted as he grabbed her by the arm and accidentally pushed her against the wall

“Ow! Let go of my arm. Danny, you’re hurting me.” She said with tears in her eyes

“Don’t ever tell me what to do, you got that.” He said as he punched the wall beside Sydney’s head as she tried to break free of him

As Sydney pulled her injured arm free of Danny’s grip, she hit the side of her face against the doorframe. The angle of the impact hitting her on the corner of her right eye and cheek. She immediately felt the swelling grow by each passing seconds. She slid down the wall and sat down on the floor and rubbing her right arm. As she rolled her sleeve, she noticed the fingerprints that Danny had left all around her wrist. The tears started flowing as she tried to understand what had just happened between them. She knew his irrational behavior was the results of the pills…but she never thought in a million year, that he would ever lay a hand on her…ever.

After sitting on the cold ceramic tiles for what seemed like hours, she finally got up and marched to the bedroom to gather the rest of her things. She peeked in the kitchen and saw Danny sitting there with his hands on his face, unable to say or do anything that would undo what he just did to the woman he proclaimed to love more than anything.

As she opened the front door, they exchanged a quick look that said it all. Finally she was the one that made it clear for him, “ you wanna kill yourself, well don’t expect me to stand by and cheer you on. It’s over Danny.” ‘And with that she closed the door

Vaughn’s house

Vaughn just came back from a grueling job on the beach. Tatiana had the day off today and there was no practice today, so he was extremely happy to have the day to do whatever he felt like. This morning he woke up feeling happy and relaxed and he caught himself smiling as his thoughts rested on Sydney. “She’s quite a woman and probably to good to be true”. He said to himself smiling even more

He made his breakfast and sat in front of his small TV at the end of his counter and flipped the channel until he heard the newscaster announce that on the next segment, they would have an interview with Dr. Sydney Bristow. He placed his fork down and turned up the volume. As soon as Sydney’s face came in view, he couldn’t think that she was the most beautiful woman he ever saw in his life. An internal dialogue started playing in his head
“You must stop dreaming about her, man she out of your league.”
“But I think I’m falling for her, but how can it be, I barely know her.”
“Man, you’re in trouble.”
“Yes, I think I am.”

Sydney was talking about the Epilepsy Fundraiser that was coming up this Saturday. She said they would be auctioning several items in order to raise enough funds to buy new equipment and continue to fund the multiple research started at the hospital. Monetary donations are also welcomed but as she gave the phone number for the inquiries, she invited the people to be generous and participate in mass at the fundraiser.

Vaughn took down the phone number and went to his office in search of items to auction off on Saturday. He was searching through several boxes, when he heard the doorbell. It’s Weiss standing there with coffee and bagels, like every morning for the past few years.

“Hey Vaughn, can I come in? Or am I disturbing something?” he asked as he saw Vaughn a little out of breath and a trail of sweat rolling down his forehead

Laughing at his friend, “Sure come on in. You can help me with something.”

“Had fun last night, thanks for asking. The club was crawling with important people. Too bad you couldn’t come with us.”

“That’s good Eric. What do you think of that? Vaughn asked holding one of his hockey jerseys.

“Need help with your wardrobe buddy? Need to be more specific here buddy, what is it for?”

“ It’s for the Fundraiser on Saturday, they’re asking for items to be auction off.”

“Oh well, if I looked like you, I would auction myself off, after all Mike, it’s for charity.”

“I’m not gonna prostitute myself. Come on make yourself useful and help me pick out something that people would pay a lot of money to have. Look in that pile over there.”

“What I meant was that a lot of women would pay a lot of money for a night on the town with a nice looking gentleman like yourself.”

“Really, no. Are you serious?”

“Have any other great idea here Mike?”

“No, not at the top of my head…but I’m sure together will come up with something decent.”

“You know I would do the dinner thing, but Nadia would have my head on the next chopping block…and let’s not mention, what she would do to my balls.” He smirked

“That’s nice, thanks for the visual.” Vaughn said laughing

“So why the sudden interest in the auction?”

“It’s for the children…wanna help the children.” He said sipping his coffee

“It’s about a woman, isn’t it?”

“What makes you say that?” he said trying to avoid eye contact

“I never seen you that enthusiastic…since…since ever.”

“Fine, her name is Sydney…Sydney Bristow.” He said with a big grin on his face

“And where did you meet this angel of yours?”

“Last night at the Blockbuster. We talked…we laughed. Man, I’m telling you she has the most beautiful smile I ever seen.”

Clicking his fingers in front of Vaughn’s face, “Earth to Mike, Hello!”

“Well anyways, we exchanged numbers, it’s a long story. She’s probably involve with someone…didn’t see a ring though…so definitely not married, but…”

“Did you listen to yourself? You have a major crush on her, any fool could see it.”

“I think I do. What am I suppose to do now?”

Hanging Vaughn the phone, “Call her.” Weiss said smiling

“And say what?”

“How about the auction or whatever…you can do this.”

Taking the phone from Weiss’s hand and dialed Sydney’s cell phone number. After the second ring, she answered.

“Hello!”

“Eh Sydney, it’s Michael …Michael Vaughn…you know the guy you ran into last night at the video store.” He said babbling away

“Hi Michael, how are you?”

“Fine, I …I was wondering if we could meet for coffee or something. I really want to see you again. “ What the hell he though, might as well go for it and tell her the truth

“Today is not a good day for me, I…” she said looking at the bruise on her face from her rear-view mirror

“I understand you’re busy. Silly me, you probably have a ton of patients to see. Maybe another time then?”

“How about tomorrow we meet at the park, let’s say 8:30?”

“Sure see you there and Sydney…have a nice day.” He said smiling

She smiled, “you too and Michael, thanks for calling.”

TBC

So what do you guys think? :thinking: I'm in serious need of a :beta: know anyone that could help me out? PM please.

Have a good day and talk to you all very soon!

:starwars:

CJ

loved it, it was really good, I can't believe Danny hit her, Vaughn needs to save her :love: :lol: I can't wait for their date! *beams* :D

looking forward to the next update! Thanks for the PM :smiley:

Loved that.. so glad she dumped Danny. Can't believe he hurt her like that. Can't wait for their date at the park.. so good CJ. Update soon please.

Thanks for the PM

I'll beat for you! :woot: I'd love to! :hug: you can pm me!!

that was an awesome chap and thank you for answering the questions at the start, it really helped!

soo.. is this final? the break-up btween syd and danny? it's bad that he got addicted to them.. and he has a heart disease trait in his family oh jeebus :Ph34r: that's baaaad..

LOL! loved the weiss/vaughn scene.. always hilarious as usual.. it's good that he called her!

YAY! i can't wait for the next chappy!

luv juju :harp:

Imma gonna kick Danny's @$$!!!! WATCH OUT BOY! I'M COMIN!

Lol glad he's gone. Now time for the S/Vness! WOOOOT! :D

Hehehe thanks 4 the PM

Aly xx :angelnot:

that was so good... aww... and danny hit her... :eek: .. but sydney and vaughn are gonna get together... hopefully anyways... :love: i would beta for you but i think i would suck at it so o well.. :D... but you know ... anyways... update soon

((Sweet Dreams))

:boxing:

Questions???? :talk:

1.Will she fall for Danny's tricks? or will she gives Vaughn a real shot?

2. how do you think Vaughn should react to Sydney's bruises?

3. what's the best method for Vaughn to break up with Alice? phone, in person, via e-mail? let me know

4. how much would you be willing to pay for a romantic evening with Vaughn? (that should be fun!!!!)

Come on people let's play guessing game!

:eek:ldhi: HAPPY ALIAS DAY GUYS!

First off: thanks to simonvsvaughn who agreed to become my Beta. thanks a lot. Much appreciated! :blowakiss:

:welcome: new member: Brinne :hug:

Next Chappy: “Barefoot in the Park.” Should be up next Wednesday.

In the meantime, here are some SPOILERS for the next chappy: ㊙️

1. S/V go on their breakfast date

2. Sark shows up in L.A. with his latest conquest Supermodel Kara.

3. Vaughn's hockey game...meeting with Will...should be interesting.

Enough chatting and on with the show: :woot:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 5: Bruised Ego and Frozen Peas</span>

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Sydney left Danny’s place and drove around L.A., trying to find somewhere to go instead of home. She knew that she would face Francie and Will soon enough and that they would have questions regarding her bruises and right now, she needed some time alone to figure out what her next move was going to be.
After driving for almost two hours around town, she finally pulled up in the driveway. Sitting in her Black Range Rover, she took out her compact mirror and looked at the marks that were becoming more apparent by the seconds. Her right eye and wrist now wore the results of violence inflicted by Danny a few hours ago and no amount of denial could excuse such a behavior committed by a loved one.

She hurried up the front steps and entered the house with files and keys in her hands. As she entered the house, she listened for few seconds and when no one came to greet her at the door, she knew she was all alone, at least for a few hours. She went to the kitchen and saw Francie’s note for her taped on the fridge door.

“Syd, hope you had a nice time at Danny’s. Will is working late, so it’s just you and me tonight. We’ll have ourselves a girls night in. Hope you’re up for it. Will pick up dinner on my way home. See you later. Love Francie,” she signed with a little smiley face at the end.

Sydney read the note and tears started rolling down her cheeks. What was she supposed to say to her best friend? She felt like such a fool. How could she have been so wrong about Danny? So many questions and no answer to help ease the pain she felt in her heart.

She never thought in a million years that he would hurt her like he did this morning. She can’t believe that she thought even for a minute, that he could have been the One. Now, looking at her bruises, she knew she made the right decision to leave him. It’s never easy to end a relationship, but she always said to herself that if a man ever raised his hand to her, she would be leave in a heartbeat. Nobody deserves to be treated this way physically or emotionally. Nobody,” she said agreeing with herself. She quickly undressed and sat in the bubble bath and tried to relax for an hour or so, as the fight from this morning kept playing in her head. As a physician, she is trained to detect and help people deal with their addictions. How could she have been so blind?

An hour or so later, she heard the front door open and foot steps coming towards the bathroom.

“Syd, are you in there?” Francie yelled as she knocked on the bathroom door

“Hey Fran, you’re home early.” She replied as she was caught by surprise

“Yeah, the contractor didn’t show up, his son has the flu…so we had to reschedule for the end of the week. You know what Syd; I don’t think I’ll ever open that restaurant of mine anytime soon. It’s a freaking nightmare.” She said leaning against the doorframe

“But enough about me, why don’t you get out of that tub and come and tell me how your date with Danny went last night. “ Francie said walking back towards the kitchen

“I’ll be right there.” Sydney replied getting out of the tub and placing a towel around her

After a few minutes, Sydney carefully entered the kitchen and sat down on the stool while watching Francie with her head in the fridge in search of something to pig out on.

“Bingo, found some ice cream and cookie dough. Syd, you want some?” she asked as she turned around to face Sydney

She threw the ice cream back in the freezer and went around to sit beside her best friend, “Syd, what the hell happened to you? Did Danny do this? Because if he did, I swear to God, I’m gonna kill him…or better yet, have Will kill him.” She said angrily

“Fran”, Sydney said placing her hand on top of Francie’s, “ it was an accident, he didn’t mean to strike me…it was my fault, I provoked him.” She said on the verge of tears

“What happened?” Francie inquired

“Well, we had a nice evening last night. We rented a movie and spent a quiet romantic evening at his place. Fran, I should have known…I should have seen the signs. I’m trained professional for Pete’s sake. I deal with people like him all the time and I didn’t see the signs…or maybe I didn’t want to see them. Well, this morning, I saw him take some pills and confronted him…and…and that’s when everything went wrong. Bottom line, he chose the pills over me…over us. He said that he had everything under control and that I shouldn’t try to interfere with his choices in life.”

Stroking Sydney’s wet hair off her face, she replied, “ That Bastard! Syd, I’m sorry. I know that you liked Danny very much, but maybe it’s better that you found out now instead of way later. It might not seemed like it’s a blessing in the sky right now because you’re hurt and angry, but give it time…”time heals all wounds”…and especially broken hearts.”

“Fran, can you make me a promise? she asked and Francie nodded. “Don’t tell Will what happened.”

“Syd, Will is not stupid, he’s gonna take one look at you and put two and two together, you know that. That’s the journalist side in him.”

“I know he will, but I’m afraid of what is gonna do once he founds out.”

“I have an idea”, She said getting up from her stool and taking a frozen bag from the freezer, “here put this on.”

“Frozen peas?” Sydney asked with a raised eyebrow

“It’s gonna help with the swelling, trust me. My mom used to use bags of ice for my brothers after they got into multiple fights with the neighborhood kids. Red meat work the best, but we don’t have any we can spare…so frozen peas it is.” She said smiling

Placing the frozen bag on her face, she said, “Thanks Fran…Not just for this but for not saying I told you so.” She said with tears in her eyes

“Hey I never said I didn’t like Danny, I just said that you deserved better, that’s all. Syd, we both had our shares of bad relationships…but you’ll meet someone as wonderful as Will someday.”

“Well actually, I met someone last night and he asked me on a breakfast date tomorrow morning. I said yes, but I think that this, she said pointing at her bruised face, might scare him off, don’t you think?”

“Will see how fast the swelling goes down and maybe with some good cover up…we could hide the bruises. So tell me about this guy?”

“His name is Michael. He’s funny and very cute.”

“Hot cute?”

“Yeah, hot cute and he has the most beautiful green eyes I’ve ever seen. I don’t know… I’m not really ready to start a new relationship…it’s too soon. I just broke up with Danny this morning.”

“Syd, he asked you out for breakfast, not marriage. Just go tomorrow and see where this might lead. Who knows, you two might have met last night for a reason. Call it Kismet, Faith, or Destiny, but you need to go and found out if you two are meant to be.”

“Fran, always the romantic.”

“That me! Syd, you say that like it’s a bad thing, she said taking her best friend’s hand in hers, “I’m serious sweetie, you deserve to be happy and maybe this Michael is the One you’ve been waiting for all your life, if not, he could be a nice distraction for right now; It’s up to you.”

Laughing a little, “How do you do it?” she asked

“Do what?”

“Always find the right thing to say and make me feel better in the process.”

“I think it’s written in the Best Friends’ contract. I’m glad I’m here for you and always be, never doubt that for a second. Now how about some delicious coffee ice cream with whipped cream and tones of chocolate fudge?”

“Sounds good, let me go get the bowls.”

Vaughn’s House

Vaughn hung up the phone and couldn’t tear the huge smile from his face.

“If you could see your face right about now, Man…it’s priceless.” Weiss said while munching on his blueberry bagel

“She said yes to my invitation for breakfast in the park.” He said glowing from head to toes

“Ok Mike, first-date rule is: you have to illuminate the best parts of yourself…you know show off the things that you like most about yourself…physically or other wise. So in other words, be your charming self and everything will be fine.”

“Thanks Dr. Eric for that wonderful advice, but it’s not really a date. We’re just meeting for coffee in a very public place, that’s all.” Vaughn said impatiently

I’ll admit it’s not very glamorous, but it does give you an idea what the person is like first thing in the morning.” Weiss joked to a very frustrated Vaughn

“Can we drop it now, I’m nervous enough as it is?”

“You getting upset with me right now proves to me how much you really like this girl. Fine, I’ll drop it. So, he said clearing his throat to change the subject, “any more thoughts about auctioning yourself for the fundraiser next Saturday?”

“Yeah, but what if nobody bids on me, I’ll be the laughing stock in this town.”

“With looks like yours, I don’t think it’s gonna be a problem. Women will probably offer their first born, just to get a chance to breathe the same air as you.”

“Are you crushing or me or something?” Vaughn said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk

“What! Have you lost your mind! “Your cute buddy but not that cute.”

“Gee thanks.” Vaughn said with a huge smile

“Fine, sign me up for that stupid auction. He replied giving up with his hands in the air. ”So Eric, are you sure you don’t want to do it with me?”

“Well I’ve talked this over with Nadia last night and she made me promise that as long as the date is PG rated, I can go. So yeah Buddy, I’ll sign up with you.” Weiss said as he slapped Vaughn in the back

“Good, that way I won’t be the only fool on stage.” He said laughing

“Hey, you should know I’ve done plays before. I was born to be on stage!” he replied with his best Shakespeare’s impression

“Yeah! Yeah! To be or not to be, that is the question. Come on I’ve gonna go to practice
and I don’t want to be late.” He said dragging Weiss to the door

“By the way, when is Julian coming home?”

“If I know him like I do, it’s gonna be after he runs out of money or slept with every girls in Vegas; which ever comes first.”

“That’s our Julian. Ah! The pleasure of being 23, rich and good looking.”

“By the rate is going right now, he’s lucky if he ever sees his 30s.”

“He’s just having fun, you remember what it’s like right?”

“Yeah actually I do, but he can’t live on his good looks forever. He’s gonna need to find a job eventually.”

“Anyways, Nadia is making her famous lasagna tonight, wanna come to dinner?”

“Sure, should be done with practice around 2:00 pm, what time do you guys want me over?”

“Let’s say 6ish and don’t forget the wine.”

“Let’s go I’m really gonna be late now.”

Vaughn got in his 2005 red mustang and waited for Weiss to move his black SUV from behind him in his driveway, so he could be on his way.

“See you later buddy,” Weiss said honking his horn as they left in opposite directions.

TBC

ps: don't forget to watch tonight. :tvhappy:

🎸 :happydance:

CJ

I am happy that she was completely honest with Francie about what Danny did to her. Its good that she isn't hiding it. I hope her date with Michael will go well.

Thanks for the pm.

I just found out and read your fic...it's really worth my time :smiley:

I like the way you portrayed the relationship between Sydney & hers friends and Vaughn & Eric. Besides Vaughn is so, so sweet having a crush on Sydney.

I wish I could make an offer for him in the auction ..... :angelic: but I'm sure it'll be not a PG evening :woot: :eat:

Ciao Ari

p.s. Did you get my apologies's PM right?

aww... francie is so sweet.... by the way... are syd and nadia sisters?... have you said that before... sorry if you have i cant remember... anyways... update soon

Back