Horror Mirrors (2008)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Mirrors

Tagline: There is evil...On the other side.

Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller, Drama, Fantasy

Director: Alexandre Aja

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland, Paula Patton, Amy Smart, Jason Flemyng, Cameron Boyce, Erica Gluck, Ioana Abur, Mary Beth Peil, John Shrapnel, Tim Ahern, Julian Glover, Josh Cole, Ezra Buzzington, Aida Doina, Darren Kent, Roz McCutcheon, Adina Rapiteanu, William Meredith, Bart Sidles, Cai Man, Jingdong Qin, Anca Damacus, Tudor Stroescu, Liliana Donici, Aurelia Radulescu, George Dumitrescu, Irina Săulescu, Valeriu Pavel, Gregory Nicotero, Peter Sebastian Wrobel

Release: 2008-08-15

Runtime: 111

Plot: An ex-cop and his family are the target of an evil force that is using mirrors as a gateway into their home.
Mirrors (2008)

I liked the first film better than the second but both were completely watchable.
I know people that get creeped out by these movies to the point that they cover their mirrors right after watching. Makes me laugh.

Mirrors 2: When Max, who is recovering from a traumatic accident, takes a job as a nighttime security guard, he begins to see visions of a young mysterious woman in the store's mirror.

Mirrors concept is explored in the old Science Fiction film Journey to the Far Side of the Sun (1969)

Unlike the latter, the Mirrors concept has a horror element with science fiction undertones that creates an erie aura of dread when looking into a mirror. Your imagination pulls the concept to you.

The deaths are creative in that sense.

Keifer Sutherland does a good job in the first. Loved the water implications.

The second is a more personalized take on the same concept.

I give the first film a 4 of 5 stars and the second a 3.75 of 5 stars.

Certainly worthy of watching a few times to get the full effect.