MLB 2004 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoketRockets11 said:
Who pulled outta that deal anyways? Dodgers?
[post="1123724"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yep, it was the Dodgers. All of sudden last night, my brother (who, by the way, is a Sox fan) busted into my room yelling "Yanks didn't get Johnson!!!!" LoL

ALLOOUUU!! Yes, my Giants are close to signing Moises Alou. Damn, my team is really really old. We have a 2 year plan. After these next 2 years my Giants are gonna have nobody.

I connot believe that the Red Sox actually pulled it off. They were down 3 fricking games!!!! and for i think game 2 they lost by more the 10 points. gosh, that's a lot. Happy that Boston finally beat the curse but MY YANKEES?!?!?! oh well, game 7 was very very intense because everyone watching were at the edge of their seats.

Looks like the Yankees are going to pull off the trade for Randy Johnson. All that needs to be done now is for MLB to approve it, which is just a formality. Beltran will probably be signed next week. They are going to be loaded for bear next season. It's going to be interesting to see what they can do during the season.

iheartalias said:
That would be great! (y)

On a side note, Ed Wade better get off his @$$ and get the Phillies some new players. I have never been more convinced that he is the one that should have gone, not Bowa.
[post="1121154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Look at photos of Bonds as a Pirate.
'nuff said...
MC

I think the Dodgers are still trying to get rid of Green. I dunno what the A's are doing. Maybe Billy Beane knows something that all of us don't know by getting rid of 2 of his big 3 starters.

Bring on 2004. My Giants are ready. I'm so stoked. Too bad we're hella old. I think there are only 4 guys on the team under the age of 30. Noah Lowry, Jerome Williams, Deivi Cruz and Yorvit Torrealba. There might be a couple more depending on if Jesse Foppert and David Aardsma make the team.

I don't doubt Billy Beane at all. I think him and Brian Sabean are fantastic GM's. I know the people in Oakland are going nuts right now cause of the recent moves. But, isn't Danny Haren supposed to be a big prospect? Oakland's always full of those young rooks that step up.

I'm a Cardinal fan, so believe me when I say this, Danny Haren is going to be a really good major league pitcher. He is young so I wouldn't expect Cy-Young numbers out of him right away, but he will be very good. I'm glad we got Mark "Fox" Mulder, but it hurts a little bit to have to give up Haren to get him.

I'm sad to see Mulder go. I really don't like the A's since they're our bay area rivals, but I was always fond of the Big 3. It was just nice to watch good young pitchers. I watched Haren during the playoffs and was very interested in him. I was actually surprised you guys gave him up. But if there's one pitcher to trade for, it would be Mulder. He was the best outta him, Huddy, and Zito.

There have been TONS of teams trying to get at our 3 youngin's. Lowry, Foppert, and Williams. By far, the one with the most talent and potential is Foppert. But, we refused to give up our future stars.

The Giants would be crazy to trade away Foppert.
And yes, I was a bit surprised as well when Haren was sent west. But I am also extremely excited about what Mulder could do for our team. Beane knows what he's doing. You all out west are going to be impressed with Haren.

I'm excited to watch Haren this year. If there's baseball on I'll watch it so I usually watch A's games as well.

My Giants would never trade Foppert. Teams were offering us a lot for him and we refused to give him up. My favorite player is Noah Lowry though. I'm so stoked to see him pitch for a whole season this year. He showed a whole lot last season. I'm very fond of left-handed starters.

I'm excited to see what the Cardinals can do this season. I think we'll be ok. It's hard to replace Renteria and Matheny though.
I think the Giants could sneak up on some teams. They'll be pretty good.

Yeah Renteria is a stud. I was hoping the Giants would go after him. But your guys' lineup is still very solid. I must've been one of the very few non-Cardinals/Red Sox fans pulling for the Cards during the World Series. I'm a big Tony LaRussa fan. I've had a lot of respect for him ever since he coached the A's.

Thanks for Matheny by the way. I'm looking foward to seeing him throw some runners out. We were a little tired of Double Play AJ anyways. Brett Tomko is THRILLED we got Matheny. He was raving about him for an hour on the radio.

SecretAgentMan said:
the Yankees look like they've already won next year's World Series....especially if they get Carlos Beltran.
[post="1139135"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeh, seriously. Which makes me happy. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back