MLB 2005 Season

Ohhhhhh Cant wait I am dying for some baseball and my money is burning a whole in my pocket cant wait to go to some great games

Actually I like the Giants, and the Dodgers too but I am a DIE HARD Cubs fan, once a Cubbie lover ALWAYS a Cubbie lover, that and I am a glutten for punishment as well, so I can never really get off my Cubs obssession.

Atleast your curse moves up to the top and everyone will feel sorry for you now, haha. I can't say I like the Cubs, but I love Dusty Baker. Plus we just recently got WGN on are cable and we're so stoked we get to watch Cubs/White Sox games.

We have a curse too, we just haven't named it yet. Maybe the earthquake curse. The San Franciso Giants organization is yet to win a World Series. Dodgers fans remind us of that everyday. :angry:

LoL!! your excited to see Cubs/Sox games as a Giants fan thats ironic I have had 3 people say that to me today, LoL. I muist say I LOATHE the white Sox, well not really the team but I cant STAND the management. Hey our curse was always at the top we have 10 years on Boston before they won, they were onyl 86 years cursed we are 97 years cursed, LoL we are the ultimate losers, never made any sense to me cause some extremly talented guys have come out of that club yet they have the longest drought in history, they always manage to self destruct. Oh well I am glad Ryno is a hall of famer now Sandberg totally deserves it

My oldest brother's friend was a Sandberg fanatic. We used to argue all the time about who is better, Sandberg or Robby Thompson, hahaha.

I just love watching baseball. That's why I'm stoked we have WGN. Cause Cubs games are always pretty fun to watch. They had all the old Giants on that team. Ramon Martinez, Tom Goodwin, Shawn Estes used to be there, Billy Mueller was there too, is Calvin Murray still there? Plus you guys got our coaching staff. I miss them.

I don't mind the White Sox either. Don't hate them, don't really fancy them either. Do they still have Konerko?

Oh LoL. Yeah the sox still have Konerko but not for long the way they are going. Thats rue we do have tons of giants on our team, actually Shaun Estes and Calvin Murray are gone, and Martinez actually is gone too since the cubs signed Neifi Perez, Goodwin is still here but come spring training I dont think he will be here anymore, I dont really have a problem with the team its the white Sox management I loathe, well that and Ozzie, I see his face on tv and I just wanna throw something at my TV, all the man does is whine and complain about how unfair the city and the baseball fans are in the city, how they love the Cubs so much and could care less about the white sox, why does Wrigley always sell out and not the Cell, why do Cubs players get so much attention, whats so damn special about Mark Prior or Kerry Wood, why does Prior's injury get more attention that Frank Thomas, the cubs this the cubs that, its like the mans damn life revolves around the Cubs he has one nasty little Cubs complex

Well I knew Estes was gone. I think he's a free agent still. I had uhhh, lets just say a really big crush on him when he was a Giants, haha. I have his two autographed jerseys he's signed for me up on my wall. Too bad he sucks.

Oh that's right, you guys have Neifi. Haha, another former Giant. I liked Ramon Martinez though. He's a solid player, wish we could've kept him. Him and Benito Santiago were my neighbors. They lived less than a minute away from me, it was great.

Well it's true, the Cubs are way more popular than the White Sox. It's a fact and it's not like anyone's gonna change that. He does seem to whine a lot. But for some reason, I don't like watching AL games as much as I do NL games, you know? I dunno why. Maybe it's because my team is in the NL and I probably know more about NL teams, but I don't get into AL games. Except if it's good AL games like Bos/NY or A's/NY.

actually it took me a long while to figure out why I dont like AL games too much and I finally did figure it out, and its not just because my Cubbies are NL, but because I have noticed one thing (and maybe its just me) that the AL is all about hitting, they have hitters all over the place but the pitching is as up there as the hitting is, I am not saying they are bad pitchers, oh no they are pretty good too, but its not as big as the hitting I mean think about it in the AL most pitchers have ERA's between 4-8 some ven have crazy ERA's like 8.75 or someything like that, but in the NL your more likely to see a total Jem being pitched by the pitchers, I'll be biased and just use Kerry Wood as an example, In 98 Woody made a place for himself in history in his May game against the Astros, their he was a rookie some new kid and he pitched a beauty striking out 20 Astro's and pitched a one hitter, itrs just so good to see such awesomely pitched games, or Priors final start of last season when he pitched a 16 strike out game or Johnson's complete game, in the NL there are tons of good hitters but the pitching is so magnificent it makes it so much fun too watch.

Your right the Cubs are more popular, everywhere you go in Chicago you will find Cubs fans by the dozens, I will admit that yes they do play a little biased when it comes to the Cubs and Sox, I mean you go to Marshall Fields and you find sports store a disgustingly large Cubs display consisting of games, baseball's, bats shirts, jerseys, tank tops baby clothes and tons more, while you have to go to the back of the store to see the 10 Sox jerseys they have, so it bugged me while Ozzie whioned but I could understand it, its true everyone here really is biased and they really do give the Cubs more attention but thats cause the Cubs really have been the love affair of the city for years, thats just the way it is. But last seasn when Ozzie just whined day after day after day after day about how the fans in chicago are unloyal and how they give the Cubs more attention then they deserve, I found myself thinking well your just being an @ss whole I wouldnt want to go the The Cell, but then he took it too far when he started B!tching everyday about how the media is just as biased as the rest of the city adn fans for having a daily Mark Prior watch and hovering over him because of his injury while no one "Cares about Big Frank, Frank Thomas is our big guy and he is injured too, why doesnt he get this attention" thats whre I drew the line, I was like you know what Mark Prior is the second most important player on a team that is extremly beloved to this city and has a very national popularity and he is injured badly he missed over 2 months of the season and your crying about how the city wont give attention to Thomas, mind you Prior was ont he DL for 2 months and it was a huge blow to the team as he is our second best pitcher, while Frank Thomas was injured BUT he was still in the EVERYDAY lineup, he was playing while Prior was sitting their watching his team and was in utter frustration, Ozzie's whinning just gets to me, that and the Sox try WAY to hard to poke fun at the Cubs, I went to the Cubs-Sox game last year at The Cell and they actually had the nerve to play their little Anti-Cubs add on their board over there, I had to laugh because the stadium was filled with Cubs fans (MANY MANY MANY more Cubs fans then Sox fans) and they all booed so loudly I am sure who ever put the ad up was pretty embarrassed, besides I think that ad poked more fuin at the Sox then it did at the Cubs I remeber one of the lines of the Ad went something like this:

We (Sox): Need tickets dial 866-Sox-Game
They (Cubs): Need tickets Good luck

or something like that I dont remember exactly what it was but what was that supposed to accomplish, cause it sure as heck didnt make fun of the Cubs, all it proved was that EVERY Cubs game sells out while Sox games ONLY sell out when the Cubs are overe at the South side, like I said they try WAY too hard

Ok wow, dude, that was a long ass rant, hahaha. But I understand how you feel. I HATE the Oakland A's. They give us a lot of felgercarb since we haven't won a World Series. One of the billboards they have up in Oakland is:

4 World Series Rings
0 Splash Hits
Welcome to Baseball Country.

I was like, screw you idiots. They were making fun of our splash hits counter on the wall in front of McCovey Cove. I wanted to make a sign that said:

4 World Series Rings
8,000 average attendance
Suck on it Oakland.

Hahahaha. I just don't like them bay area rivals. Plus their stadium smells like piss. It's true. No one goes to any A's game at all. They're looking to move the team somewhere else.

I get what you're saying about AL vs. NL. I just find AL games less exciting than NL games. And I rather see a jem thrown by a pitcher than a game that ends up like 10-8. I think it's more exciting when two starters are throwing well. It's fun to watch. Too bad Jason Schmidt got hurt the last half of the season or else he would've had a shot at the Cy Young. He was absolutely lights out the first half. I love that guy.

Are you guys getting rid of Sammy or what? What's the deal with Sosa?

Oh I love Jason Schmidt I think he is a wonderful pitcher, actually he is one of the ones I enjoy watching pitch, and thats exatly what I meant I would rather see two great pitchers battle each other rather than seeing two teams hitters beat up on the pitchers, I just find a Greg Maddux Vs. Ben Sheets (Last year when Greg Maddux had his fist complete game shut out in YEARS) pitching duel more entertaining than the Yankees Vs Red Sox hitters romp.

Oh Goodness dont get me started on Sosa. As f right now we are still stuck with him, Hendry is trying to get a taker for him but honestly I dont think that even Hendry who has proven himself to be a magician can pull this one off, mostly because I dont think there is a team out there that is stupid enough to want Sosa, wanting him is like shooting yourself in the foot, I dont think anyone is gonna take him off our hands, I just wish they would have traded him 4 years ago when they had the chance, If Hendry somehow manages to unload Sosa I will throw a big party but if not, one thing is for Sure Sosa is a gonner next year the Cubs will NOT re-sign him next year and the break up isnt gonna be pretty either

And By The way NOTE to WOODY: if he is the one that smashed Sosa's boom box than good for you and THANK YOU

I doubt if the Cubs will be able to trade him away mainly because of the money he's owed this year. Now if the Cubs would be willing to still pay a portion of his salary, then you may get a team to bite.

Never been fond of Sosa ever. I guess Cubs fans aren't too happy with him.

I love Schmidty. He's just one of those guys that you love to watch pitch because he can do so many different things with the ball. But, mostly, it's just country hardball. 96mph, come on and try and hit me. I love pitchers like that.

I'm sure I'll be watching A's games this year. The only person I have respect for is Billy Beane. Although, I liked watching Mulder, Huddy and Zito throw. Now that 2 of them are gone they have that new guy, Danny Haren. I wanna watch him pitch. The guy's gonna be a stud.

Oh they actually are willing to eat a potion of his salary, but seriously I dont think there is a team out there that would want to have him, he comes with WAY to much baggage and besides Sosa hasnt been good in a while, I dont think we can find any takers

Omar Minaya was interested because he and Sammy go way back but I dont think even he is crazy enough to want him, not really. Your right I dont think ANYONE is gonna wanna take Sammy off our hands

OH NO The Cardinals signed Grudzy, Oh Man the last team I imagined him signing with was the Cardinals, all rivalries aside though I wish him lots of luck he is such a wonderful player when he is healthy especially these last 2 years, I hope he has a wonderful season

PoketRockets11 said:
Haha, I remember when he was on the Dodgers. I hated all Dodgers at the time. You know, cause the whole Dodgers/Giants rivalry.

LoL I know a thing or two about baseball rivalries. Grudz hasnt been an excellent player career wise but these last 2 years he has played for the Cubs he has been a miricle for them, he has really contributed and he has become such a great player, I mean he isnt gonna crank 30 homers like most of the Cubs starting lineup but his batting average stays above .310, he has done really good things for the Cubs. I hope he has a terrific season I am really gonna miss him

Back