MLB 2005 Season

I applaud you, sugababyboo. As a Yanks fan we tend to get nothing but felgercarb from people and it's nice to see another fan respecting them! Especially a Sox fan! I know you don't like em, which is of course understandable, but to hear a Sox fan say they respect the Yanks, high five to you, my friend!

PS. Anyone see that 13 run second inning the Yanks put up last night!?!?! :D

iheartalias said:
I applaud you, sugababyboo. As a Yanks fan we tend to get nothing but felgercarb from people and it's nice to see another fan respecting them! Especially a Sox fan! I know you don't like em, which is of course understandable, but to hear a Sox fan say they respect the Yanks, high five to you, my friend!

PS. Anyone see that 13 run second inning the Yanks put up last night!?!?! :D
[post="1307025"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The Yanks have my respect because they have 26 championships and if they truly did "suck" as some of fellow Red Sox Nation have said, then they wouldn't have that many. As a Sox fan, I can say that I've gotten grief from Yankee fans, well, at least the delusional ones lol

I thought it was pretty funny that Big George had a tirade about the team losing and it's only APRIL! :lol: :lol: Everyone knows, that the Yanks will be in the postseason no matter how many losing streaks they go through. They always find a way. As Cher Oteri would say, "Simmah down now!" I think the Yanks are lucky that they won last night maybe that helped ease Big George's worries.

lol I love Cheri! Anyway, I would understand the reason behind his tirade if it was late August or early September but the regular season has JUST started! lol

ok my usual tangent self in the house...
yankee fan
orioles appear to be for real
it won't be easy for us to pass the sox
and o's
but such is the nature of sports...
the reins of power shift cyclically
what about the white sox???

It looks like my boy Escobar is back from the disabled list! No runs earned and K-Rod didn't blow it this time in a 1-0 victory. Scott Shields (my favorite of the Angels middle relievers ;) ) got the victory and Steve Finley hit the deciding home run in the 7th. :D

I never thought I could hate A-Fraud er A-Rod more. Boy was I wrong today! :angry: :blowup: .

This doesn't change the that we have the best record against the evil empire over the past decade besides the BoSox especially after the Angels and BoSox eliminated them in 2002 & 2004 respectively.

He tortured my team (Angels) the way Sark and Vaughn tortured each other near the end of season 3. He hit 3 home runs against the Angels and one of them was a grand slam!!! It's even worse since I hate the Evil Empire.

^^I'm adhering to the old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

------------------------*crickets chirrping*------------------------

Okay. I'm done.

You're not the only Yankee fan that feels that way lol What I can't stand about him was he made the comment about how while other players are taking their kids to school, he's up early training for the upcoming season. I would understand why he said that if he wasn't a father but he is!!! And last season he had two incidents involv :eek: :lol: ing Bronson Arroyo and he still doesn't know his first name "Brandon Arroyo"?!!

ok:
end of may
my predictions:
nl east: atlanta
nl central: st. louis
nl west: san diego

al east: boston
al central: chicago
al west: la

nl wildcard: florida
al wildcard: new york

playoffs will be aligned based on record
nl pennant winner: st. louis
al pennant winner: chicago

world series champion: white sox

i'll probably come back to this post
in september and have a hearty laugh...

(and i am a new york yankee fan)

mexico city said:
ok:
end of may
my predictions:
nl east: atlanta
nl central: st. louis
nl west:  san diego

al east: boston
al central: chicago
al west: la

nl wildcard: florida
al wildcard: new york

playoffs will be aligned based on record
nl pennant winner:  st. louis
al pennant winner: chicago

world series champion: white sox

i'll probably come back to this post
in september and have a hearty laugh...

(and i am a new york yankee fan)
[post="1357098"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

sugababyboo said:
You're not the only Yankee fan that feels that way lol  What I can't stand about him was he made the comment about how while other players are taking their kids to school, he's up early training for the upcoming season.  I would understand why he said that if he wasn't a father but he is!!!  And last season he had two incidents involv :eek:  :lol: ing Bronson Arroyo and he still doesn't know his first name "Brandon Arroyo"?!!
[post="1319566"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL @ "Brandon" Arroyo comment...which pretty boy would've won? I'd still pick A-Rod.

I don't think Rodriguez is maliciously mean. Yes he comes off arrogant at times, but he's still not as aloof as Bonds, he's clearly NOT on the clear, and even though I'm a Jeter fan, the guy must have parked his ego when he moved over to third base (once was a Gold Glove shortstop; one shot-shy of Ripken Jr.'s HR for shortstop mark)...Scott Rolen he is not. He may seem phoney...but being the youngest player to reach 400 HR is not a fraudalent mark of talent.

Now he's just letting his bat doing the talking, got some therapy, and keep the MLB-leading homers coming. We'll need that when the Yanks face BoSox for the gibillion time.

Back