MLB 2005 Season

Not that I want to change how the MLB All-Star game is voted on, because it is totally cool that fans have the first say...but what is Nomar Garciaparra doing there? :blink: He can't be leading if he's on the DL...and even before the injury, he was not the best SS, not even in the top five.

Ah well...I guess the players that deserve to be there will be there. :rolleyes:

saturn9 said:
Not that I want to change how the MLB All-Star game is voted on, because it is totally cool that fans have the first say...but what is Nomar Garciaparra doing there? :blink: He can't be leading if he's on the DL...and even before the injury, he was not the best SS, not even in the top five.

Ah well...I guess the players that deserve to be there will be there. :rolleyes:
[post="1375177"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Even as a sox fan I have to agree, he is injured and before that he was not the playing his best either.

Istauris from the Dodgers should represent the National League IMO. He has been on fire this year offensively/defensively for the blue crew (Dodgers).

On a sidenote, as an Angels fan it's good to see Vlad the impaler back with a 12-2 victory over the Mets. Suga, just to interest you since you're a BoSox fan, former BoSox Orlando Cabrerra hit a dinger for us in the 9th as well as Ersty and Steve Finley earlier. We actually face against Pedro Sunday.

sugababyboo said:
The AL team won the all-star game and now we have the home field advantage! WOOT! :D
[post="1418136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
bump!

This definitely helps my team (Angels) although they REALLY need to step up their offense and improve their bullpen (I never thought I'd say the latter part). To be brutally honest, the hitting coach (Mickey Hatcher) needs to be replaced. Rod Carew would be a good replacement (again).

Bottom of the 9th. 2 outs. Bagwells steps in to pinch hit. Single to right field and the Astros win 2-1!!!!

These wild card and divisional races are very exciting.

agent hidden eyes said:
its heart and those long games...lol
[post="1492510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
If only my officially above 500 team (Angels) would have heart atleast when it comes to the hitting with RISP (I'm looking at you, Steve Finley!). I think Erstad is done with the Angels. They should move Kotchman to 1st base next season,IMO and maybe get Sweeney (Royals) or Hunter (Twins) for centerfield because Finley is starting to show his age. As much as I'd like to see my Halos in the playoffs, they don't deserve it. Atleast they had heart/integrity/determination last year. They look like they're sleepwalking this year.

Whether you're an Atlanta Braves fan or not, everyone should stand up and recognize their remarkable accomplishment of winning 14 straight division titles. A streak like this will probably never happen again. It's a great story.

Don't worry Sox fans! :console: As long as my Angels keep our current lead (5-2 in the 6th with runners on 2nd/3rd with one out) the Yankees are out! :D We're the only team with a winning record against the evil empire since Torre was manager so atleast there will be something to smile about. Plus, I hate the Yankees and the Red Sox are my favorite AL East team (and it has nothing to do with JG becoming a fan, I swear!).

My grandpa was born and raised in Chicago and it would be nice to see our two teams (ChiSox/Angels) face off.

Edit: We're going to Chicago!!! Yanks are eliminated!! :Punkrock:

YAY! For the Chicago White Soxs! :D :D

You know what's interesting...I went to my first major league baseball game this year (Soxs) and they won the series this year. My dad was saying how weird that is.

Back