MMORG's good or bad?

I think there bad as you can become very addicted to the game and fail in school with it.many people play many hours on these games such as WoW the most popular of the as the most people play this. It can also make you very lazy and just a couch-potatoe lol. I 've only played runescape but i am way over that and never play it anymore. But i just think there very bad. they can be fun but i life risker. Whats your thoughts?

I have to say that they have good and bad points.

Pro - Keeps kids off the street......
Con - Th3Y ar3 All pLaYed by 14 YeAr OldS wHo TyPe L1k3 Di5
Pro - Provides social interaction. In this day and age where every parent is too scared to let their kids go to the park because the TV says they will be raped and murdered and become addicted meth, it is important kids learn the fundamentals of conversation and develop people skills somewhere and these games provide such a forum.
Con - People spend all day playing them instead of developing social skills (Counterpoint to above)
Pro - Brings people of all nationalities and cultures together
Con - They have trashed my credit card
Pro - Keeps all the geeks off the street, who wants packs of RPGers terrorising the neighbourhood.
Con - Keeps all the cute geek chicks inside so I never meet them
Pro - Allows people of all ages to interact. Seriously you have most age groups represented (I have never me anyone in them in the over 60 bracket but I'm sure they are out there somewhere).

All in all, its mostly about moderation. Parents should be keeping track of just how long their kids are spending on certain things, just as adults should have the ability to regulate the amount they spend doing it........

DAV said:
I have to say that they have good and bad points.

Pro - Keeps kids off the street......
Con - Th3Y ar3 All pLaYed by 14 YeAr OldS wHo TyPe L1k3 Di5
Pro - Provides social interaction. In this day and age where every parent is too scared to let their kids go to the park because the TV says they will be raped and murdered and become addicted meth, it is important kids learn the fundamentals of conversation and develop people skills somewhere and these games provide such a forum.
Con - People spend all day playing them instead of developing social skills (Counterpoint to above)
Pro - Brings people of all nationalities and cultures together
Con - They have trashed my credit card
Pro - Keeps all the geeks off the street, who wants packs of RPGers terrorising the neighbourhood.
Con - Keeps all the cute geek chicks inside so I never meet them
Pro - Allows people of all ages to interact. Seriously you have most age groups represented (I have never me anyone in them in the over 60 bracket but I'm sure they are out there somewhere).

All in all, its mostly about moderation. Parents should be keeping track of just how long their kids are spending on certain things, just as adults should have the ability to regulate the amount they spend doing it........

I used to be into it a lot with some clans, and its fun a lot of fun. But it does take over, moderation is key to all. Dav my clan HSM which is like a big old family has one member who is 69 one who is 64 and one who is 66 they're the coolest old folks i know lol. Redneck Pothead Gamers in wheel chairs :P

Used to play runescape when I was about 12-14.. On weekends I would sit there and play for honest to god sometimes 8-10 hours a day, maybe even more.. But when you play a game like that, that really doesnt have an ending point you can play that forever and not really notice how much time you spend on it. Now that I look back I'm glad I didnt keep going down that path. ive gotten alot more serious into sports now and barely have time for homework and to get on the computer as it is.

ya dude i used to be a runescape pro that all i use to play on sunday and saterday i played for like 12 hours but then pking got tooken out and i was mad

I used to play WoW and it really got me behind in my school work in my junior and senior years in high school. It's like someone said don't get into these games the are very very addictive. You will spend almost all of your time playing this game.

Just like anything else people get sucked in.

It\'s ruining people\'s lives but they\'d do other things to ruin their lives anyway when we are talking about the hard cores..

Back