Modify Permissions Please?

Gate

Cadet
With the creation of the new group for the MUD players, there have been a few problems with what we are allowed to do. My current issue is that the arcade is disabled for us. I'd appreciate it if one of the admins could go over all of the groups permissions and set them back to normal.

Don't deny me tetris pleeeeeease :D2

Thank you!

Yeah, a few settings changed for us. Dirk and I couldn't post at all, earlier... which some people might have considered a blessing ;)

Gate said:
With the creation of the new group for the MUD players, there have been a few problems with what we are allowed to do. My current issue is that the arcade is disabled for us. I'd appreciate it if one of the admins could go over all of the groups permissions and set them back to normal.

Don't deny me tetris pleeeeeease :D2

Thank you!

Fixed! I am fixing permissions issues with the new 'World of Elanthia' members as I learn about them. Please PM me if you have any other issues. Then you don't have to 'wait' for me to get to a post like this. Thank you!

If I can ask, why did all our permissions go crazy when the change was made? I thought it was probably just a cosmetic name change thing... but for all the permissions to change... I just didn't get why they would have changed? Do we have new abilities we are unaware of?

Admins, my priveleges are going from you may post new threads and attachments to you may not post new threads and attachments so I have to loggout and in everytime it does this. Any clue why?

blur said:
If I can ask, why did all our permissions go crazy when the change was made? I thought it was probably just a cosmetic name change thing... but for all the permissions to change... I just didn't get why they would have changed? Do we have new abilities we are unaware of?

It was not a name change. Frosty created a new user group. All default permissions needed to be modified to match the normal HH community member group. Unfortunately, not all permissions are in a single place. The Arcade plugin for vBulletin, for example, has its own control panel with permission settings for each user group. I had to explicitly modify permissions there.... and so on and so forth...

Zink said:
Admins, my priveleges are going from you may post new threads and attachments to you may not post new threads and attachments so I have to loggout and in everytime it does this. Any clue why?

We are not modifying your privileges. It sounds as though it might be an issue with your cookies. Your session may be expiring before you attempt to post. Make sure you check the 'remember me' check box when you log in. PM me if that doesn't work.

Navarre said:
It was not a name change. Frosty created a new user group. All default permissions needed to be modified to match the normal HH community member group. Unfortunately, not all permissions are in a single place. The Arcade plugin for vBulletin, for example, has its own control panel with permission settings for each user group. I had to explicitly modify permissions there.... and so on and so forth...
Aye, clearly so. As I said, I thought that's all that had happened, because that's all that was visible on the surface, but clearly a lot of other stuff was happening at the back-end.

Back