Mommy and Daddy

Here's the final update. :D Look out for the sequel sometime next week... I hope. :smiley: It'll be called Remember When.

Thanks for all of your reviews! :kiss: I love you all!

Chapter 10

Je suis désolé
Lo siento
Ik ben droevig
Sono spiacente
Perdóname

The moment the bell rang, I walked out the front doors of the school and found my special spot under the largest tree in front of the building. No one gave me a second look as they left for the day, I was invisible. I pulled a book out of my bag and pretended to read. I can’t actually take in anything on the pages because of my nerves. Oh god. I’m so nervous. I kept thinking about him. What’s he going to say to me? I wondered.

I didn’t have to wait too long. Fifteen minutes later, the school had been pretty much cleared out. I guess they wanted to get out pretty quick.

And not too soon after that, Michael came out through the main doors and walked towards me tentatively. “Hey,” I said softly when he was in front of me. I gestured with my hand that he was welcome to take a seat by me.

“I’m sorry,” he said softly, looking down at the grass.

“Wanna try that again?” I asked as I lifted his chin. He looked at me questioningly, “But this time, please say it to my face; it makes it more sincere.”

“Syd,” he said turning to look at me. “There’s nothing I can say to make up for what happened on Saturday night. I took you there to have a good time, and look at how that ended up,” he frowned.

“Perfectly,” I said bitterly.

Gomennasai
Mujhe maaf kardo
PRZEPRASZAM
Slihah
Forgive me

“It was the worst first date ever, by far,” he admitted, “And I can’t apologize enough for everything, Syd. God, I’m just so sorry that you had to think that I don’t care about you. I really do care about you, more than I have for anyone… ever.”

The sincerity in his eyes became familiar to me, as I had seen it before, in the cafeteria at lunch. “Michael,” I sighed.

I was about to continue but was interrupted by Lauren screeching Michael’s name from outside the front doors of the school. “Michael! Sweetie, I’ve been looking everywhere for you! Now, we need to talk about what you said at lunch today. It wasn’t very nice, not nice at all.”

She looked at the shocked faces on both Michael and me and frowned, “Am I interrupting something?” she asked with a bitchy tone.

“Yes, Lauren, you’re interrupting something very important,” Michael groaned.

“Well, it can’t be more important to talk to this girl, than apologize to me, now can it?” she said, her brow furrowed in disgust.

“Lauren shut up!” Michael yelled, “You and I are not a couple, not involved, and NOT FRIENDS! Please, just get out of my life! You’ve hurt the one person I care about, and I don’t want it to happen again!”

Lauren looked at him in shock, “Michael,” she rolled her eyes, “You realize that saying no to me is going to ruin your reputation.”

“Lauren,” Michael sighed, “Do you not understand that I’m telling you to go away?” he asked in disblief. Lauren just blinked, “Go away,” he said pausing between his words. If I wasn’t so shocked at his behaviour I would have laughed at her slow nature.

“Lauren,” I finally spoke up. She looked at me in shock. I can just imagine what’s going through her head right now; there is a person there? Huh, I must have missed something there. “Please leave us alone. I’m trying to talk to my boyfriend right here, if you hadn’t noticed.”

Michael froze up, and I instantly regretted the words that I had just spoken. However, if I could watch Lauren’s reaction again through instant replay, I would be the happiest person alive. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head with the shock of my words. She gasped, then scoffed, flipped her hair over her shoulder, glared at me, then turned and walked away.

Michael then burst out in laughter. Oh god. Did he think what I said was funny? Does he not ever want to be my boyfriend? In that moment, I realized that I had completely forgiven him. I wanted to be his girlfriend, I wanted to be the person he called to spend his free time with, I wanted to be the girl he kissed… I just… want to be his girlfriend.

“I’m so sorry,” he laughed, “I’m really not laughing at you, just… Oh god, did you see her eyes? I thought they were about to pop out of her skull!”

I smiled nervously and bit my bottom lip. “Yeah,” I sighed, “It was funny.”

“Syd,” he sighed after calming down, “Do you want to be my girlfriend?” he asked.

I smiled, “Do you really mean that?” I asked.

“No,” he said joking. And I knew it. There was no seriousness in his tone at all. “No,” he repeated, this time nodding. “Yes. I want you to be my girlfriend.”

I suddenly felt gutsy and spontaneous; so I reached forward, I pulled his head down to mine and I kissed him. It was the most passionate kiss that I had ever felt, but I haven’t exactly had too much experience in that department.

As we pulled apart, he sighed and smiled, “Yeah,” he said softly, “I’ll never get used to that.”

I giggled like a 13-year-old and blushed, “That was pretty good, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, just a bit,” he said before pulling me in for another kiss.

“Hey,” I whispered, “Wanna see a movie tonight?” I asked.

“School night,” he answered, “But we can hang out at your place for a bit, if you want?” he suggested.

“My dad’s out of town still,” I said softly, “But it’s a Monday…”

“Football, right?” I nodded, “Cancelled on Monday nights from now on. Something to do with coach Stevenson being needed for swim team or something.”

“Oh, ok. Well, if we go to my place, we aren’t going to be alone. Cassandra and Jaime are going to be at my place tonight. Their mother is going on a date with her husband for their anniversary.”

“That’s fine with me… As long as I can come see you tomorrow for a few minutes in your dance class.”

I shook my head vehemently, “No, you will not! No, no you can’t. You’d have something to blackmail me with you freak!”

“I’m your boyfriend, not a freak,” he said with mock offence.

I sighed, “That sounds really cool.”

He laughs, “It sounds perfect, doesn’t it? Oh I can’t believe it, you’re my girlfriend!”

I laugh, “You know what? Let’s go to my place. Cassie and Jaime aren’t out of school for another half hour, that will give us a very small amount of time to play.”

“Let’s go.”

He takes my hand in his as we walk down the street to my house. For some reason, I know that things will be ok from now on.

Lyrics: Madonna – Sorry

Je suis désolé = i am sorry (french)
Lo siento = i am sorry (spanish)
Ik ben droevig = i am SAD (dutch)HET SPIJT ME= I AM SORRY
Sono spiacente = i am sorry (italian)
Perdóname = forgive me (spanish)
Gomennasai <- "Forgive me"/"sorry" in Japanese
Mujhe maaf kardo <- "Please forgive me" in Hindi
PRZEPRASZAM <- "Sorry" in Polish
Slihah (Hebrew)
Forgive me...

Epilogue

3 months later

I can’t believe it. Three months ago I couldn’t wait until it would end, but now it’s over. High school is over; and I don’t want it to be. Now things will change. Everything will change.

Well, there’s one thing that won’t change; my father. It’s my graduation ceremony, and he isn’t here. He called me last night, and told me that his trip had been extended. Thankfully, Michael was there to help me not crush the phone with my bare hands.

But here I am, right now, walking off the stage at my high school graduation. It’s so weird. This year changed so dramatically. I started out as the biggest loser in school, but turned into the girlfriend of the football team quarterback and class president. I had felt myself wishing that time would move faster, so I could get out, but now I don’t want to leave.

“Hey,” Michael sighs as he wraps his arms around me.

“I can’t believe it’s over,” I cry.

“And to think, you felt like you couldn’t have gotten out of here any sooner.”

“I know, it’s funny. Just laugh at your emotional girlfriend. Oh god; I’m an emo kid!” I laugh.

“Well, look on the bright side. We’re going to the same school next year, so no long distance relationship, right?”

I nod into his shoulder, “I guess.”

“Come on, baby,” I giggle at his pet name. “You don’t like that one either?” he asks.

“No,” I sigh. Over the past few months we’ve been trying to figure out nicknames for each other. I’ve found mine, which is the simple ‘Vaughn’, but we have yet to find one that suits me. We’ve gone through baby, sweetie, honey, love, and countless others, but none seem to fit. “I think you can stick with Syd, for now, Vaughn.”

“Sure.”

“Let’s go. It’s time for us to move on.”

“We can do that,” he nods. He kisses me softly and we hear three groans behind us. Danny, Francie and Will are staring at us with jokingly serious faces. “Hey guys.”

“Hey,” they all chime in.

“So,” Francie sighs.

“I survived high school,” I giggle. “I thought it was impossible, but you guys made it seem like nothing through these past months.”

Danny put his arm around my shoulder, “Eh, it was nothing.”

“Come on! Let’s go to the party!” Will yells.

I laugh and kiss Michael’s cheek, “Let’s go.”

- Fin –

awww it ended too... but i reaallyy liked how it ended! i'm so glad lauren got out of the picture... even if they had to use a little force into it... but syd and vaughn are just the cutest couple ever!

thanks for writing this... i really liked it! :smiley:

Loved it!! :blush: :blush: :blush: Glad to see you are doing a sequel. Please pm me when you post it.

Thank you for sharing this with us and all your pms!! :angelic: :woot: :woot:

Happy ending, eh? :lol:

Me loved it!!!! Really... I'm not really freaking about SV in highschool but I definitely enjoyed reading this one :love:

Thanks for keeping us entertained and all the PMs you've sent!!!!

Many cookie :hug:

Oh god; I’m an emo kid!” I laugh.
This is EXACTLY how I felt on my last day of high school a few weeks ago, lol. My friends were like, "get over it!" And i was all like, "I'm in a glass case of emotion!!"
I was like that today too, actually. It was my very last exam!! woot! *parties* :cheers:
And my grad is on friday!! *parites some more*
ahem, anyway. I really liked the end of this story. and the fluffiness. They should call you miss fluffy mcflufferson. :cool:
can't wait for the sequel! It's about college, right? does Sydney still get approached by SD-6?? that would be cool... (y) (y) but I guess I'll find out :D

Chels

*sings* I don't jump around when I go to shows...I must be emo! :P

Back