Money!

SpyDude

Cadet
So I just wanted to ask how much allonce money do you get from your parents/earn? I really don't know if I should make this topic. It is kind of a personal question. If the admin thinks this topic shouldn't exist just lock it. How much money someone earns is non of my business just....
Anyway I get 300 kroons per month. I think it's about 26 dollars.

I'm a freshman in college, so every month my parents put money in an account that also has all the money I earned over the summer in it. So, it's up to me to spend it wisely, which I have a hard time doing, but I think I'm getting better. Sometimes at the end of the month I go for days without spending anything, just so I don't dip into my savings.

I get £40 a month from my parents and am generally good at keeping it...

I have £170 and a bit left over from August when I worked for six weeks and made £100 a week (about £2.50 an hour) but I was a work experience student so I can't complain.

However I cannot spend that £170 as it is going towards driving lessons.

I need a job though because there are alot of things I want... Aladdin, Smackdown vs RAW, a kilt, scuba diving lessons.

rileylovesalias said:
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I only get $2 a week from my parents and really have no other ways to earn money  :(  :thinking:  (n) </span>
[post="1034857"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Better start robbing banks. :D

Seriously though, $2 a week is hard.

i dont really get an "allowance" per say
i get money from holidays/birthday etc
but thats bout it
then again my parents buy me everything... so....
yeah im spoiled :rolleyes:
but im not a brat!

I don't get an allowance, but I do get paid $6 an hour for babysitting my siblings, which usually amounts to $25 or so a week. And my parents pay for just about everything!

i dont get an allowance as my parents pay for my uni fees, i have to pay for rent, bills and going out money so at the mo im really skint!! but im looking for a job

I'm working now, so I clearly don't have the idea of an allowance. BUT.. when i was in high school, I got like 5 dollars a week, so 20 bucks a month. When I was in junior high and grade school my parents gave me a dollar for every score I got on HW or exam/quizzes above 92%. But they stopped doing that at high school because they thought it was no longer appropriate to "bribe" me into doing well, tnat and I think it was getting expensive for them since I pretty much got that with every homework. So then in high school I got the fixed allowance of 20 bucks a month.

I didn't really have a job in high school, not even the stnadard crappy one, for most of it. Then in senior year, I got a job with state farm on the weekends, working in their emerging technologies department, and made like 9 dollars an hour. But I only worked like 8 hours a week. But even still, that was more money that I had than before. during that time, I also started working for our school district with our technology director in modernizing the school with a multimillion dollar grant from the state. But I wasn't really paid well. But it was at least money.

The first two years of college, particularly the first year, wsa good times because of the .COM boom I got projects that paid 40, or 50 dollars an hour for people that needed web apps designed (J2EE stuff, databases, ASP, DHTML, whatever they needed). But that ended the 2nd year when the bubble popped. So then I was poor again.

And now I work.

aahahhaah, the ups and downs of money :P

i don't get an allowance, i clean the house and cook, but when i want something, my parents buy it for me, i think that's just as good, if not better :lol: but i don't like to use their money, they spend enough of feeding me :lol:

i baby-sit alot in the summer, i think i earned about $ 700 this summer baby sitting. other than that, i have to wait until christmas and birthdays to get money :P

I really hate money. I had to pay taxes for the first time last year and it sucked because my parents made me do it myself so I could learn financial responsibility, but it was SO ANNOYING.

Back