Monster - In - Law

M

mystery_chick

Vartan fights 'Monster'
Thesp joins Luketic-helmed project
By DANA HARRIS
Variety, April 4, 2004
"Alias" star Michael Vartan has been cast as the male lead opposite Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda in New Line Cinema's "Monster-In-Law."

He will play a man whose overprotective mother ruthlessly tries to derail his engagement.

"Monster-In-Law" is directed by Robert Luketic ("Legally Blonde") from a script by Anya Kochoff and a revised draft by Richard LaGravenese. Production will begin in May in L.A.

Vartan's most recent feature credits include "One Hour Photo" and "Never Been Kissed."

© Variety 2004

Thats great news, im really happy, now i can go watch him at the cinema, but i really hope that the media dont bash it coz of the publicity Jennifer Lopez has had for Gigli! Anyway well done to Michael, im lookin forward to watch it!

Not that I'm a fan of J Lo's, but I've seen her in a couple of movies and she wasn't too bad.

I thought she was a hoot in the Wedding Planner.

I'm thinking it should be pretty fun, I can just see Jane Fonda as Micheal's mom. No women good enough for my son, she will do a great job.

I'm so thrilled that Michael is doing a Romantic comedy, he always says that he wants to do some comedy and he seems like such a fun and funny guy. (y)

dsbms said:
iheartalias said:
good news...but costarring with Jennifer Lopez?! haha... :rolleyes:
No mean to hurt anyone´s feelings but: Couldn´t the producers get someone better than J. Lo? :angry:
I agree - I don't think she's that great of an actress --- PLUS her and Michael aren't going to have huge chemistry on the set -- it'll be like watching Vaughn and Lauren's marriage!! :eek:

PLUS her and Michael aren't going to have huge chemistry on the set

Oh *my*, you don't know that yet. A lot of oddly matched couples have surprisingly good chemistry (Dennis Quiad and Ellen Barkin in "The Big Easy"). I'm not saying for sure that they will...just reserve judgement 'til you see the movie, or at the very least the preveiws. Just because he's going out with Jennifer Garner doesn't mean that he can't act as a romantic interest in other projects. That's why he's an actor.

I don't see JLo as a dragon lady. She's ambitious but she's never struck me as being extremely diva-ish. What could tank this movie is directing MV as the straight man instead of letting him relax and be funny like he can be. The other thing would be Jane Fonda as "the Monster" doing an impression of a much thinner Rosanne Barr. Ooooh, direct to video might not be out of the question. Hey, it's up to the writers and the director (who did Legally Blonde I believe). Hopefully MV read the script thoroughly.

michael has a main role on the movie?

because i chech on imdb under his name and the name of tne movie is not there :blink:

finally a film where he will be the leading star ... (y)

need to see how the chemistry will be between him and JLo ... ;)

I hope they don't come up with the "romance on set" thing again ... :angry:

I'm surprised this movie would be listed, but Imbd is usually on top of things. I don't think MV signed until very recently (or at least it wasn't announced). Maybe this was the reason for the fabled MV/JG "rough patch" but if they sat down and compared schedules connections should be easy enough. Vancouver ("Elektra") is about a two hour plane trip from Los Angeles? Okay, maybe three?

Wow! This is great news! I'm glad Michael finally gets his chance as a lead actor! *crosses finger so that he'll make one helluva impression*

i think the general feeling is "ugh, why jennifer lopez"? and i gotta say that i agree. there's something about that woman that just rubs me the wrong way.

but because michael's going to be in it, i'll more than likely be going to see it.

by the way, last night i re-watched him on friends for the millionth time and i gotta say, i love him in comedy :D

regina_alias said:
i think the general feeling is "ugh, why jennifer lopez"? and i gotta say that i agree. there's something about that woman that just rubs me the wrong way.

but because michael's going to be in it, i'll more than likely be going to see it.

by the way, last night i re-watched him on friends for the millionth time and i gotta say, i love him in comedy :D
i dont undrstand why?

Y u all hate jennifer lopez?
She is a beautiful woman, grate actress and she seems a very sweet person.

It is not he foult that the media have obsession about her life.

:eek: ..ei! Miss Biggest-ass-in-America, WATCH THE HANDS!! THE FRENCH GUY IS ALREADY TAKEN!!
:shock: this is serious people!

we are talking about the woman who has a music video with every men she has dated! she collects them!! NOOO, not videos, MEN!

remember: YOUR NOT HIS JENNIFER! -_-

Hmm i was wondering about this movie last night... aint it weird... ben and jen GARNER were in a movie together and now its michael and jen LOPEZ... hehe not that it matters now that bennifer are way past their epiree date...

YAY MIKEY :P :P :P :P

Oh that's great MV gets the lead in the movie but with J. Lo? :blink: I'm not a huge fan of hers, especially after the whole Bennifer thing... and her role in "Jersey Girl" with Ben Affleck was more like a cameo role than anything else, you could have cut out the entire beginning! Oh well, I hope the movie is good.

Back