Sci-Fi Monsters of Man (2020)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Monsters of Man

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Mark Toia

Cast: Neal McDonough, Brett Tutor, Jose Rosete, David Haverty, Paul Haapaniemi, Ryan Hough, Ma Rynet, Kayli Tran, Jessica Blackmore, Jordy Tulleners, Tatjana Marjanovic, David Samartin, Trong Kam, Taylor Leigh Edwards, Conrad K. Pratt, Ly Ty

Release: 2020-11-19

Runtime: 132

Plot: A robotics company vying to win a lucrative military contract team up with a corrupt CIA agent to conduct an illegal live field test. They deploy four weaponized prototype robots into a suspected drug manufacturing camp in the Golden Triangle, assuming they'd be killing drug runners that no one would miss. Six doctors on a humanitarian mission witness the brutal slaughter and become prime targets.
Monsters of Man (2020)

Monsters of Man (2020)​

2h 11min | Sci-Fi | 8 December 2020 (USA)

A robotics company teams up with a corrupt CIA agent undergoing an illegal, unsanctioned military operation. Dropping four prototype robots into a suspected drug manufacturing camp in the Golden triangle that no one will miss. The mission is to prove the robotics company is worthy of winning a lucrative military contract. Six doctors on a good cause witness the brutal slaughter of an innocent village and are forced into a deadly game of cat and mouse as they become the new targets.

Meh, it was okaaay.
Its another AI robot soldier run amok story.
CIA being the bad guy, not caring about non-combatants.

Personally, I liked Kill Command (2016) better.
Not sure why I made that association while I was watching it.
It was entertaining enought to keep my attention but not as good as I thought it could have been. Production values were okay. Plot was stupid and done better before.
Another example of Hollywood sacrificing creativity in favor of commonality to make profit.
At best, a rental.