Sci-Fi Moonfall (2022)

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
Title: Moonfall

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Roland Emmerich

Cast: Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, John Bradley, Michael Peña, Charlie Plummer, Yu Wenwen, Eme Ikwuakor, Carolina Bartczak, Donald Sutherland, Maxim Roy, Stephen Bogaert, Azriel Dalman, Zayn Maloney, Achilles Montes-Vamvas, Ava Weiss

Release: 2022-02-03

Plot: A mysterious force knocks the moon from its orbit around Earth and sends it hurtling on a collision course with life as we know it.
Moonfall (2022)

trailer:

apparently the moon has either been turned into a construct by nanobots, or is intended to be a vehicle for them. now the moon is falling (nanobots running out of resources?) with predictable catastrophe.
trailer looks really impressive
by the Independence Day team

Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, Michael Peña & Donald Sutherland
Should be better than the mockbuster Moon Crash (2022)

I had a mixed response to this one. The overall pace of the movie is a bit questionable, almost like there was a lot more footage planned but was butchered in editing, but at the same time the explanation backstory behind the moon construct was actually explained and was pretty interesting. If more time was spent on that angle of the story and less on the redemption-of-the-former-public-hero I think it would have had a better reception from the genre fans. Between the ships shown in the construct, the backstory, and the final end scene, I had a lot more interest in that than of the main story.

On a different note, if I ever get a cat "Fuzz Aldrin" is an awesome name. 😂

I found MoonFall lacking in many ways but I do agree with the story idea of 'builders'.
I would have liked it more if the 'construct' was a large asteriod instead of the Moon.
Its been awhile since I've seen it but if I recall correctly there was no evidence hinted about Earth bound alien technology and it kinda goes limited considering that.

I personally rated this film lower than IMdb because it felt rushed. I felt it focused on the wrong things given the high technology and abilities implied. I was kinda hoping for something based on the novel.
Moonfall is a 1998 hard science fiction novel by American writer Jack McDevitt. The book depicts the impact of an interstellar comet on the Moon and how the catastrophic effects are handled.