Superheroes Elektra (2005)

What Did You Think Of Elektra?

• It was absolutely awesome! It was Jen's best movie yet...but it was too short! I didn't want it to e

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was really good..a bit more than I expected...

• It was about what I expected...It wasn't bad...worth buying

• It wasn't all that great...I expected more out of Jen and would maybe think about buying it?

• It was terrible! What was Jen even doing in a film like that? I'm very dissapointed in the all-aroun

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Have to disagree with the Parkinson thing - he used to be the best but he's too sychophantic now and sucks up to all his guests. Jonathan Ross is better in that he's not afraid to ask more personal questions. Either way I'd love it if she came over here to promote the film. I could see it happening. Perhaps we should email 20th Century Fox and ask them nicely!!!

From Sci Fi Wire:

Bowman Talks Elektra

Rob Bowman, director of the upcoming comic-book movie Elektra, told SCI FI Wire that he brought SF chops to the project as a veteran helmer of the X-Files TV series and movie and the feature film Reign of Fire. "In terms of the hyper-real, surreal or science-fiction aspects of it, I'm obviously very familiar with it, and I think I was comfortable handling the more exotic parts of the story," Bowman said in an interview last summer on the film's Vancouver, B.C., set.

Bowman added that he was able to balance the SF elements of the story with the personal drama of Elektra Natchios, played by Alias star Jennifer Garner. "I felt like, 'OK, this is within my realm, and I know that it needs to be commercial,'" he said. "But more important to me was the power of Elektra's personal story. And so bringing ... muscles built during The X-Files and X-Files movie and Reign of Fire, I thought, 'I understand how to make this film.'"

Elektra, the follow-up to 2003's Daredevil, centers on Garner's character, an alienated warrior assassin, and her battle against a mysterious criminal organization called The Hand. Bowman admitted that he was not familiar with the Marvel Comics series on which the movie is based. "I did not read Elektra as a kid," he said. "It actually came around after I was out of my teens. ... So the first thing I looked into with Elektra was 'What's going on inside of her? Is there more than "I'm just a good old person who does heroic things?"'"

Bowman said he was attracted to the character because of her dark past. "Sitting still without an assignment or a task that is not external is a problem for her," he said. "Because she starts to think about things that, you know, upset her, cause her to feel anger. She's extraordinarily haunted. ... Existence is what she suffers through. The movie is about her coming to grips with what's actually going on inside of her. One of our themes is that she has abilities and feelings that she's unaware of until very late in the movie."

Bowman can be seen in behind-the-scenes video clips posted on Elektra's new official Web site. Elektra opens Jan. 14, 2004.

vaughnalicious said:
And because this photo is too hot not to post:

elektraexclusive.jpg

*dies*
[post="1054397"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

oh my goodness, that picture is MEGA HOT!

www.alias-media.com

There will be a behind the scenes look on Elektra tomorrow, November 9, on Access Hollywood. It will feature some scenes from the movie being filmed. Check the Access Hollywood website for more details when they come available.

By tommorow, they mean tonight.

All I can say is "amazing!" JG rocked in that behind-the-scences footage from AH. The trailer will be shown on AH this Thursday. I can't wait.