kiwi610
mnkdance963
MH55995
amlynac
fire*N*ice
Addicted 2 Alias
ChrisM
xxaliasluverxx

This will be fun...Syd attending the party and Vaughn will fall for her!!! :angelic:

Great update....it's getting to the interesting part...THE MEETING!!!.... :angelic: :angelic:

Cinderella is off to the ball. Only this Cinderella is walking, not arriving in a pumpkin coach pulled by white horses. And her dancing slippers are not glass but boots.

I wish her luck.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

I'm now afraid!!! I'm afraid of what could happen to Sydney is the Coles find out about her going to the party with the dress of their daughter :(
At least she will get the chance to meet Vaughn, because that's going to happen since your story is in the Romance forum and you aren't a Sarkney shipper :lol:
Can someone tell me why I feel like this is going to be a little like Cinderella? :sideroll:

Forget what I said, I'm listening to Panic At The Disco and it makes me hyper :lol:

Thx for the PM

before i forget thanks so much to Bola for her french translations :hug:

Chapter 4
The entire walk to the Blair’s Sydney was trembling and almost turned back three times, but determination mixed with a tiny bit of rebellion kept her going. When she reached the Blair residence, she stopped outside the gate and simply stared. The Blair house was much larger than the Cole house was, which made it immense. Sydney could hear the music pouring from inside the house with each open and close of the front door. Through the windows, she saw guests laughing and chatting, as well as dancing together.

Not wanting to miss any part of it, Sydney pushed open the gate and hurried towards the front door, a huge grin spread across her face. She opened the door and was immediately greeted by a man she assumed to be the Blair’s butler. He handed her a dance card to tie around her wrist and she took it nervously. She had absolutely no idea how to dance properly since she had never been taught at all. She decided it was best if she didn’t tie the card on her wrist since she didn’t intend on dancing with anyone anyway.

Once she stepped out of the doorway, her senses began working overtime, taking it all in. It was very warm in the house stemming from a combination of the candles and oil lamps, the many people and the high temperature outside on that warm June night. People were laughing and talking everywhere, mostly men talking to men and women giggling together.

Sydney began to edge her way around the party, observing everything as she went. She walked around the dance floor and towards the back of the house. When she did, she saw the Cole’s and froze. Quickly, she turned away, but she heard bits and pieces of their conversation. Unfortunately, she understood none of it because they were speaking in French.

After her close call with the Cole's, Sydney decided it would be best to park herself up against a wall where she could observe, after all, that’s what she came to do. She had only been standing there about ten minutes, watching the men and women float across the dance floor with a smile on her face, when a man walked up beside her. She moved over a step, thinking he simply wanted to watch as well, but then, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed he was staring at her.

She briefly glanced over to him and he grinned at her. “Bonsoir madame,” he said with a slight nod of his head. Sydney blushed slightly and giggled, but said nothing. “Dites moi quel nom pourriez-vous avoir qui serait aussi magnifique que vous?"

Sydney sighed, wishing for once that she understood more than ‘bonsoir’. “I’m sorry, I don’t speak French,” she said quietly as she went to walk away, but the man touched her arm lightly and she stopped, looking up at him.

“I speak English,” he said with almost a laugh, but his French accent was still notable.

“Oh,” Sydney said softly as she looked down.

“I asked what your name was, my dear.”

For a moment, Sydney contemplated what to tell him, but looking up at him, his green eyes sparkled and made her giggle involuntarily. “Sydney,” she told him.

“Ah I was right, it is a beautiful name. I am Michel, or Michael, if you prefer,” he smiled.

“Well, it's nice to meet you Michael,” Sydney smiled back at him.

He grasped her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing the back of her white glove. “Enchanté,” he said. She giggled involuntarily. “Would you care to dance?”

Sydney’s heart sunk. She didn’t want him to let go of her hand, but she knew that attempting to dance would only be completely disastrous, most likely resulting in her falling or stepping on him, making a fool of herself. She cringed slightly. “I’m afraid I’m not a very good dancer.”

“Well, that is alright, neither am I,” he smiled. “How about a walk? The gardens in the back are lovely. Have you seen them?” he asked. She shook her head. “Well then, you must. Come with me, please?” he offered his arm to her. She smiled softly and placed her hand on it, allowing him to lead her through the back of the house and outside, all the while having no idea what she was doing.

“It is lovely out here,” Sydney commented on the lamp-lit gardens.

“I agree,” he said. “So, you’re not much of a dancer, hmm?”

“No,” she laughed. “I can’t dance at all really.”

“Not at all?” he asked in surprised.

Sydney was glad it was dark outside, for she turned pink as she shook her head. She knew that a real lady, like whom she was trying to portray, would have most definitely been an accomplished dancer.

“Hmm,” he said in a thoughtful way. “I’d offer to teach you, but I’m afraid I’d be even worse than you. I’ve unfortunately stepped on many feet in my days.”

“It’s quite alright,” she assured him.

“So, Sydney, tell me, did you just move here? Because I’m sure I would have remembered seeing someone as beautiful as you at these parties,” he told her.

Sydney couldn’t stop the chills from forming on her arms even on that warm evening. “I... I am new here,” she stammered slightly.

“Oh really? Where did your family move from?”

“Just up north,” she told him casually. After all, it wasn’t a complete lie. She had come from up north at one point. “Small village...”

He nodded. “You moved with your family then?”

“No, I’m afraid not. My parents have long since passed away,” she told him sadly.

“I’m terribly sorry,” he said quickly.

“It’s quite alright,” she told him with a smile.

“Do you like the city then?”

“It’s different. I’m not quite sure if that’s good or bad yet, to tell you the truth,” she laughed slightly.

“I know what you mean. I moved here from a small town on the coast of France. This is certainly a big change, in more ways than one,” he told her.

“Would you ever want to go back there?” she asked.

He was silent for a moment as he walked along the garden path, shuffling his feet slightly. “Maybe, I’m not sure. Definitely to visit since my parents are there, but my job is here. Perhaps when I have children, or if I have them, I should say,” he corrected himself with a slight laugh.

“Oh, I’m sensing some trouble. Clearly, it’s the lack of interest on the part of the women of London,” she grinned, obviously teasing.

He laughed. “Yes, clearly. Perhaps I should go back to France. No, it’s more..... I never believed in the idea that any two people in the world could be matched together by marriage. I want to want the person that I marry and have her want me back... if that makes any sense at all.”

“It makes perfect sense actually, and I quite agree,” she told him honestly.

He smiled. “I’m glad someone does.”

For the next twenty minutes, they walked around the garden and talked together. Sydney was surprised at how easy it was to talk to him, or even talk at all, but then she realized that their conversation was probably the first conversation she'd had in years. People weren’t very likely to strike up conversations with their servants, and, sadly, she realized that Michael probably wouldn’t be talking to her that way if he knew who she truly was. She was enjoying their talk though, more than she even realized. It was only when she noticed the party inside beginning to thin out, did she realize she had to get home before the Cole's or risk being caught.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot the time. I must go,” Sydney said quickly as she headed towards the house once more.

“Wait!” he called as he chased after her. “When will I see you again?”

Sydney refused to look at him as she said, “I don’t think you will.”

“What? No, please,” he told her.

“I’m sorry... I’m... busy... taking care of my sick grandmother,” she managed a plausible lie.

“But-”

“I’m sorry Michael,” Sydney sighed. “It was nice to meet you,” she said as she raced off towards the front path before he could follow her.

PM LIST
6helterskelter6
74Aliaschickita47
ae_gurl293
AgentSparks
albob
alias_chick_47
aliasfan212
aliasfreak8903
aliasisthebest
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
anji_alias
aprilsfool6
ashqua
ASIOagent
atekamel
ballerina
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
derevkointraining
Donniegirl
EJ11
frangipani
freckles3706
grassyass
gregstar
gtwallichs
gucci_94

hannahb
helpleessromantic
iheartvaughn
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
lady alias
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lovygirl
maddy28
mightylittleone
mountaineer_girl
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Nadia Weiss
Nancy O
Nicky_Bristow
Phoenixwannabe
PIpp
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Remys24
sab-alias
sabbiee_co
scullymulder1234
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
Spydrummer06
stealthy
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05

sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
tubby
undercover_spy
vartan-lova
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
wiseman
kiwi610
mnkdance963
MH55995
amlynac
fire*N*ice
Addicted 2 Alias
ChrisM
newyorkaise
buckeyealum2000
xxaliasluverxx

:woot: first... off to read

Sorry... late reply... (busy at work) :superangry: Now here's my review:

:woot: <- again cookie's face right now! I loved it Janet!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

The cuteness was awesome! :blush: Finally we have Vaughn in the story... and jeesh he sounds sooooooooo handsome and gentlementish, especially when he spoke french :angelic:

I want more.. I'm addicted :P

Back