More Tired Pricing

If the ads are just in the client and not in game, I am sure hacked clients will appear quickly enough. It probably isn't too bad with ads, as long as you don't get pop up windows while you are fighting for your life. :smiley:

navarre said:
If the ads are just in the client and not in game, I am sure hacked clients will appear quickly enough. It probably isn't too bad with ads, as long as you don't get pop up windows while you are fighting for your life. :smiley:

They could be server side, like in Anarchy Online... in AO, the ads appear on Billboards and have been made into ads that appear futuristic of sorts, when possible, in order to fit the game environment.

Matrix Online had something that Jaraeth discusses. The game was in a modern world, and would have billboards with ads to companies relating to the game. The billboards also were used for in-game immersion, like things that were in the movies.

Why did I quit that game again?

lol! Yeah... I can see it now... - "Do you see that Oleofische? .. Why does his side keep blinking the word 'Goodyear?'" ... or the interactive quest - "Quick! Use your magic to topple that Nike Billboard Ad onto those Ukar!" ... or the pitcher of ale at the local tavern with 'Budweiser' engraved on the side. :smiley:

i think tired pricing wont be good for HJ i think game should go on shelf for 49.95 U.S dollars and you pay $10-$15 a month.. i personally think that would be the best.

That seems to be the trend these days - in game advertising since those of us on this forum obviously spend more time in games than watching television. Advertisers have to try to reach us somehow... Sigh. I rather just have a game that I pay a fee for and that is immersive (i.e. I don't want to be walking down a dungeon corridor and see a dragon pop out with a friggin coca-cola T-shirt on!)... How immersive would that be?

Ya know. Ads in the patcher isn't so bad. If you've played a Sony game, you've seen that.

Just no more /pizza stuff. Weird..

Back