Sci-Fi Mortal Engines (2018)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Mortal Engines

Tagline: Some scars never heal

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Christian Rivers

Cast: Hera Hilmar, Robert Sheehan, Hugo Weaving, Jihae, Ronan Raftery, Leila George, Patrick Malahide, Stephen Lang, Colin Salmon, Mark Mitchinson, Regé-Jean Page, Menik Gooneratne, Frankie Adams, Leifur Sigurdarson, Kahn West, Andrew Lees, Sophie Cox, Kee Chan, Sarah Peirse, Mark Hadlow, Caren Pistorius, Poppy Macleod, Joel Tobeck, Terry Norris, Calum Gittins, Megan Edwards, Peter Rowley, Aaron Jackson, Stephen Ure, Nathaniel Lees, Paul Yates, Nick Blake, Beatrice Joblin, Thomas Lahood, Simbarashe Matshe, Lee Tuson, Jason Whyte, Michael Homick, Royden Davys, Richard Mills, Shane Rangi, Yoson An, Nicholas Quirke, Lynda Lester, Rick Baker, Katie Jackson, Billy Jackson, Carter Nixon, Philip Reeve, Sam Reeve, Nicholas Quirke, Martin Kwok, Seth F. Miller, Rodney Cook, Stephen Grey, Peter Jackson

Release: 2018-11-27

Runtime: 129

Plot: Many thousands of years in the future, Earth’s cities roam the globe on huge wheels, devouring each other in a struggle for ever diminishing resources. On one of these massive traction cities, the old London, Tom Natsworthy has an unexpected encounter with a mysterious young woman from the wastelands who will change the course of his life forever.
Mortal Engines (2018)

Mortal Engines (2018)

Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi|14 December 2018 (USA)

Many years after the "Sixty Minute War," cities survive a now desolate Earth by moving around on giant wheels attacking and devouring smaller towns to replenish their resources.

Stars:
Robert Sheehan, Hugo Weaving, Stephen Lang

Author Philip Reeve, writer of the novel on which the movie is based, published a blogpost on July 19th 2017 that principle photography had ended and he had been invited to the set back in May of the same year. He noted that he had been impressed by the actors and the sets, mentioning that "Most of it looked very much as I'd imagined, except for the bits which looked better."
~ IMdb Trivia

This trailer looks impressive!
I think I just found my Christmas Theater Experience for this year.

LOL, right before I watched this movie I watched Godzilla VS Megaguirus.
The weapon used was so similar!
One was a 'black hole weapon' the other was a 'quantum weapon'.
This weapon was by far the better visual.

The movie was certainly watchable but had a really common pace and events cycle.
Watch any higher budget film nowadays and they all kinda 'feel' the same.
My Twice-Watch Rating: 7 out of 10 sighs