Mothership by John Brosnan

neary

Cadet
Recently i had a few hours in dublin on my way elsewhere, and i found myself without something to read for the coming journey, so i had a walk around looking for a book. I found myself at a small second hand bookshop in a back street. Firstly i looked through the Irish literature to see if anything piqued my interest, but to no avail. Finally i was drawn to the cheap book bucket and there i discovered Mothership by John Brosnan. I have to admit i read most of it in my 3 hour wait at Dublin airport, and i have to say i loved the book, very quirky and funny, I would recommend it to anyone.

As it happens the book finishes with the possibility of a sequel, so i researched it on the internet, and to my surprise i found that the author unfortunately had died in 2005much to my disappointment, however just before he died he had completed the sequel called Return to the Mothership. Now as far as i know it is complete and was slated for publication, but was never released.

Does anybody know anything about this book? will it ever get published or if there has been a small run somewhere as I have to read this.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

yeah i'd be interested too..just read mothership in auckland , nz....very quirky. Love to know if there is a published sequel. cheers!

Thanks for that Tim, one says 2013 and one says 2007, but fingers crossed it will get published, i really appreciate it mate

Ooh, I had three shops open and must have copy and pasted in the details for the 2011 hardback edition, but given the link to the 2013 paperback one (which incidentally, has the same ISBN as the 2007 listing)

I wonder if none of the links are accurate, and that you'd be unable to buy the new book from any of them after all.......keep on waiting I guess, or contact the publishers yourself, using links to numerous bookstores purporting to sell copies to back up your query, so it has more chance of a reply.

Back