Motion Control

Paradox

Cadet
In my opinion motion control is a waste of money.........for now. The only problem is that developers have never really ventured to far into this area of the market and until they can adjust to the change it will be hard for good games to be made regardless of what hardware they are being backed by.

I think its a good idea, new ways to control things will actually lead to better electroincs

True, similar to how the touch screen was largly ignored for being insensitive until just recently when apple and other companies have been revolutionizing the tech.

But it still took a relatively long time for developers to learn how to utilize it in their games/apps.

My main problem with motion control is not how it's executed, but to who it's made for...

take Kinect for example: YOU CAN ONLY FIND KIDDY AND FAMILY GAMES!

The industry is focusing too hard on drawing people who don't play and forgets it's actual niche: THE HARDCORE GAMERS!

Take Nintendo: I loved the gamecube, I had great games for it... but when the wii came out all of it changed... no more games for us hardcore gamers! I can count in one hand the number of AAA titles for us on wii!

That's why I'm scared for what's to come with kinect and move...

That's not to say that the Wii does not have enjoyable games for any type of gamer:

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Mario Kart

New Super Mario Bros

Super Smash Bros

Mario Galexy

Trauma Center

Too name a few. But in case you noticed the theme of all of these games being made by Nintendo and not by any third party developers, this shows that developers have yet to tap into the true potential of motion senseing and how to use it.

i play M and on acusen T but E 10+ is a little fun in the time when i was 6 so that tells you ive been playing M games by the age of 7 so the wii sucks but back to the subject the kinect's main prob is that you got to be 6ft away from the bar so all my hardcore stuff ends up in the living room then i go down to T at most or i make enough room some how and end up stuck in a tight place so untill thats fixes i got 50/50 on getting it and if they fix that wich could probley lead to only 4 or 3ft away from the screen ill be on the 0/0 because idk nothing about the futer so go ahed and tell me out becuase i know some is going to say im not a true gamer please i've been playing games ever scince i was able to hold the joy stick then the controler so please over look me find gaps try to make it work in your head thank you and contuie

and oh yea kratos you make no science thank you very much sachren i know you think it i do to

i would assume because he finds that it has alot of potential and wants to see what it is actualy capable of.

i just dont have six feet of space in my room so it would be useless to me

Back