Mount naming

then it should be able to get killed to right?.... your rideing a horse and a arrow comes out of no where hits the horse in the heart and it hits the ground and you fall off and roll on the ground then you start crying next to your horse because you grew up with it since day 1 and you cant get it back... that would really suck but yeah it would be cool to name your mount lol... if you used the same 1 over and over... not like renting them

naming mounts would be cool. as for them being killable? only if there is mounted combat and the mount itself is capable of fighting.

I don't belive mounts should be killable. Possibly injured somehow, then you have to take it to someone to be healed. I do however really enjoy the idea of naming your mounts :smiley:

Instead of 'Call Horse', it could be 'Call Ringzor of Doom'

lol but see if you rent mounts no way possible to name them and im thinking there going to be rent able you know how much codeing it would be to make every1 able to name there mount? but would be real cool is if you could do a quest to get a special mout like 1 that has faster speed then others or 1 that can fly faster or something

Originally posted by Xblood@May 8 2006, 04:51 AM
lol but see if you rent mounts no way possible to name them and im thinking there going to be rent able you know how much codeing it would be to make every1 able to name there mount? but would be real cool is if you could do a quest to get a special mout like 1 that has faster speed then others or 1 that can fly faster or something
Maybe they shouldn't even consider you being able to rent a mount, but your horse that you own is stabled in a certain area, city, zone, whatever.

just have both rental bought and tamed mounts. the bought and rented mount is prenamed and if you tamed it yourself you get to name it.

I can't imagine the code for mount naming would be hard at all. A simple (/petname Comet or /horsename Comet) would work fine. It works as simply as that in most MMOs. All the code would require was for the mobname to be set. I change the name of my EQ2 summoned pets and house pets all the time.

The code for owning a horse and renting a horse would be the with the exception of having a rented horse flagged for a certain length of time. Either way, renting or owning a horse would still require use of an "ownership" flag. Once a rented horse is returned to vendor the name flag would simply reset to "A Horse."

Personally I've never been a huge fan of a horse summoning spell...only if it is some unique magically looking horse and a perk of a specific class. I do, however, like the idea for questing to get a good/better horse.

bring on the mount names! we're talking customization here, people.

on that thought, why can't we use the character-generation engine to graphically make our mounts unique? That would be friggen cool. Missing eye? Sure! Scars? Sure! Ugly as @#$@? SURE! Ahahhaa bring it.

Originally posted by Xblood@May 9 2006, 12:08 AM
yeah me too i would have a dragon/horse that looks like a bumble bee
A dragon horse that looks like a bumble bee huh? That sounds interesting. I'm sure their will be some sort of mount that will be unique in the world of Elanthia.

Yeah and you should be able to pimp your mount out by strapping a huge spoiler to it's behind and putting "Type R" stickers and phat graphics all over it! :P j/k

Korama, don't forget the Vortec sticker, the 7" wide exhaust, and an assortment of Japanease stickers which no one has any idea what they say.

I really like the idea of naming mounts, I just hope there will be a selection to choose from, and they dont require you to pharm gold for 2 weeks to be able to afford.
OH, flying mounts would ROCK. One of the few things Vangaurd is doing I actually like.

Back