Mounts by Level?

I wonder if some mounts will be size-restrictive. Like, I remember in D&D, Halflings and Gnomes could get riding dogs, or whatever. Maybe there will be a height slider-thingy, and, depending on your height, there will be special mounts for you. Like, you can't ride an elephant if you're under a certain height, but you can't ride a deer if you're over it, or something.

Oh, I need a mount with antlers. If I could ride a Musk Ox, I'd be happy... Doesn't really have antlers, but I need it anyway.

Yeah. I mean, I imagine that most people of a certain race would be of a similar enough height that they're ride the same things, but nothing's all-inclusive.

Also, how could someone say that they're rather have a horse than a musk ox or a donkey? Insanity.

Also, how could someone say that they're rather have a horse than a musk ox or a donkey? Insanity.

I want a horsey... A warhorse, actually. Mounted combat. Mmm..

Insanity?

insanity.jpg

Yeah, I really like the Oompa-Loompa fellows, but I don't see how they'll fare against the purple menace. Even if they have semi-automatic rifles.

Barney will be hopping around like Yoda with that chainsaw and you KNOW it. No freakin' Oompa Loompa army can stop him.

Maybe it'll be more like, "You can pick any mount to start with, but they'll receive 'upgrades' at certain levels." Like, say mounts have classes/titles, right? Well, maybe you get a pony when you start out. At a certain point, it earns the title "War-Pony", or something, and gains the ability to wear more barding than it used to, or gives you a bonus to mounted combat... Something like that.

Or maybe you get some kind of Ogre for a mount. He starts out all out-of-shape, carrying out around in a backpack. Well, after a while, he gets more muscle-y, and gets better balance, so if therefore able to carry you on his shoulders. That way, you can attack while being carried. Something like that.

Maybe it'll be more like, "You can pick any mount to start with, but they'll receive 'upgrades' at certain levels." Like, say mounts have classes/titles, right? Well, maybe you get a pony when you start out. At a certain point, it earns the title "War-Pony", or something, and gains the ability to wear more barding than it used to, or gives you a bonus to mounted combat... Something like that.

Or maybe you get some kind of Ogre for a mount. He starts out all out-of-shape, carrying out around in a backpack. Well, after a while, he gets more muscle-y, and gets better balance, so if therefore able to carry you on his shoulders. That way, you can attack while being carried. Something like that.

I like the sound of that, more flexible. Heck we could even get a bunch together and have an Ogre shoulder-ridin'-last-man-standing' pool party!

Having mounts that you can get from the start, and then they level up with you would be awsome. Not only could you get the mount that best suited your character and his/her RP, but it would be nice to be able to keep that same mount and still have it improvable without having to ditch your current mount. I hated that, esspecially since alot of the time if I'm rping, my characters horse/camel/etc has its own personality too. Same with pets.

The noob in the backpack had best stay out of the deep end. Otherwise he might drown...

*chortle, snort*

Now I was just over at ye 'ol SWG forums and the new 'Beastmaster' profession will work like this. You can gather DNA samples, grow a pet and train it up Offesively, Defensively etc as you get experience with it. You also have to tend to it with a favorite chew toy, treat, or visits to it's favorite friggin' planet to keep it happy or guess what? - it will run away or simply wander off.

I truly hope you can "upgrade" your pets and mounts in HJ, so that they can grow with you. I am such a sentimental fool, that I get attached to my virtual animal companions and hate to trade them for something as silly as level difference

That is what I want. I think it helps me get, "invlovled" with the game too. Logging on and exploring with the pet you have learned to love through your travels! =D

I hated that, esspecially since alot of the time if I'm rping, my characters horse/camel/etc has its own personality too. Same with pets.

MoonDancer, are you from Vanguard and didn't tell us? :P

EDIT: I saw now in your introduction you DID say that, and I missed it. So?? Anyone we know or are you going incognito? <pokes>

I want a clockwork horse, like D's. Only more Steampunk-y. Wouldn't that look cool? You'd see all the gears whirring when it runs... ^^

That would fit in with the whole 'socket it with Wyr to upgrade it' idea, too. =)

I think basic vanilla mounts could be level based, and then more creative, 'cool looking' mounts could be earned another way.

Back