Movie Moments that made you cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find a thread like this one on the board so I thought I should start one.
First of all I have to tell that my list is VERY LONG. I always cry, some of my friends have gone as far as threaten me to never go to see a movie with me again unless I promise not to cry. Of course I fail miserably every time.
So this is my list:

Alien: Resurrection
When SW (can't remember her name in the movie) kills the baby-alien. I mean, come on people, it cared for her as if she was it's real mommy. Did you see it's face when he realize it had been her. That was so sad!!!

Gladiator
At the end, after killing Comodus when Lucilla tells him 'go to them'. And all until the very end, and with that I mean the whole song too.

Titanic
At the begginning when old Rose starts remembering. Then all through the sinking, when Jack dies (of course), and finally when Rose goes back to the Titanic and his waiting for her. :cry:

Bambi
When they kill his mom, do I need to say more...

The Lion King
When his father is murdered by his evel uncle. I HATE SCAR!!!!

Ice Age
In the cavern when they find the paintings... When Diego almost dies... and when they finally return the baby to his father...

Monsters Inc.
At the end whe they have to return Boo. And at the very very end when he get's to see her again... so heartwarming...

The Emperors New Groove
When Cuzco tries to fit in with the rest of the llamas, and they turn away from him. And right after that when he hears Pacha talking to the llamas about him...

Saving Private Ryan
The whole movie. And I'm serious... that's why I only saw it once.

Moulin Rouge
At the end when she decides not to go away with him. All during the play when she starts singing "Come what May". Or course when she dies. And when he finishes writing the book and you can hear Tolouse singing.

Sweet November
Not the first time, because I had a friend that cries even more than I do, so I was to busy having fun of her. But the second time I cried like a baby: When he throws his cell phone in the sink and asks her to marry him. When she tells Chaz that it was the first time she wanted to say Yes!!!. When he sings to her and when they go back to the apartment and is full with callendars, all of them opened in November. And when she leaves. :cry:

Daredevil
When Matt's father is murdered. When Bullseye kills Elektra's father (but because I knew she would think it had been Daredevil). At the funeral when Matt tells her 'stay with me' and then it starts raining and she opens the umbrella (so unfair!!! she knew he could see her). And then when they fight and she hurts him and only afterwards realize it was him. When she dies in his arms. And then at the end when Matt finds the neckless. Yeah I know those are to many scenes.

Life as a House
Beautiful movie!!! I cried all throughout the movie. Specially when everybody starts hekping when the house, and when Sam finds out. Then when his in the hospital with Robin and they are seeing an old homevideo of him and sam whenhe was younger. And then when he dies and Sam decides to give the house to the girl. Oh and that voiceover at the end it's so incredibly beautiful!!!

Love Story
When Oliver and Jenny have the fight about his father birthday party and she leaves. Whe Oliver finds out she's dieing and buys the two tickets to Paris. When He goes home and finds out she already knows. When he's skating. When he goes and asks his father for money. When he goes back to hospital and the doctors tell him her time is coming to an end. When she asks him to hold her. And then when he is leaving the hospital and crash into his father. And then well, the end when he's sitting on the benches looking at the ice rink.

The Pirates of the Cribbean
I started crying more or less at the middle of the movie when I thought will was going to die without telling Elizabeth he was in love with her.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the ring
When Boromir dies :(

Armageddon
I started when Grace and Harr say goodbye to each other before they left. Then when they make it look like AJ died. Then when he pulls the straw and has to stay. When Harry takes him down and sends him back. When He says good bye (for real) to Grace. And when he presses the triger and says 'we did it Gracie'. I love that movie...

What Dreams May Come
I cried specially at the end when it looks like he didn't succed bringing his wife back from hell.

Bicentennial Man
When Little Miss dies. And then when judge doesn't declare him a man. And finally at the end, when they do, but he doesn't get to hear it because he already died. And Portia says to Galatea that it didn't matter, because he allready knew. :cry:

Tuck Everlasting
At tthe begginning because like had read the book I knew when Jessie arrived back in Treegap that Winnie was dead. And then at the end when he asks her to drink from the spring and wait for him, that he would come back. And then of course at the very end when he finds her grave and he cries. I loved the movie even more than the book. And that's a lot!

The Untouchables
When Sean Connery is Killed

Pearl Harbor
When Rafe 'died'. Then when he comes back and Evelyn tells him that she's pregnante. And when Danny dies, although I hate him with all my heart, it wasn't allright for him to date his bestfriend girlfriend.

Artificial Intelligence
At the end when the aliens re-create Monica and she can only live for a day and she and David have a 'perfect' day together and in the end she tells him that she loves him and she always has loved him and then they both 'fall asleep'.

Lilo & Stitch
At the end when Stitch says he finally found his familly.

Autumn in New York
I started crying when he tells her that she ruined her for all women, and I cried until the end. But I liked the 'happy'ending it had.

I think that pretty much covers it. How about you? Which movie moments made you cry?

I am the same as Sarah, which I guess must be weird oh well. Haldir and Boromir, yeah LOTR!!!

Sarah said:
You're really emotional, aren't you? I've never cried during a movie.
You know, the weird thing is that it's very hard for me to cry in real life. I never cry, the only time I remember crying was when my 15 year old dog died two years ago and when my grandmother passed away. But when it comes to movies or books I can't help it. I guess is my way of letting everything out. Yeah, I know! I need pofessional help :D .

i never cry ^_^ ever :lol: the last tim ei remember is when my cat died. not even when i broke my finger or my foot :rolleyes: i have this mental thing against crying. anyway :lol:

Well....I'm certainly and movie sobbing freak. I cry at everything....even movies that don't require crying.

I cried during Gladiator, Titanitc, and Pearl Harbor as well. For LOTR...when Boromir dies, Haldir dies (that one hurt!), and when Aragorn fell off the cliff (even though I knew he wasn't going to die ahead of time...:lol:smiley: There are hundreds more, but I just might bore you with them all. ;)

I'm kinda like you guys....movies, some songs, and stories can make me sob sometimes! But like the time I nearly cut my thumb off while I was peeling an apple, I wasn't crying I was just really really pissed off at myself. lol. :P The few times I've cried in the last several years in real life were when someone died...

newho, on topic now, a movie moment that made me cry was in Armageddon when they come home and Liv and Ben run into a hug and then the little boy runs up to the dad and everyone's cheering and the score just makes ur heart swell! sry, I'm obsessed with movie music or scores....they just make the movie more worth watching in my opinion!

i cry very rarely. but the times i actually cried are: When John left America in the End of Pocohontas, at the part in lilo and Stitch when Stitch sees the book and he's like "family means nobody gets left behind." and in Tarzan when he tries on his father's clothes. that's about it. Damn those emotional Disney movies. Moulin Rouge couldn't even make me cry!

i cry during lots of movies...
but the one that i tend to cry the most in is It's A Wonderful Life...i cry so many times during that movie

btvaughn said:
Well....I'm certainly and movie sobbing freak. I cry at everything....even movies that don't require crying.

I cried during Gladiator, Titanitc, and Pearl Harbor as well. For LOTR...when Boromir dies, Haldir dies (that one hurt!), and when Aragorn fell off the cliff (even though I knew he wasn't going to die ahead of time...:lol:smiley: There are hundreds more, but I just might bore you with them all. ;)
i knoooooooow, when Aragorn went over i was like :jawdrop: :eek: :thud: he caaaaaaaant die!

but i cried over haldir because HE WASNT SUPPOSED TO DIE!

~*~Tinker Belle~*~ said:
i cry very rarely. but the times i actually cried are: When John left America in the End of Pocohontas, at the part in lilo and Stitch when Stitch sees the book and he's like "family means nobody gets left behind." and in Tarzan when he tries on his father's clothes. that's about it. Damn those emotional Disney movies.
I know what you mean, I always cry with Disney movies too!!! And that's not it. For me it's not enough to cry in the cinema. When they come out in vhs/dvd I buy them and I continue to cry every time I see them. My exboyfriend used to make fun of me because of that. He said 'you're 18 years old and you buy disney movies'. So what, you're as old as you let yourself be. Aparently I'm still 8 :D

:lol: it's really easy for me to start crying in a movie. I just get so swept up in it all....

I cried in the aforementioned Bambi and Moulin Rogue (that part where Christian's singing and she's up in the tower with the duke and looks down and sees him... always gets me). and at the end of Gladiator.... I've only ever seen the last fifteen minutes of that movie, and I still managed to get choked up. :D

The Pianist
I started crying about fifteen minutes into this movie, and after a while it became too much and I had to turn it off. :blush:

West Side Story
during that last scene in the basketball courts, and she's holding the gun and asking how many bullets are left... no matter how many times I've seen this movie, I always cry at that part.

Gone With The Wind
when Scarlett realizes she loves Rhett and she runs home, and then he just walks out the door... ^_^

Rebel Without A Cause
at the end when they shoot the kid, and James Dean runs out and yells, "I've got the bullets!!"... always gets me.

Breakfast At Tiffany's
that scene at the subway station when Doc's leaving, and she tells him, "I'm not Lula Mae anymore!"

^_^

Wow. Thats a lot. I cried during the lion king too! When I was little and mufasa died. Hey it was sad! PotC though? Thats the best movie ever! If Jack(Johnny Depp :smiley: :blush:) would have died, THEN I might have cried. But probably not. I more likely than not would have started yelling at the screen. :smiley:

I hardly ever cry during movies. Every once in a while I come close or get a little teary-eyed, but I 've never seen a movie that has caused me to totally break down and started sobbing or anything. I cried at movies even less when I was a little kid. It's weird, because Id me more likely to start crying if I watched The Lion King today than when I was little and I'm really not sure why. I guess I wasn't a very emotional child....

dude.....i've cried during so many movies!!!!
pearl harbour
moulin rouge
titanic
john Q
armageddon
i am sam
simon birch
and i can't think of anymore but i will later

I think there's another topic like this out there somewhere. But yeah, I'm like some of you... I have a hard time crying in real life, but I bawl at movies. And some tv shows and yes, even songs (though usually when I'm by myself and I'm feel down as it is) and books. So here we go... lets see if I can remember exactly where in movies I cry...

Titanic: Well, the first 2 or so times I saw it, I cried during the scene when the boat was sinking and Mr. Andrews talks to Rose and gives her his lifejacket. And then the short scene where the Irish woman is telling her two children a bedtime story in bed as the boat sinks. But not when Jack died... I dunno.

Dead Poets Society: The scene where Neil shoots himself, and his parents find him in his father's office. Then at the end, when Keating comes into the classroom to get his stuff and Todd stands on the desk and says oh captain my captain. And then almost all of the class follows him, and they play that great music. And then Keating says "thank you gentlemen." Gah. Those two scenes get me every time.

Moulin Rouge: When Satine tells Christian that she doesn't love him. And then at the end, for obvious reasons.

One True Thing: I think I cried through the whole movie. What a depressing movie.

Schindler's List: At the end, after the war, when Schindler yanks off his ring and breaks down, saying "I could have done more." Even my dad cried.

American History X: Towards the beginning, when Ed Norton's character makes that man bite down on the curb, and... yeah. It just horrified me to tears. And the end, when the same character goes running into the bloody bathroom.

Saving Private Ryan: Towards the beginning, when the officers go to Mrs Ryan to tell her about her 3 dead sons.

Pay it Forward: At the end, when Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey go outside and see all those people holding candles for Trevor.

The Patriot: That scene when all the townspeople are locked in the church and it is torched. And when the little girl, Susan, runs up to her dad, saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll say anything you want me to."

Bambi: Yeah, when Bambi's mom is killed.

Lilo and Stitch: That part mentioned before when Stitch says "family means nobody gets left behind."

Ghost: I'm not sure exactly when I started to cry, but cry I did. A lot.

What Dreams May Come: Towards the end, I started bawling and couldn't stop.

League of Their Own: When the telegraph comes while they're all in the locker room.

Forrest Gump: When Jenny dies.

I Am Sam: The scene where Sam tells Michelle Phieffer's character something like "you don't know what it's like when I'm trying and trying..."

Philadelphia: During the court scene, when Denzel Washington's character has Tom Hanks' character unbutton his shirt so every can see the leasions. And at the end, when they're showing that old film of him as a little child.

Steel Magnolia: When Julia Roberts dies.

Life Is Beautiful: I don't remember the movie much, but I do remember crying. LoL

City of Angels: The movie just cracks me up now, but that scene at the end when he says that everything was worth it.

^_^ Wow, another long list! I forgot about Pay it forward.... I think I might have cried during that one. :confused: And Simon Birch was really sad, but I saw that one a really long time ago so I have no idea if I cried or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back