Movies: 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seabiscuit is the name of a race horse from the 1930's. The movie is based on the book by Laura Hillebrand. It is a really cool story b/c even though the horse had all these things against it ( it was knock-kneed, the jockey was a prize-fighter who was blind in one eye, the trainer was an alcoholic), it went on to beat the best horse in America at the time, War General.

Actually, the other horse's name is War Admiral. You were close. ;) I'm a huge horse racing fan. And a huge Tobey Maguire fan. So I cannot WAIT for this movie. :D

I also cannot wait for...
Mona Lisa Smile
Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King (my favorite book in the trilogy)
Runaway Jury (based on the Grisham novel, starring John Cusack... but it might not be a 2003 release)
View From the Top
Down With Love

I don't know if it's coming out in 2003, but there is another CG movie by Disney called Finding Nemo. I watched the trailer at Quicktime-Movie Trailers. It looks cute!

I was also browsing around there, and they have a trailer for Seabiscuit and Dumb and Dumberer and several others that were mentioned.

Today when I went to see LOTR they had some previews I hadn't seen yet. They had one for Bad Boys 2, which looked pretty funny. And I wasn't totally sold on Terminator 3, but after seeing the preview I soooo want to go see it! A female cyborg who kicks ass! How cool is that?! Also, there was a preview for Bruce Almighty, which looked so hilarious! It has Jim Carrey in it, and I am not a huge Jim Carrey fan, but this actually looked good. I guess he gets to have God's powers for one week or something. It looked good. They also had an ad for Dumb and Dumberer but didn't show anything, and X-men 2, which didn't look that great, but maybe it was just me.

ok, i've added "Kill Bill" to my list (see preview in Gangs of New York) and changed the "Dumb and Dumberer" title to official title and confirmed release date.

Unfortunately, both Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels will not be returning as Harry and Lloyd. And I'm also in the process of acquiring the official release date of X-Men 2, so if any of you have it, please PM me so I dont have to hassle in hunting it down. :xmas:

1. ok, so I've updated my list again...

2. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days:

Comedy and Romance
A regular ladies man (McConaughey) bets his friends (Goldberg, Lennon) that he can stay in a relationship for more than 10 days. Unluckily for him, however, the girl (Hudson) that he picks just happens to try to get rid of him almost immediately.

MPAA Rating : PG-13 for some sex-related material.

Release Date : February 7th, 2003.

3. i've also added X-Men 2 (y)

4. I'm also pleased to inform y'all that our Jennifer is gonna be in a movie called 13 Going on 30. AND Lena Olin will be starring in The United States of Leland and Hollywood Homicide.

The United States of Leland:

15-year-old Leland murders an autistic child and claims that he committed the act out of sadness. The boy is sent to a juvenile facility, where a male teacher named Pearl must unravel the mystery behind Leland's murderous act and sadness while dealing with how the tragic killing affects the families of both the victim and the perpetrator.

Olin plays Marybeth Fitzgerald

MPAA Rating: R

Hollywood Homicide:

Two LAPD homicide detectives who moonlight in other fields, Joe Gavilian (Ford) (a real estate agent) and K.C. Calden (Hartnett) (a yoga instructor and wannabe actor), investigate the slaying of a rap group on stage that is possibly orchestrated by Sartain (Washington), a notorious rap label boss who is rumored to have arranged the death of rap artists in the past who wanted to get out of their contracts, and whose head of security is himself a former LAPD officer.

MPAA Rating: NR

does anybody have any more info. that i left out on these three movies? (13 Going on 30, The United States of Leland, and Hollywood Homicide)

Movies I Wanna See:
Daredevil (Ben & Jennifer flic!!)
Maid In Manhattan
Catch Me If You Can (Jennifer Garner's in it!! No Duh!!)
One Hour Photo (Michael Vartan Movie!!!!)
Legally Blonde 2 (I loved the first one) :redhair:

ah!, we lost about a page of posts, so please feel free to post your movies of 2003. mine is probably longer (or shorter) now, but anyways, post away.

that new movie (s) with Hilary Duff (Agent Cody Banks and The Lizzie McGuire Movie) looks so stupid! i cant believe that they actually made movies like that. Agent Cody Banks is Frankie Muniz's attempt at being James Bond and Hilary Duff just wants to be the next Britney Spears (can't sing and tries to act)

i dont have anything against them, but it's just so dumb

I'm looking forward to Return of the King! It should be absolutely amazing! Peter Jackson (director) said that it is his favorite movie besides he has had 4 years to touch up on it! :woot:

I think I might have allready said this but, Bring it on is my fave!

the_alliance said:
that new movie (s) with Hilary Duff (Agent Cody Banks and The Lizzie McGuire Movie) looks so stupid! i cant believe that they actually made movies like that. Agent Cody Banks is Frankie Muniz's attempt at being James Bond and Hilary Duff just wants to be the next Britney Spears (can't sing and tries to act)

i dont have anything against them, but it's just so dumb
I know don't you dislike Hilary for that, and what talents does the girl have she can't sing. (Oh wait Britney Spears can't sing either)Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back