Movin' On

New Chapter

Two weeks later, I awoke to find the bed next to me empty. I listened to hear if there were any sounds coming from the house, and to my surprise it was quiet. Vaughn must have went out early this morning. I got up, and got in the shower to get ready. When I emerged from the bathroom, I saw the most beautiful sight in the world. Michael Vaughn sitting on the edge of the bed with a single red rose in his hand.

“Where have you been? I missed you this morning.” I said.

“I had to go out, I had a few things to do.” he told me. “Now start packing.” he said.

“Packing? What? Where are we going Michael?” I asked.

“It’s a surprise baby. We will be gone for two weeks, it is warm where we are going, and you don’t need a lot of clothes.” he said.

I gave him a playful slap at his implications.

“Excuse me? You know I hate surprises.” I told him.

“All you need to know is you need your swim suit, some summery clothes, and maybe a nice dress or two, oh, and you will be with me for two weeks. Just the two of us. Need I say more?” he said.

“Fine, fine. I will get packed. I don’t have to like it though.” i said.

“Fine, hurry up, we leave in an hour.” he said.

“An HOUR??? Are you joking?” I said.

“Nope, one hour.” he said after giving me a smoldering kiss. “Hop to it.”

An hour later we were in the car. He was being awfully secretive about where we were going. A short time later, we arrived at a private airfield, where a private plan was waiting for us.

“I chartered a private plane for your travelling comfort m’lady.” he said with a grin.

“Thanks, considering I am 28 almost 29 weeks pregnant. Everything is becoming so much more uncomfortable the more this baby grows. I can’t believe it. I have pains in places that I didn’t know could hurt. My back has been hurting so badly it isn’t even funny.” I told him.

“Funny you should mention that, I have a surprise for you once we are on the plane. Don’t try and ask the pilots where we are going, they have been instructed to resist even the deadliest of torture. So don’t even try it. “ he said.

We walked on the plane, and stowed our luggage away, he grabbed my hand, and dragged me to the back of the plane, where there was a small bedroom. Instead of the pull down bead, he had set up a massage table, designed specifically for pregnant women.

“Oh Michael.” I said.
“Once we are safe in the air, and hopefully turbulence free, I plan to give you a mind numbing massage. You deserve it, and when we get to our destination, that thing folds up and will accompany us on our little vacation. So I can give you massages whenever you need one.” he said

“Michael, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Why wouldn’t you just book me a massage then, and save yourself the trouble?” I asked.

“Because. Why would I pay someone to put their hands all over your body. I want to be the only one who touches you in that way. You know all I want to do is take care of you, really Syd, nothing could make me feel happier. Now buckle up, the sooner we are safe in the air, the sooner, I can begin to relieve some of those kinks.” He said.

“Okay. Thanks. Thanks for this. I know I said I hate surprises, but I trust you. I know it will be fabulous. Just because we’ll be together.” I said.

“You hungry?” he asked.

“Me? Hungry? That’s a loaded question. I am starved.” I said.

“Good, I brought a wonderful assortment of your favorite breakfast foods.” he said.

“Good Lord you are heaven sent. Seriously, where did you come from?” she asked.

“France silly.” he replied sweetly.

“I know, I know, it’s just, you are amazing.” I said.

“Thanks baby. I am only amazing because you are my fiance.” he said.

We ate breakfast on the plane, and held comfortable conversation. 6 hours, a half a watermelon, 3 chocolate crossaints, and a heavenly massage later, we landed at our destination.

“We’re here baby.” Michael said excitedly.

“Where is here exactly?” I asked him.

“St. Lucia of course. For the next two weeks, it’s you, me, sun, sand and other stuff.” he said with a wink.

“Mmmm..sounds perfect. This is just what I needed.” I said.

“After the last few years you have had, I agree. We both need this. We haven’t been on vacation, well ever. Think of it as Santa Barbara, but better.” he said.

We got off the plane, and a car drove us to the resort we were staying at. We checked in and a man driving a golf cart picked us up front to take us to our room. We were staying in an exclusive part of the resort, which had it’s own restaurants, own pool, and every room had a jacuzzi tub for two. We got to our room, and I was amazed at how huge the room was. It was like an apartment. Not your typical hotel room. It had a huge dining room set for 6 people, two balconies, both with ocean views, a huge bathroom with whirl pool tub, and a large four poster king size bed. I plopped down on the bed and let out a huge sigh.

“You tired?” he asked.

“Me, yeah a little.” I told him.

“Why don’t you take a little nap, and then we can go get something to eat. I will look over the hotel maps and try and figure out how to navigate around this place.” he said.

“Ok baby. That sounds good.” I said with a yawn.

“Sleep tight babe.” he said giving me a sweet kiss and leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

I quickly fell into a peaceful slumber with the sounds of exotic birds in the distance.

Michael’s POV.

“Hello, room service? Yes this is Michael Vaughn from Suite 2477. Yes I am going to need your help with a little surprise for my fiance.....”

TBC....

Sorry for the lack of update in the last few days, I am having a hard time updating both my fics..hope this ties you over for a bit. Thanks for reading.

awesome update... cant wait for more!! OMG St. Lucia, where is that anyway? obviously somewhere tropical and romantic! thanks for the pm!

Sydney’s POV

I awoke a short time later and noticed it had fallen dark while I was asleep. I also noticed that the room was eerily quiet. I listened for a brief minute, and didn’t hear Michael at all. I wondered where he could have gone, but decided to carefully investigate to see why it was so quiet. I opened the door to the other room, and noticed that it was dark, only lit by the orange glow of candles. There was a path of rose petals and candles leading to one of the terraces, which had the doors open, and the white sheer curtains were blowing in with a gentle warm ocean breeze. I followed the path of candles to the terrace, and the sight before me took my breath away.

Staring back at me was the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. He was wearing a white Mexican style button down shirt, which excentuated his tan skin, and khaki pants. He had a beautiful table set up for a dinner for two, he was sitting in his chair facing the ocean, just waiting for me to join him. He must have scensed my presence because he turned to me, and flashed me his amazing smile, and handed me the white lilies he was holding for me.

“Good evening m’lady.” He said as he pulled out my chair for me.

“Michael…this is beautiful. I can’t believe you did this for me.” I said.

“Well believe it. You have been through enough in your life, it is time for you to be pampered and enjoy being normal. I intend to treat you every chance I get. I’ll be right back, I am going to let our concierge know that we are ready for our meals now, I hope you are hungry for lobster.” He said.

I watched as he retreated into the hotel room to call down for our dinner. I sat on the terrace looking out over the amazing ocean, and full moon that illuminated the waves in the distance, and I don’t think I could have asked for a more perfect moment. Or more perfect man to share it with. After all that we had been through, it was amazing to think that this day, the things I have dreamed about being able to do with Michael Vaughn, are finally coming true. I am having his baby, I have his ring on my finger, and we are finally going to be happy. Terrorists be damned. I smiled at the thought. There was no Irina Derevko, Julian Sark, Arvin Sloane or Anna Espinosa that could ruin this for me, this moment right now, it will always be in my memory, and nobody can take that from me.

My memories of the short time I spent with Michael before I disappeared were the one thing that they couldn’t break from me, even in the roughest and toughest part of their attempts to brain wash me. His love, this love, that we share for each other, pulled me through, and there is nothing anyone can do to take that away. Even if I died today, I was at least blessed with these moments. Although I would like to live to be able to raise this baby, I actually feel blessed to have what I do. I don’t think I have told God that lately. Of all the betrayal and hurt, I still feel blessed, right now, tonight, with the man I love, and have loved for probably my whole life. Maybe I didn’t know it until a few years ago, but the promise of him was with me from the day I was born. Everyone has that special one, and it really only comes once. Nothing could ever touch the love of soulmates. Michael Vaughn is my soulmate. Nothing has been able to keep us apart for long, and I don’t believe there is anything that could.

“Syd? What are you thinking about? You look a million miles away from here.” He said returning to the terrace.

“I was just thinking about how perfect you are. How perfect we are together. Nobody can touch this. What we have right now, here in this amazing paradise on earth. I honestly don’t think I could feel happier than I do right now Michael. Thank you so much for bringing me here.” I said.

“Sydney, I love you, I am going to spend the rest of my life making sure that you are as happy as you are right now. I promise you that.” He said.

“I love you too.” I said.

Our food arrived, and we ate a fabulous meal together, satisfying my hunger pains to the fullest.

“You want to go for a walk on the beach with me?” he asked.

“I would love it.” I said.

We walked down to the water, the sound of the high tide waves crashing against the rocks. I red flag was raised in the water indicating the current was too strong for swimmers, but the sound of the waves was calming no less. We walked in silence for a while hand in hand, drinking in each others company. The peace of this island long overdue and much needed after the lives we have led. We have both traveled all over the world, and have seen so much, but we have never been residents of normalville. It is amazing here, and I don’t ever want to leave.

“So, do you think we should start thinking about names for this baby?” he asked.

“Yeah, have any ideas?” I asked.

“Well, for a boy, I really like the name Elias. For a girl, I like the name Gillian. I don’t know why, but those names always struck me. What names do you like?” he asked.

“I love those names actually. I really like the name Ella for a girl, and I like the name Aiden for a boy. I don’t know, it is going to be hard to decide. Let’s make a deal, if we have a girl, you can name it. If we have a boy, I name it.” I told him.

“Deal.” He said.

We walked a bit more in comfortable silence, and I noticed Michael got a strange look on his face as we were walking. I felt him squeeze my hand tighter, before letting go of my hand, and turning me towards him. He wasted no time in pulling me to him. The wind had picked up a bit off the ocean, and my hair was falling slightly in my face. He gently took his hands and pulled the strands of hair from my face, and gently tucked them behind my ear, and caressed my cheeks, rubbing small circles with his thumbs. The full moon was sparkling across the water, and I noticed his eyes were a sparkling green I have never seen on him before. His eyes had almost taken on a life of their own. The expression in his eyes was one I haven’t seen, I wasn’t sure what he was trying to convey in the quietness of the night, but his eyes were telling me he wanted to say something, but the words couldn’t make it out of his mouth.

“Michael, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Syd.” He started, while still caressing my face. “I didn’t know how to start what I am about to say, but I don’t think I can let another moment pass where I don’t tell you this.” He said.

“You’re scaring me.” I said.

“No, baby, don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. I just, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I just wanted you to know, just in case you somehow didn’t, that you mean everything to me. I mean, even though we have been through our share of bad times, I can honestly tell you that I am so lucky to spend even a sliver of my life with you. I just wanted you to know that. I am so thankful for what we have been given, a second chance. I believe you are my soulmate. The women that stopped my heart all those years ago. You are so amazing, and I am the luckiest man in the world to be able to spend a moment in this cruel world with someone like you. Do you even know how amazing you are? I love you for so many reasons Syd, but the main reason I love you is because you are the strongest person I have ever met, and not to mention the most beautiful. I can’t tell you how much you have changed my life. I didn’t want another minute to go by on this earth with me not telling you that. I lost you once, and I held so much regret for not telling you that. I’m so sorry for any hurt I have ever caused you, but please know, I would sooner die than hurt you in a purposeful way. I love you Syd, so much.” He said.

“Oh my god Vaughn. I know. I love you too. I feel the same way about you. I am so lucky to have you back in my life, after all I went through. I thought I would end up alone, and miserable. But here I am, on the beach, with my gorgeous French fiancé, and a pregnant belly that holds a baby we made from this amazing love we share. I am the luckiest girl in the world, and I can’t wait to share my life with you. Now and forever Michael.” I said while wiping away a single tear that escaped from my eye.

“Wow, I don’t know how we are going to write our wedding vows now. I don’t think either of us can top ourselves on the sentiment tonight.” He said chuckling softly.

“Don’t say that. I am an English major, plus, I never run out of things to say when I think about Michael Vaughn, I am sure you will do something to inspire me, like you do everyday.” I told him.

“See what I mean, you did it again, how do you top that one?” he asked playfully.

“C’mon Syd, I got a surprise for you.” He said tugging on my hand and walking me back in the direction of our room.

We got back to the room, and he pulled me out to the balcony off the bedroom, and placed me in one of the chaise lounges, and told me to stay. He emerged from our room carrying a guitar, and a boyish grin to match the sparkle in his emerald eyes.

“I have another song to sing you. I also wrote it in our journal. I know how much you love Coldplay, so I learned a new song for you, it’s called Fix You, and it reminded me of our relationship, especially back when I was your handler, and I think it still applies today, because I will always try to protect you, and fix you when you have a problem. So here goes nothing.” He said strumming his guitar gently trying to find the chords.

He softly began strumming and then sang the lyrics softly.

When you try your best, but you don’t succeed.
When you get what you want, but not what you need.
When you feel so tired, but you can’t sleep.
Stuck in reverse. And the tears come streaming down your face,
when you lose something you can’t replace. When you love someone,
but it goes to waste, could it be worse? Lights will guide you home,
and ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you.
High up above, and down below, when you’re too in love to let it go,
but if you never try, you’ll never know, just what your worth.
Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you.
Tears streaming, down your face, when you lose something
Tears streaming, down your face, and I will try to fix you.
Tears streaming down your face, and I promise you I will learn from my mistakes.
Tears streaming down your face, and I…. Lights will guide you home,
and ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you.

Tears were streaming down my face almost immediately when I heard the words to this song. It could not be more true, that he was always there to fix me, when I felt most broken. That night on the pier, when I had nobody to talk to, he picked me up from my lowest point, and gave me the strength to go on. The night in the warehouse when he told me that was his ally. It’s always been him, and I am so lucky to have him back in my life.

“I love you Michael.” I said while pulling him onto the two person lounge chair, and cuddling into his chest.

“I love you too Syd, more than you could ever know.” He said while kissing my forehead.

We both drifted off into a peaceful sleep on the terrace on a warm St. Lucian night. This vacation is exactly what we needed.

TBC…..

a/n:

Ok, so I wrote this chapter while listening to the new Coldplay album on MTV’s the leak. I swear I listened to the song “Fix You” 20 times. It is awesome, the album comes out Tuesday, so go buy it!!!! Anyhoo, I have a few more fillers chapters to write, before I get back to some angst and spy stuff. Yep, it is going to get interesting. Hope you enjoyed this fluffy chapter.

Back